Deceased/Not Found IN - Najah Ferrell, 30, Avon, Hendricks County, 15 March 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Next month marks five years since Najah Ferrell's disappearance. Five Years.

I just finished watching the episode of this case on Discovery+, entitled "Somebody Knows Something" (Still A Mystery, S3 E10). Here are some key takeaways from the episode that I haven't seen discussed here and a quick summary of events :

• Najah canceled her engagement with her fiance (boyfriend of 10 years.) late in 2018.
    • Najah and her ex-fiance agree to continue living together until Najah can secure alternative housing.
  • Najah was excited about her new job at Panera due to having a preferable work schedule.
  • Najah's mother, Paula Gholson, confirmed that she had spoken to Najah over the phone late the night before Najah went missing (March 14th)
  • Camera footage shows Najah's vehicle exiting her apartment complex at 3:15 am the day went missing. (March 15th) We cannot confirm who was in the vehicle.
  • At 5:05 am, surveillance video of the parking lot where Najah's vehicle was ultimately located shows that 'an adult male' parked Najah's vehicle, then entered another vehicle that was following behind.
    • This part is important because it lends credibility to an accomplice.
  • No evidence whatsoever was found in Najah's vehicle.
  • (not super important to the details of the case, but something I found interesting) Paula identified the foot of her daughter through a photograph that the detective showed her. I get the impression that she has not seen the foot in person imo.
  • As per the episode, Paula Gholson (Najah's Mother) is raising Najah's two biological children, and the three foster children were returned to the foster system.

Interestingly, I don't believe that I have seen/heard any mention of the personal belongings strewn across the side of I65 in the episode.

Further, while many people close to Najah were interviewed for this episode, the ex-fiance was not. I'm not sure if that was his choice, or on Discovery's part, but I can hardly imagine a scenario in which Discovery would not want to interview someone so pertinent to the investigation.

Next month marks five years since Najah Ferrell's disappearance. Five Years.

I just finished watching the episode of this case on Discovery+, entitled "Somebody Knows Something" (Still A Mystery, S3 E10). Here are some key takeaways from the episode that I haven't seen discussed here and a quick summary of events :

• Najah canceled her engagement with her fiance (boyfriend of 10 years.) late in 2018.
    • Najah and her ex-fiance agree to continue living together until Najah can secure alternative housing.
  • Najah was excited about her new job at Panera due to having a preferable work schedule.
  • Najah's mother, Paula Gholson, confirmed that she had spoken to Najah over the phone late the night before Najah went missing (March 14th)
  • Camera footage shows Najah's vehicle exiting her apartment complex at 3:15 am the day went missing. (March 15th) We cannot confirm who was in the vehicle.
  • At 5:05 am, surveillance video of the parking lot where Najah's vehicle was ultimately located shows that 'an adult male' parked Najah's vehicle, then entered another vehicle that was following behind.
    • This part is important because it lends credibility to an accomplice.
  • No evidence whatsoever was found in Najah's vehicle.
  • (not super important to the details of the case, but something I found interesting) Paula identified the foot of her daughter through a photograph that the detective showed her. I get the impression that she has not seen the foot in person imo.
  • As per the episode, Paula Gholson (Najah's Mother) is raising Najah's two biological children, and the three foster children were returned to the foster system.

Interestingly, I don't believe that I have seen/heard any mention of the personal belongings strewn across the side of I65 in the episode.

Further, while many people close to Najah were interviewed for this episode, the ex-fiance was not. I'm not sure if that was his choice, or on Discovery's part, but I can hardly imagine a scenario in which Discovery would not want to interview someone so pertinent to the investigation.
Thanks for the update. The possibility of an accomplice is interesting.

MAR 15, 2024
[...]

"I would never want a family to experience anything like this and especially the way that we have," said Gholson, who explained at the time of her daughter's disappearance, Ferrell was living with her fiancé, but had recently called off the engagement.

After Ferrell went missing, Gholson said the fiancé told her that Ferrell had texted him that same morning after she left for work.

Gholson questions if her daughter even left the house that day.

"The children still saw her work shoes at the house. They saw her coat that was there," Gholson said.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back