GUILTY IN - Mercedes Lain, 11 mos, extreme danger Plymouth, 12 Aug 2021 *3 Arrests, includes parents*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m more floored by the matter-of-fact way this article describes the “parents” literally pimping out their 12-year old daughter to a 20-year old man in exchange for drugs. How large a red flag does CPS need before they identify a family whose circumstances warrant extra scrutiny/supervision?!
I cannot freakin believe that he was allowed to raise another baby girl, after he was convicted of giving over his 11 yr old daughter to a man in exchange for some weed. And then CPS closes cases, where other family wanted to take this sweet baby for her own safety. It is disgusting and pathetic.

I think Miller may have told the truth. He may have brought Mercedes back to the motel, and given her to a random meth addict in the room. And I think Daddy of the Year, Mr Lain, may have come back at some point, and pimped her out again, OR he did something very bad, because she was so much 'trouble.' :(

Plymouth Police Chief Dave Bacon will provide an update on the case of the missing 11-month-old girl at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 19. bbm

According to the court documents, Kenneth Lain and Tiffany Coburn dropped their daughter off with Justin Miller so that “could have a break.” While Miller had Mercedes he initially told police her stay with a friend in Koontz Lake, but then changed his story saying he was with his girlfriend in Mishawaka.

On Sunday, when he was supposed to drop Mercedes off at the motel where her parents were staying, they weren’t there, so he told police he left the little girl with a woman who was staying in their room because he had to get to an appointment.
Parents of missing 11-month-old girl in Plymouth uncooperative with police - 95.3 MNC

I think Miller may have told the truth. He may have brought Mercedes back to the motel, and given her to a random meth addict in the room. And I think Daddy of the Year, Mr Lain, may have come back at some point, and pimped her out again, OR he did something very bad, because she was so much 'trouble.' :(
I also think he was truthful in bringing her back to the motel. He was done with her and probably tossed her to the first familiar person he saw. He probably had not a clue how to care for a baby - especially one who might be uncomfortable, tired, cranky, hungry, thirsty, hot and scared. If he was willing to take the baby at all, it could have been because he had been around Mercedes when she was in a good mood and happy. If he was also tweaking and euphoric, he probably thought - yeah, sure I can take her, no problem - go make the buy and hurry back with the crank cause I’m hurting too.

I live in NE Indiana and have been following since the Silver Alert was issued on Sunday. Just saw this announcement-

WATCH LIVE: Plymouth police to hold press conference to update case of missing 11-month-old.

PLYMOUTH, Ind. (WPTA21) — The Plymouth Police Department is holding a press briefing Thursday morning to update the public on the case of missing baby Mercedes Lain.

WPTA21 affiliate WNDU reports that due to "recent developments," the police department planned a conference for 10:30 a.m. at the Marshall County Sheriff's Department.

You can watch the update live on our Facebook page.

WATCH LIVE: Plymouth police to hold press conference to update case of missing 11-month-old

Plymouth Police Chief Dave Bacon will provide an update on the case of the missing 11-month-old girl at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 19. bbm

According to the court documents, Kenneth Lain and Tiffany Coburn dropped their daughter off with Justin Miller so that “could have a break.” While Miller had Mercedes he initially told police her stay with a friend in Koontz Lake, but then changed his story saying he was with his girlfriend in Mishawaka.

On Sunday, when he was supposed to drop Mercedes off at the motel where her parents were staying, they weren’t there, so he told police he left the little girl with a woman who was staying in their room because he had to get to an appointment.
Parents of missing 11-month-old girl in Plymouth uncooperative with police - 95.3 MNC
Surely LE knows if Mercedes was brought back to the hotel by now. My God, how many other children are staying at that dump? WTH? Round em all up and do your due diligence CPS! Stop whining about being overworked with caseloads. Yes, I’m sure you are. Demand some help! Write up a proposal with specifics, identify problem areas and tasks that can be redirected elsewhere in your agency, hire interns from a local community college for the busy bee work, create a task force, etc etc. Submit documents following chain of command. Don’t settle for a response that funds are low when children are dying right under your umbrella.

I can’t even comprehend the bold perverted audacity of these adults. It’s like they designed their life around drugs and thought of their kids as bartering tools.
Court documents shed light on Mercedes Lain's father, Kenny Lain's, troubled past

Eta: Apologies if this is a repeat. Looks like this dude has a history of addiction and crimes…

A Starke County police officer arrested a Knox resident on Wednesday, December 23rd, on charges of Residential Entry and Possession of Methamphetamine, both Class D Felonies.

