Deceased/Not Found IN - Najah Ferrell, 30, Avon, Hendricks County, 15 March 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The remains were not of a baby, but police declined to reveal any additional details about the race, gender or approximate age of the victim.

While police were short on those basic details, they said Monday's find does not appear to have any connections with the local case of Najah Ferrell — a missing mother of five, according to WTHR, an Indianapolis NBC affiliate.

Police and the Marion County coroner are still seeking to identify the remains and determine the cause of death.

Body discovered inside suitcase in Indianapolis, sparking investigation

Thread for the UID: IN - IN - Indianapolis, Human Remains in Suitcase, Bean Creek, May 2019

Checking on Najah.

The remains in a suitcase not being a suspicious death--odd remark... I guess it could be a natural death and someone could have disposed of a body for instance to keep collecting social security...?

It seems an odd thing to say though that it is not suspicious--if the death is not, the placing in a suitcase and disposal sure is, I seriously doubt the person placed his/her own body in the suitcase :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, it sounds as if it is not Najah but is not confirmed, I pray she is found. If it is not her, then I hope it provides answers for someone's loved ones at least, as someone stated above.

Jmo.

Checking on Najah.

The remains in a suitcase not being a suspicious death--odd remark... I guess it could be a natural death and someone could have disposed of a body for instance to keep collecting social security...?

It seems an odd thing to say though that it is not suspicious--if the death is not, the placing in a suitcase and disposal sure is, I seriously doubt the person placed his/her own body in the suitcase :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, it sounds as if it is not Najah but is not confirmed, I pray she is found. If it is not her, then I hope it provides answers for someone's loved ones at least, as someone stated above.

Jmo.
“Not suspicious” can also encompass things like medical and teaching aids and, regrettably, ‘trophies’ from indigenous burial sites. If they opened the suitcase and found a completely articulated skeleton from a medical supply house they would likely qualify it as not suspicious.

The remains were not of a baby, but police declined to reveal any additional details about the race, gender or approximate age of the victim.

While police were short on those basic details, they said Monday's find does not appear to have any connections with the local case of Najah Ferrell — a missing mother of five, according to WTHR, an Indianapolis NBC affiliate.

Police and the Marion County coroner are still seeking to identify the remains and determine the cause of death.

Body discovered inside suitcase in Indianapolis, sparking investigation

Thread for the UID: IN - IN - Indianapolis, Human Remains in Suitcase, Bean Creek, May 2019

This body was identified as Larry Terry: Remains found in suitcase ID'd as man reported missing in March

Frustrating, isn't it? I suspect she is somewhere between Indianapolis and where the foot was found in Crown Point.

It is frustrating. I mean they have found things of hers and then her foot. One would think there would be something to go on there. Also very little shared about her life or who one should be looking for, etc.

I also would think they have to have some camera footage, maybe not perfect footage but some.

I remember it being said right from the start what a priority this was going to be and yet not a PC or anything in months.

Jmo.

I would think there’d be camera footage as well, though perhaps it’s too grainy to tell very much. I hope they at least have an idea of how the car got there. Did she drive it there, then leave in another vehicle...or did someone else park the car?

I can’t get past the foot. It’s really fortuitous that it was found at all. I just can’t see a random carjacker or even a serial killer taking the time and effort to remove her foot. I’d think there’s lots of places to hide a body, so why bother with the tattooed foot? That smacks of someone familiar with her. I’ve had a stalker (thankfully just 4 months {of sheer terror and hades}), and man, they can learn a ton about you in a short time period. A stalker would know about the tattoo. I’d just met my neighbor - my stalker - when I moved in, and he began stalking me that very day. So, it wouldn’t even have to be someone she knew. Then, it could be family/friend. The foot thing just seems like such a specific thing to do. I don’t know. I’m just trying to think out loud. I feel so very terribly for her family and friends. I hope they at least solve who killed her, and give her justice. I believe they are working very diligently to do just that, despite the lack of further info. They mentioned the FBI being involved. Let’s hope they can enhance any video of her or her assailant(s).

This is all jmo.

I would think there’d be camera footage as well, though perhaps it’s too grainy to tell very much. I hope they at least have an idea of how the car got there. Did she drive it there, then leave in another vehicle...or did someone else park the car?

I can’t get past the foot. It’s really fortuitous that it was found at all. I just can’t see a random carjacker or even a serial killer taking the time and effort to remove her foot. I’d think there’s lots of places to hide a body, so why bother with the tattooed foot? That smacks of someone familiar with her. I’ve had a stalker (thankfully just 4 months {of sheer terror and hades}), and man, they can learn a ton about you in a short time period. A stalker would know about the tattoo. I’d just met my neighbor - my stalker - when I moved in, and he began stalking me that very day. So, it wouldn’t even have to be someone she knew. Then, it could be family/friend. The foot thing just seems like such a specific thing to do. I don’t know. I’m just trying to think out loud. I feel so very terribly for her family and friends. I hope they at least solve who killed her, and give her justice. I believe they are working very diligently to do just that, despite the lack of further info. They mentioned the FBI being involved. Let’s hope they can enhance any video of her or her assailant(s).

This is all jmo.

I agree. I think too there has to be some video but it may not be perfect video. Like you said about a stalker (I am sorry you went through such a thing), when one encounters someone like that, it can be instant, they do not need to know you. She had just started a new job and who knows...?

The foot bothers me. The odds of it even being found and then specifically a part with her name on it? I have even wondered if it is a life insurance thing? It does not seem likely again, with her just starting a new job, that she would have much for life insurance but it would be a way of ensuring or hoping someone was declared dead without having the body found which may lead to the perpetrator and he does not want to risk that? Just thoughts. As you said, it is so oddly specific.

I have seen more than a few cases lately where LE pretty much declares someone dead without telling the public why they think that with no body. If I remember correctly did they not do that here? I do not like to be graphic but we do know a person can survive without a foot, people survive without legs. My point is they must know something that we do not.

I do not check on this case every day because it has been stagnant but I do and will continue to check. I can't believe they are not onto anyone as of yet. They probably are and perhaps just do not feel they have enough yet to charge?

Just talking out loud and all jmo as well.

Another month gone by almost without a word. I remember being so impressed at the beginning of this case with I think it was the Sheriff or Police Chief who made it clear they were going to be on it, keep people informed, he was side by side with her mother if I recall, etc.

Here we are months later and not a peep. Six months almost since she disappeared.

Anyhow, bumping for Najah.

sometimes i feel like i just follow chili around on these threads with nothing new, thanks for bumping them, it's nice that you do that

Me, too. I always think a bump is a new development until I get here.

As a side note, I was going to contact Paris Lewbel recently, only to find he left Indy to take a new job in Illinois. Quite a loss for us...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back