Deceased/Not Found IN - Najah Ferrell, 30, Avon, Hendricks County, 15 March 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
sometimes i feel like i just follow chili around on these threads with nothing new, thanks for bumping them, it's nice that you do that

Lol. I hate to get people excited that it is a development but also do not want the cases to die/victims be forgotten/justice not be served/remains not found.

Once in a blue moon it is a development but rarely, sorry. If you see my name, it is most likely a bump if it is a quiet case.

I was hoping for some news, too.

There was this little tidbit in another article:
"There’s a critical piece of information that we know is out there," Avon Police's Deputy Chief Investigations Division Brian Nugent said.

"It was something that was done because they don’t want to be found out. They have made great efforts and strides not to be found out or be revealed," Najah's mom Paula Gholson said.

Avon mom fights back tears 8 months into her daughter’s disappearance; police continue to investigate

NOV 26, 2019
Family of missing Avon mom, Najah Ferrell, speaks publicly
… police say there have been no major developments in the case.

Mom of woman who disappeared: ‘It’s like I lost a friend’
[…]

The family of Najah Ferrell, 30, continues to tell her story in the hopes someone can provide even the tiniest bit of information. ...

Ferrell’s family said Tuesday her disappearance is hitting them pretty hard during the holiday season. They say they wish the doors would open up and Ferrell would come back into their lives. Avon police invited the news media to interview Ferrell’s mom.

“She was a great friend,” said Paula Gohlson. “I was her mother, but it’s like I lost a friend. Because I could depend on her. If I needed something, I could call her. Like, now, sometimes I’m driving along, or if I’m in church, and I look at my phone like I’m going to text her and I remember that I can’t.”

[…]

“It’s hard not to be able to talk to her every day, FaceTime her and make sure that she’s OK and see how her day is doing,” said Crystal Royal, a friend of Ferrell. “It’s very hard.”

[…]

“Seven months ago, we needed answers,” Royal said. “It’s, like, very imperative that we get these answers.”

“I’m going to do whatever it takes to find something,” Gohlson said. “What happened to let them know that I’m working toward finding out what happened. We’re going to do what we can and have not stopped and I will not stop. If I have to make it my life’s mission, I will.”

NOV 27, 2019
Najah Ferrell 's mom speaks publicly, demands justice

So sad to see her family still searching for her remains, and answers.

I always forget this thread is mislabeled as "found deceased," and get a little excited (for lack of a better work) that she's been located when there is new activity on the thread. Don't they usually have a label that says "deceased / not found"? I mean, they assume she is deceased because her foot was found, but the rest of her has never been located.

From the article PommyMommy posted (Mom of woman who disappeared: ‘It’s like I lost a friend’): "It’s been seven months since anything developed in Ferrell’s disappearance. In April, her foot was found, but nothing else, leaving her family with so many unanswered questions. Foul play is suspected in Ferrell’s death, police have said."

It’s been more than a year since the Avon mother of two disappeared on March 15, 2019.
Najah Ferrell case featured on true crime podcast hosted by retired ISP detective
I live in Indiana and Najah's case is always on my mind. First time I have heard that her foot was cut off after death. Now to listen to the podcast.

"Then a month later, men fishing in a retention pond in Crown Point, more than 100 miles north of Avon, found Najah’s severed foot. Tests revealed it had been cut, after she died.

“This is a different kind of monster,” said retired Indiana State Police detective, now true crime podcast host, Todd McComas.

Najah’s case caught McComa’s attention and he featured it on his podcast “10-41” this week, speaking with Avon Police Department’s Deputy Chief Brian Nugent.

OCT 18, 2020
Family comes together to celebrate birthday of missing Avon mother | Fox 59
It’s been 19 months since Najah Ferrell went missing from Avon. Police ruled her case a death investigation after finding partial remains in Crown Point.

Police nor her family knows exactly what happened to her. Ferrell would’ve turned 32 this week, so her family came together to celebrate her birthday.

[...]

“We are using every single resource as possible, whether or not you characterize that as a homicide investigation or death investigation,” said Avon Police Department Chief Investigations Deputy Brian Nugent.

