IN - New Albany: Mother, two children found dead in creek

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well said... and, why take their clothes off? They would have to have been alive, I think, before going in the water or there wouldn't be water in their lungs?

They could have been drowned at home and dumped in creek, there was a road right up to the spot, iirc someone mentioned . Isn't that a possible scenario ?

What ever happened with analysis of water in lungs? Was it proven to be from teh creek?

I wonder if dad got his security deposit back like he asked. Ugh. I have a feeling he's just going to move on and wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's married again within a year.

I don't think he was having an affair, I just think that his marriage and/or family wasn't meeting all his requirements.

I respectfully think it's a HUGE leap to say someone is 'moving on' when they leave the apartment where he lived with his now-deceased wife and children. A) too many memories and B) probably 2 more bedrooms than he now needs.

And the security deposit?? If I'm a one-income family, coming off a long stretch of unemployment, suddenly faced with paying for not one but THREE funerals- I'm thinking "Where could I come up with some money?". I would absolutely ask for my deposit back under those circumstances. And sell jewelry, and a lot more than that. He's most likely living with another family while recovering from this tragedy.

I do not know any more than what any of us know here, but it seems to me that people are awfully harsh on this guy. MOO and all that jazz.

I respectfully think it's a HUGE leap to say someone is 'moving on' when they leave the apartment where he lived with his now-deceased wife and children. A) too many memories and B) probably 2 more bedrooms than he now needs.

And the security deposit?? If I'm a one-income family, coming off a long stretch of unemployment, suddenly faced with paying for not one but THREE funerals- I'm thinking "Where could I come up with some money?". I would absolutely ask for my deposit back under those circumstances. And sell jewelry, and a lot more than that. He's most likely living with another family while recovering from this tragedy.

I do not know any more than what any of us know here, but it seems to me that people are awfully harsh on this guy. MOO and all that jazz.

If I'm not mistaken, weren't the funerals donated to the father? Please correct me if that is wrong.

These are certainly plausible explanations for those actions, but I don't think anyone has been intentionally 'harsh' on the father, we are just asking questions about some things that don't seem normal for either the mother or father. For myself, I just can't reconcile this:

picture.php

to this:

picture.php

without a better explanation than we have right now......as I said above IF the mother did commit suicide/murder it would certainly be very, very against all her previous behavior...IMO

If I'm not mistaken, weren't the funerals donated to the father? Please correct me if that is wrong.

These are certainly plausible explanations for those actions, but I don't think anyone has been intentionally 'harsh' on the father, we are just asking questions about some things that don't seem normal for either the mother or father. For myself, I just can't reconcile this:

picture.php

to this:

picture.php

without a better explanation than we have right now......as I said above IF the mother did commit suicide/murder it would certainly be very, very against all her previous behavior...IMO

BBM: Disclaimer: I don't know if this woman DID kill herself and her children or not - just to be clear. However, a successful suicide is ALWAYS 'against previous behavior' as you can only successfully kill yourself once.

Again, I'm just playing devil's advocate. But if it looks like a duck.........

I don't find the father moving, if he did, to be hinky. I experienced a traumatic event when I was young and renting and I was never able to return to the home. So this particular fact isn't one on my list of suspicion.

For those that are frustrated, please try and be patient before jumping to conclusions on how they will determine the COD. Tox can take a long time. Also, if the investigation is ongoing they are really not going to say much to tip anyone off. I am going to try and stay positive and calm and wait for them to release COD. If it doesn't sound right when they do, then I will go from there.

BBM: Disclaimer: I don't know if this woman DID kill herself and her children or not - just to be clear. However, a successful suicide is ALWAYS 'against previous behavior' as you can only successfully kill yourself once.

Again, I'm just playing devil's advocate. But if it looks like a duck.........

Understand what you mean and all opinions are welcome....there are usually warnings and signs that someone is susceptible to suicide or thinking about it. Did Jaime have this background or exhibit any of these signs? I don't know for sure of course but no one has mentioned any so far. I wish we could hear more from her family.

http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/depression-recognizing-signs-of-suicide

Adverse or traumatic life events in combination with other risk factors, such as clinical depression, may lead to suicide. But suicide and suicidal behavior are never normal responses to stress.