Officers were called to a residence on 250 North after a call was made to the Sheriff’s Department about a possible break-in at the residence. Justin Miller was attempting to leave the residence and got stuck in the snow when police were called to the scene. After further investigation, police found that Miller had allegedly broken into the basement by breaking the basement window and gaining entry into the residence. When police searched Miller’s vehicle, they reportedly found methamphetamine and paraphernalia in his pickup truck.
A Knox Man is Arrested on Charges of Residential Entry, Possession of Methamphetamine

Last edited:
I live in NE Indiana and have been following since the Silver Alert was issued on Sunday. Just saw this announcement-

WATCH LIVE: Plymouth police to hold press conference to update case of missing 11-month-old.

PLYMOUTH, Ind. (WPTA21) — The Plymouth Police Department is holding a press briefing Thursday morning to update the public on the case of missing baby Mercedes Lain.

WPTA21 affiliate WNDU reports that due to "recent developments," the police department planned a conference for 10:30 a.m. at the Marshall County Sheriff's Department.

You can watch the update live on our Facebook page.

WATCH LIVE: Plymouth police to hold press conference to update case of missing 11-month-old
thank you for posting the presser information - I'm not sure I will be able to catch it so hoping you or someone can update us.

Miller said on Thursday, Kenneth contacted him about buying synthetic marijuana. During the conversation, Kenneth discussed the difficulty they were having with Mercedes, so Miller offered to take her for a few days, according to the probable cause affidavit.

"DIFFICULTY" THEY WERE HAVING WITH MERCEDES? Just gets worse and worse

Court records say parents uncooperative in search for Mercedes Lain

Smh with DISGUST. Father calls guy looking to buy drugs from him, and eventually decides 'yeah, I need to go on a weekend bender, this guy seems like an ideal babysitting candidate.'
(consistent given his previous conviction with older daughter years ago)

Smh with DISGUST. Father calls guy looking to buy drugs from him, and eventually decides 'yeah, I need to go on a weekend bender, this guy seems like an ideal babysitting candidate.'
(consistent given his previous conviction with older daughter years ago)
This Miller dude is trouble. Big trouble. I rescind my previous statement that I think he was telling the truth about bringing her back to the motel. I think he may have sent the parents off for more chemicals to make his poisonous product in the bathtub. He’s got plenty of experience to list in his resume. I’ll just bet ya he’s the most popular dealer in that trap house disguised as a hotel. The owners also need to be investigated. Pronto!
Indiana Offender Database Search

More on Kenny Lain's past:

Back in December of 2014, the Knox Police Department began investigating Kenny Lain and his then-wife, Mary Lain, for neglect of a dependent after their daughter, who was a minor at the time and who we are not going to name, got pregnant.

The man who got the minor pregnant is named Angel Delapaz, who was 20-years-old when the minor was just 12.

According to the documents, in June 2015, Delapaz was arrested for child molestation and later sentenced to eight years in the Indiana Department of Corrections.

Meanwhile, Kenny Lain told investigators from a Starke County Jail cell, for an unrelated charge, while he knew his daughter was pregnant, he didn’t know Delapaz, said he’d never heard the name, and even said his daughter was never involved with any adults.

But the minor, Kenny’s daughter, told investigators her parents knew of her relationship with Delapaz, a relationship that she told investigators began around October of 2014. The minor also told police Delapaz would frequent the residence prior to the start of the minor’s relationship with him.

According to a police report, in November 2014, Kenny and Mary Lain allowed Delapaz to move in with them, and even allowed Delapaz to sleep in the minor’s room.

Fast forward to September 2015, after months of interviews and investigating, court documents show Mary Lain admitted to Knox Police that Kenny Lain told her in that exchange for marijuana from Delapaz, Kenny allowed the minor to go with Delapaz.

Mary wasn’t the only one to confirm that, so did another man named Cody Byrn, who was Mary Lain’s then-boyfriend and lived in the same house as the family.

Court documents show Kenny Lain was sentenced to two years in the Starke County Justice Center in April 2016, while Mary Lain served 105 days in jail and got 24-months’ probation.

Court documents shed light on Mercedes Lain's father, Kenny Lain's, troubled past
Weed? Really, weed??? I'm speechless...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyingHorses4
Back