[...]

“Our heart is still with this family, and it’s also where our commitment is to clear this case,” Deputy Nugent said.

[...]

Najah can’t blow out candles and make a wish, but her family can.

As they released balloons into the sky, they made a wish for her that justice is served.

Anyone with information on Najah’s case should call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-TIPS.

Case of murdered Avon mother to be featured on Discovery Plus show | wthr.com
Avon police still don’t have any suspects in the case but are about to start working with cold case investigators from other Indiana agencies.

“I know somebody knows something,” said Gholson. That's what she told producers of "Still a Mystery" when they interviewed her earlier this year.

df9eda9a-9188-4617-a4f1-902a8d92e1d3_16x9.jpg
df9eda9a-9188-4617-a4f1-902a8d92e1d3_1140x641.jpg

Najah Ferrell (Family photo)
Now, Najah’s case is set to be featured on the show’s new season on the Discovery Plus, a streaming channel. The episode is called, “Somebody Knows Something.”

“Whatever I can do in helping Najah’s case, it will help other cases too, as well, if we keep information out there for people that are missing,” said Gholson, who said she doesn’t know when she’ll watch it.

Raising Najah’s two sons, Thomas, 14 and Kadin, 8, keeps her busy.

MAY 5, 2021
Family, investigators still searching for answers on missing Avon mother 26 months later | Fox 59
[...]

Snow (former IMPD Homicide Commander) believes there could be more evidence out there, and whoever is responsible could have been headed north on I-65.

“I wouldn’t think this is the only pond they dropped things in,” said Snow.

Two years later, he is adamant there’s still more to be done.

“I would put fresh eyes on it. I would put out to have officers check with their informants. You’d be surprised how often murderers want to brag about their crimes,” said Snow.

[...]

JUN 8, 2021
Uncovered: Indianapolis women search for answers to cold cases | wthr.com
Two Indianapolis women have joined a team to help push information about cold cases involving missing and murdered victims.

Ashlee Fujawa and Anna Eaglin are co-founders of the interactive website "UNCOVERED." The pair is inviting the public to be part of an online version called Uncovered.com.

[...]

The two friends, who met in college, have now made this their new mission in life. They are part of the team running a new website to help put some heat on cold cases.

[...]

Not only does 'Uncovered" highlight high-profile cases like the disappearance of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer and the murders of friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German in Delphi, but also the cold cases that eventually stop making headlines.

"We are filling in all those gaps with crowdsourced information with the notion that there are so many answers to be uncovered and so many people need to know what happened," Fujawa said.

That includes what happened to Najah Farrell of Avon after part of her remains surfaced in Crown Point, Indiana.

[...]

upload_2022-3-15_9-6-36.jpegHer foot was later found on April 7, 2019, in a pond in Crown Point. It was after this discovery police said the case transitioned into a death investigation.

In November 2018, her family spoke with WRTV. Her mother, Paula Gholson, said the circumstances around the case aren't normal.

"That is not normal to take somebody's life that was not involved in anything illegal, living a life of chance and haphazardly, no this was a mother," Gholson said.

The case is still under investigation by the Avon Police Department, Indiana State Police and the FBI.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-TIPS (8477).

PREVIOUS | Missing Avon mother's belongings found along I-465, vehicle found in Indy | Avon mother who went missing on her way to work hasn't been seen in two weeks | Police transition case of missing Avon woman to death investigation | Avon mother's disappearance remains death investigation after foot found in northern Indiana pond | Human remains found in northern Indiana pond may be from missing Avon mother | Prayer service to be held Sunday for missing Avon woman | Avon PD confirms human remains found in pond to be that of Najah Ferrell, missing Avon mother | Crews search pond on Indy's west side in connection to missing Avon woman Najah Ferrell | Family of missing Avon mom, Najah Ferrell, speaks publicly

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...ice-are-still-investigating-three-years-later

MAR 15, 2023
Wednesday marks four years since the disappearance of Najah Ferrell in Avon.

[...]

The case is still under investigation by the Avon Police Department, Indiana State Police and the FBI.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-TIPS (8477).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back