Other risk factors for suicide include:
One or more prior suicide attempts
Family history of mental disorder or substance abuse
Family history of suicide
Family violence
Physical or sexual abuse
Keeping firearms in the home
Chronic physical illness, including chronic pain
Incarceration
Exposure to the suicidal behavior of others

More at link.....

A little new information:

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130404/NEWS/130409762

.........Whitlow said New Albany police have interviewed several local people, but need to speak with people in Washington state............

Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson said he wouldn't rule out the possibility of a murder-suicide, but Michael Clutter has maintained his wife was not depressed and would never kill their children or herself.

Michael Clutter's mother, Rosemary Valentine of Portland, Ind., told The Associated Press on Thursday that investigators continue to phone her son with theories.

"They come up with so many different stories every time they call him, except for the coroner down there," she said.

Neither Whitlow nor Greater Faith Church pastor J. Todd Nichols, who has been the family's spokesman, returned phone calls seeking comment Thursday.

Appears Michael Clutter is encouraging further investigation - not the sort of thing one would do, one would think, if one were involved in the crime.

just coming to post that Wfgodot. I agree. If the father was somehow involved, you would think he would be highlighting all sorts of questionable behavior of his wife that would illustrate her depression, a change in her demeanor, anything to further sell LE on the idea it was murder suicide.

His seeming unwillingness to accept that as the answer and his pressing for continued investigation would not seem to go along with the theory that he himself was responsible for all the deaths.

I figured at least one person would say what you've said. MOO, if I lost my wife and children in one fell swoop, the last thing I'd worry about is my security deposit. I am positive the funerals were donated and not paid for by him. I am basing my opinion on one of the early interviews where he is talking about wondering what he'll do "next". Next.....

The security deposit thing is a rumor, right? Hasn't been in MSM? Just trying to keep track of the facts. Thanks in advance

A little new information:

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130404/NEWS/130409762

.........Whitlow said New Albany police have interviewed several local people, but need to speak with people in Washington state............

Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson said he wouldn't rule out the possibility of a murder-suicide, but Michael Clutter has maintained his wife was not depressed and would never kill their children or herself.

Michael Clutter's mother, Rosemary Valentine of Portland, Ind., told The Associated Press on Thursday that investigators continue to phone her son with theories.

"They come up with so many different stories every time they call him, except for the coroner down there," she said.

Neither Whitlow nor Greater Faith Church pastor J. Todd Nichols, who has been the family's spokesman, returned phone calls seeking comment Thursday.

RE: BBM

I wonder who LE wants to speak with in Washington state.

I wonder what kind of theories LE is giving MC. (How many could there be?)

And now, the spokesman for the family is no longer speaking?

The questions in my head are multiplying.

The security deposit thing is a rumor, right? Hasn't been in MSM? Just trying to keep track of the facts. Thanks in advance

Post #408 is the security deposit post - it did not come from MSM and is a RUMOR.

^^^^okay, yes we can see that, thanks for making the font so big and in red it helps so much. The guy gives off a vibe of...well... There was someone many many posts ago who stated what I'm thinking.

I think she was a fine wife and mother. I don't think the marriage suited him.

Calling with theories seems like a flag of some kind to me, but who knows.

Very true.

But then I find it quite fishy that Dylan Redwine's father has offered up a dozen possibilities as to what may have happened to Dylan, some making Dylan out to be a dunderhead, i.e fell in a lake, loves to talk to strangers, may have wandered down to the camp (where an RSO lives) etc...just odd stuff to me.

So the investigators are giving Michael lots of different theories and stories, but the coroner isn't.

That is interesting. With Michael being so adamant that it wasn't a murder/suicide, and obviously being in so much grief and pain (to me), I wonder if he might be hearing what he wants to hear. For example, a compassionate officer saying "Well maybe it wasn't murder/suicide, Mr Clutter. Maybe this other thing happened. Let's just wait for the coroner's final ruling." Then Michael calls the coroner who says, "I'm sorry, Mr. Clutter, but I'm really not expecting the tox reports to tell us anything different than I've already told you."

Just some thoughts. :twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itzAMANDAyo
Back