IN - New Albany: Mother, two children found dead in creek

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This has the audio from the 911 call. The man calling says the adult female body looks "beat up and cut".

Warning: the call is disturbing. (At least it was to me.)

http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news...ins/-/9718538/19382090/-/nn2jsdz/-/index.html

From page 3 of the article

Police are calling the incident a homicide case, but murder-suicide hasn't been ruled out.

ETA this goes directly to the audio of the 911 call. Note that the first call about the mannequins isn't included. It goes directly to the 2nd call. Parts of the 1st call are played in the video with the article above.

http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news...reek/-/9718538/19381904/-/54r1cg/-/index.html

It sounds like he's reminding everyone of his alibi to me. Remember the "I was at work" alibi by Mr. Cummings?

My opinion only

I think that's the major point in looking at what he is saying. That always throws up a red flag for me. And, I don't believe in exact science anyway. Science give you facts, facts are interpreted in the context of the crime and of lab procedures (which is actually technology not science), etc. It's the sum of the evidence, circumstantial and physical, that leads to a suspect.

Where does the father work? I don't recall seeing it mentioned anywhere. They moved back to Indiana to be closer to the church and because he found a job. If his job is his alibi I find it surprising that we haven't heard anything about it yet. I might have just missed it.

Family, friends prepare to lay mother, children to rest

http://thedailyworld.com/sections/news/local/family-friends-prepare-lay-mother-children-rest.html

.........“As soon as that gets concrete, I think we’ll probably do a memorial over here,” Pink told The Daily World. His daughter and grandchildren lived in Aberdeen all their lives, he said, connected to a large group of extended family and friends.......

“They [LE] are working on some things, and it’s a whole lot more involved than what we thought and they thought. I guess I’m glad to hear there are some things they’re working on,” Pink said.............

The Clutters lived in Aberdeen for about a decade, moving from Indiana, where Mike Clutter has family. They spent the first three years of their marriage in Indiana and Brandon was born there............

“She’s always been a very involved person, and of course at home with the family. She homeschooled Brandon, and they had dedicated one whole room of the house just for his school room. It was just packed with everything. She made a huge investment in his education, and he was just sharp as a tack. Homeschooling doesn’t work out for everyone, but she made it work,” he said.

The last few months of her pregnancy with Katelyn, Jaime Clutter was on bed rest, so the Pinks had Brandon with them for much of last summer, traveling to Disneyland and enjoying quality time.

“We had a great summer together, and then of course they were here for the holidays,” he said. The Clutters’ furniture went to Indiana before they did, so they moved in with the Pinks for a few weeks.

“That was a lot of fun. We have a lot of great memories,” Pink said.

More at link......

http://www.tribtown.com/view/story/eb77e2c7b59843c7bc6eb9aeb3c49051/IN--Indiana-Creek-Bodies
NEW ALBANY, Indiana — A man who called 911 after finding the nude bodies of a woman and her two children in a southern Indiana creek told dispatchers the woman's body appeared battered.

This article appeared in our local newspaper today. I didn't see it listed, so I hope it's okay to quote/link it.

Yes, absolutely okay to link it here! Thank you.

...and welcome to Websleuths, Houndmom!

:wagon:

Family, friends prepare to lay mother, children to rest

http://thedailyworld.com/sections/news/local/family-friends-prepare-lay-mother-children-rest.html

.........“As soon as that gets concrete, I think we’ll probably do a memorial over here,” Pink told The Daily World. His daughter and grandchildren lived in Aberdeen all their lives, he said, connected to a large group of extended family and friends.......

“They [LE] are working on some things, and it’s a whole lot more involved than what we thought and they thought. I guess I’m glad to hear there are some things they’re working on,” Pink said.............

The Clutters lived in Aberdeen for about a decade, moving from Indiana, where Mike Clutter has family. They spent the first three years of their marriage in Indiana and Brandon was born there............

“She’s always been a very involved person, and of course at home with the family. She homeschooled Brandon, and they had dedicated one whole room of the house just for his school room. It was just packed with everything. She made a huge investment in his education, and he was just sharp as a tack. Homeschooling doesn’t work out for everyone, but she made it work,” he said.

The last few months of her pregnancy with Katelyn, Jaime Clutter was on bed rest, so the Pinks had Brandon with them for much of last summer, traveling to Disneyland and enjoying quality time.

“We had a great summer together, and then of course they were here for the holidays,” he said. The Clutters’ furniture went to Indiana before they did, so they moved in with the Pinks for a few weeks.

“That was a lot of fun. We have a lot of great memories,” Pink said.

More at link......

This is really sad. I hope they are able to bring them back home to Washington. It looks like she had wonderful parents. I'm sure it was really hard to leave them and move to Indiana. I wonder how the Clutter's met? I thought I read it was some kind of singles gathering or something but they lived so far apart.

From the little I can see online, it seems like the church she grew up in may have been a bit different from the one she was currently attending. Plus, her father was a pastor there. I can see how the move could have been difficult for the mother.

Also video of area and bridge in the link above. I think a car could have pulled right up to the area.

