IN - New Albany: Mother, two children found dead in creek

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They weren't cremated.

http://www.whas11.com/news/Communit...hree-New-Albany-family-members-199723931.html

I don't know if the Pink's were able to make it to her funeral or not. It was never mentioned in MSM and it may be they just didn't want any media attention. If they weren't able to make it I find it very sad or wonder if there was a reason why they didn't come. I was really hoping that the family would be returned to Washington for burial. It is VERY expensive to do this though and MC being husband and father, would probably have control over this.

thank u...i know that some people do creamate & then bury the ashes in a casket. MY husband was.

don't know why her parents would not come, unless it were financial...airline tickets to fly out within a week are usually upwards of $1000 per.... the church website said they were trying to raise $$ for pastor Pink & wife...why else if not for airfare. somethings can be deduced....IMO!!!IMO!!!

Do you have a link that says Jaime's parents did not go to the funeral? Thank you.

when my husband was murdered in LA & I was in FL. there were NO berevment discounts....they need death cert. proof. tickets were & $1,100 per, in 1999!!!!

I received a 50% discount in July of 1999 flying from WA to CA and didn't need to supply the death certificate until boarding for the return flight. I am sure it's still the same. And that was for a cousin- not a spouse or parent.

I received a 50% discount in July of 1999 flying from WA to CA and didn't need to supply the death certificate until boarding for the return flight. I am sure it's still the same. And that was for a cousin- not a spouse or parent.

When my grandmother passed in 2010 I got a $50 discount but could only make the reservation over the phone and they charged me $25 for a phone reservation. I also had to supply the death certificate upon return.

When my grandmother passed in 2010 I got a $50 discount but could only make the reservation over the phone and they charged me $25 for a phone reservation. I also had to supply the death certificate upon return.

How terrible! I guess things have changed or it depends on the airline. I still think the parents would have been there unless there was a health issue or something similar. So sad for that entire family.

How terrible! I guess things have changed or it depends on the airline. I still think the parents would have been there unless there was a health issue or something similar. So sad for that entire family.

Is there a link saying they weren't there? Thanks

We really do need some type of link stating that her parents did not attend the funeral. Otherwise it's rumor and speculation. There is nothing in MSM so far, to indicate that they were not present. If it were me in that situation, I would not want to feed the media at my families funeral and would be upset that the media showed up at a time of grief.

There was a man helping to carry the casket that I thought resembled her father. Of course that's just speculation on my part as well.

I don't mean to offend anyone by what I've said. It's just part of what keeps WS's on track and for a good reason.

eta: I hit enter too soon. There is a difference when something is stated as opinion and fact. If opinion is misconstrued as fact then a thread can go way off track. It can be very confusing as well for someone that joins in the thread and hasn't kept up from the beginning. If something is going to be stated as fact then a link needs to be provided to back that up.

We do not have anything at this time, that indicates her parents were or were not in attendance at the funeral.

They weren't cremated.

http://www.whas11.com/news/Communit...hree-New-Albany-family-members-199723931.html

I don't know if the Pink's were able to make it to her funeral or not. It was never mentioned in MSM and it may be they just didn't want any media attention. If they weren't able to make it I find it very sad or wonder if there was a reason why they didn't come. I was really hoping that the family would be returned to Washington for burial. It is VERY expensive to do this though and MC being husband and father, would probably have control over this.

Carrie Pink, JC's mom, looks EXACTLY like her! so you don't think that while news media was covering funeral & MC giving interview, that anyone would get a shot of her mom? and no, Bill Pink was not carrying casket...his picture is on their church website too....this is all getting too far-fetched & embittered for me. good luck.

We really do need some type of link stating that her parents did not attend the funeral. Otherwise it's rumor and speculation. There is nothing in MSM so far, to indicate that they were not present. If it were me in that situation, I would not want to feed the media at my families funeral and would be upset that the media showed up at a time of grief.

There was a man helping to carry the casket that I thought resembled her father. Of course that's just speculation on my part as well.

I don't mean to offend anyone by what I've said. It's just part of what keeps WS's on track and for a good reason.

eta: I hit enter too soon. There is a difference when something is stated as opinion and fact. If opinion is misconstrued as fact then a thread can go way off track. It can be very confusing as well for someone that joins in the thread and hasn't kept up from the beginning. If something is going to be stated as fact then a link needs to be provided to back that up.

We do not have anything at this time, that indicates her parents were or were not in attendance at the funeral.

Yes, something stating that Jaimie's parents didn't attend would be helpful.

I have simply been "assuming" her parents didn't attend primarily because the media interviewed MC at the funeral and I thought there would likely be a photo published (if not an interview with them) IF they attended... I haven't seen either of these things (but that doesn't mean they aren't out there). I really agree with althea... someone from the media would WANT to get a photo of her parents.

This article states her parents had intentions to attend AND mentions cost of bringing the family to Washington state for burial.

"Jaime Clutter’s father, Bill Pink, said earlier this week that he and her mother would likely attend an Indiana funeral service tentatively set for Saturday.