Very bizarre case. I found another article with videos of the kids and interview with dad. I know everyone acts differently but IMO there is just no emotion in his voice.

http://www.whas11.com/news/indiana/Clutter-Family-198842321.html

To me he seems like he is a daze or still in shock. Could he be shocked because he can't believe he killed her or that she killed the kids and herself? Hopefully they will have answers soon. Anything is possible.

Interesting about the bridge, I thought the same thing when I saw it.

In the 911 call I noticed at 01.00 the caller's wife says "she's beaten and bloody" in the background. The caller says "the woman looked beat up and cut".

http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news...reek/-/9718538/19381904/-/54r1cg/-/index.html

Okay if she went there under her own power and her car was still at the apartment complex, why would she have taken the baby in the car seat? There have been no reports that a stroller was found. A car seat (if that's what it is) would be in a car that was used to take them to the creek. I think they were dead when they left the house. Who has a car seat? Someone with a baby. The average random murderer doesn't haul a car seat around.

Okay if she went there under her own power and her car was still at the apartment complex, why would she have taken the baby in the car seat? There have been no reports that a stroller was found. A car seat (if that's what it is) would be in a car that was used to take them to the creek. I think they were dead when they left the house. Who has a car seat? Someone with a baby. The average random murderer doesn't haul a car seat around.

It wasn't a car seat, it was a baby harness, the kind you strap the baby to yourself in to carry them.

Scroll down to the picture of Jaime holding the baby. It says

Jaime Clutter, holding Katelyn Clutter. The harness found near the creek is hanging in the background.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...al-Saturday-mom-2-kids-found-New-Albany-creek

^^^^Okay, I was going by the information given in the news report with the 911 call. Evidently they gave incorrect information.

It wasn't a car seat, it was a baby harness, the kind you strap the baby to yourself in to carry them.

Scroll down to the picture of Jaime holding the baby. It says

Jaime Clutter, holding Katelyn Clutter. The harness found near the creek is hanging in the background.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...al-Saturday-mom-2-kids-found-New-Albany-creek

Here's the photo that The Cheese referred to:

bilde

Okay, now Im a little more freaked out....I didn't know about this case before...but it states drugs clearly, etc.. so I think a totally different area of what happened here. My kids and I drove by Binford yesterday...it felt VERY eerie. There are sidewalks all the way down to the park. You can see a portion of the creek from road...I just felt sick to my stomach. Of course, not a soul in the park...cold still here but sun is out. I honestly cant imagine anyone going to that park for a long, long time. On another note, right at the corner of Greybrook and Daisy Lane which is the main intersection there is a liquor store. For the last couple days at random times, I have seen police sitting in their cars. Just sitting. This is new...so perhaps looking for any odd behavior or people walking around. One thing I did notice yesterday on my way home from work is there is a bus stop a few blocks up on Greybrook (street the park is off of) and there was a man (kinda shady looking if you ask me, appearance of perhaps homeless, dirty, had all black on, hoodie, older guy, he was standing at the bus stop pacing and crying. I had to wait for a car to turn into the neighborhood there on right so it was about a 5-7 second moment of weirdness. It could be anything...who knows...but of course my eyes are focused in on anything weird considering this is my neighborhood. I know someone who went thru PPD and it was bad. However, I'm not familiar with psychosis...I just wish I (we) all had more answers. I wonder how that visitation is going to go tomorrow...if locals who are touched by this case will show up or if private only to family...then again...its held at the "church" so I assume the "church family"

Where does the father work? I don't recall seeing it mentioned anywhere. They moved back to Indiana to be closer to the church and because he found a job. If his job is his alibi I find it surprising that we haven't heard anything about it yet. I might have just missed it.

From previous articles he now works at a printing company, 12 hour shifts...on the day this happened he stated he left for work around 4:30AM and the family was fine then. LE has not said specifically what they verified with the company but have said the father was not there during the incident at the park. I haven't seen the name of the company as yet unless I missed it...they moved back for this job since he had been unemployed for a couple of years...also stated moved back for the new church and to be near his family (most of last statement from the pastor).

This is really sad. I hope they are able to bring them back home to Washington. It looks like she had wonderful parents. I'm sure it was really hard to leave them and move to Indiana. I wonder how the Clutter's met? I thought I read it was some kind of singles gathering or something but they lived so far apart.

From the little I can see online, it seems like the church she grew up in may have been a bit different from the one she was currently attending. Plus, her father was a pastor there. I can see how the move could have been difficult for the mother.

That's what I read also...they met at a gathering at her father's church in Aberdeen. Clutter came up there to work at a shipyard.

From previous articles he now works at a printing company, 12 hour shifts...on the day this happened he stated he left for work around 4:30AM and the family was fine then. LE has not said specifically what they verified with the company but have said the father was not there during the incident at the park. I haven't seen the name of the company as yet unless I missed it...they moved back for this job since he had been unemployed for a couple of years...also stated moved back for the new church and to be near his family (most of last statement from the pastor).

That's what I read also...they met at a gathering at her father's church in Aberdeen. Clutter came up there to work at a shipyard.

In the article I read it said he worked at Westport Shipyard.

Mike Clutter found a job at Westport Shipyard, and the Pinks helped them find a house, paint it and prepare it for their young family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelsNumbers
Back