“As soon as that gets concrete, I think we’ll probably do a memorial over here,” Pink told The Daily World.

His daughter and grandchildren lived in Aberdeen all their lives, he said, connected to a large group of extended family and friends.

Pink said the cost involved might prevent the family from bringing them home for burial.""

http://newsandtribune.com/local/x1221095540/Family-prepares-to-lay-mom-kids-to-rest

Something else of note: The Clutters lived in Indiana the first few years of their marriage. Brandon was born in Muncie in 2002 and they moved to Washington state in 2003. (obtained from obit info)

My theories: either he is overcome by grief, horrible grief, and can't bear to be anywhere that has memories of his family, OR he knows or did something to them. Wish we knew more.

Oh, but he said at the funeral that he was 'trying to remember them'.

Here is a link to some funeral pictures that I can't seem to copy. In the 2nd one down on the right, where Mr. Clutter is hugging somebody, it looks like Jaime's father is standing behind them to me. Haven't seen one of her mother. Still not verification and I have been searching and can't find anything else.

http://www.wave3.com/story/21778583/clutter-family-mourned-by-hundreds

The 3rd picture down on the right is of Clutter and he has a strange little smile on his face....shudder...maybe I'm just too suspicious...

If somebody else can copy and post these pics, it will be appreciated. There is also a video...

Mr. Pink is at approx. 1:35 in video

http://www.wdrb.com/story/21657563/...creek-speaks-about-daughter-and-grandchildren

Mr. & Mrs. Pink. She appears to be a tiny lady and looks as though she is standing on something in the photo. http://www.theworldofpraise.com/9401.html

From Readers link above:

Possibly Mr. Pink with grey jacket on in video at rear of casket.

Picture #1 below the video. Possibly Mr. Pink holding door open.

Picture #2 possibly Mr. Pink behind MC and man in white shirt hugging. Possibly Mrs. Pink all the way to our right in photo.

Here is a link to some funeral pictures that I can't seem to copy. In the 2nd one down on the right, where Mr. Clutter is hugging somebody, it looks like Jaime's father is standing behind them to me. Haven't seen one of her mother. Still not verification and I have been searching and can't find anything else.

The 3rd picture down on the right is of Clutter and he has a strange little smile on his face....shudder...maybe I'm just too suspicious...

If somebody else can copy and post these pics, it will be appreciated. There is also a video...

Yes, that does look like her father in the background of the 2nd photo.

Mrs. Pink is being interviewed on the phone and Mr. Pink is in a kitchen, could be anywhere? I think this is pieced together from a couple sources.

Yes, I was showing Mr. Pink from MSM interviews and then comparing that to pictures and video from the funeral of a gentleman that may be Mr. Pink.

Sorry for any confusion.

I have been studying Filicide in the academic world for almost a decade.

If I could figure out how to upload some pdf journal articles, I would. A really good one is, "Identifying CLients at risk for Filicide-Suicide" by Bruce Gross in Annals of the American Psychotherapy Association. Another one with in insight would be "An Exploratory Analysis of the Contexts and Circumstances of Filicide-Suicide in Chicago,1965–1994" by Todd Shackleford in the journal Aggressive Behavior.

Unfortunately, if this was a filicide-suicide (which I do believe it is, but am certainly willing to be convinced otherwises), it is almost textbook.
From all the MM reports I have read, which is all linked in this forum and that I could locate on my own, sadly, it's as if someone checked all the boxes in regards to this mother and her poor children. The only thing about this event that would be considered "out of the norm" is that little Brandon was over the age of seven.

I do not believe that being Pentacostal had anything to do with this crime, except as where it is shown that religious women who commit filicide are known to have associated hallucinations ie that they need to protect their children from Satan, Satan is in their children ect. I.e. Andrew Yates, Dena Schlosser, and Deanna Laney, to mention some well publicized cases that discuss this phenomenon. Drowning as a method of filicide is also fairly common. Suicide? Not as much, but certainly not unheard of.

I completely understand the communities reaction, at the desire to believe it was someone else. I'm sure Jaime was a wonderful women who loved her children, her husband, and God. That doesn't mean that she couldn't have done that, as its pretty well documented that loving those things does not preclude someone from mental illness or ppp. There are women who commit filicide-suicide who are screaming for help that they don't get, and there are also women that never give a single solitary hint until that fateful day.

What does bother me is how is the victim bashing. Michael is, by everything the police have said, NOT A SUSPECT. Yet his every action is being picked apart, which I think is terrible in a victim friendly website. Why he chose to stay in apartment, or move to Indiana, or pick his job, or his reaction to this unbelievable tragedy really is based on things we don't know, probably will never know, and are probably not in any way related to this case. If the police suspect another party of murder (which I haven't seen any indication of but once again will not be bothered to be proved wrong), it certainly doesn't appear to be Michael.

Also, the thinly veiled, and sometimes not so thinly veiled bigotry regarding the Pentacostal church is also unseemly. Did you know that 1 in 4 Christians identify themselves as Pentacostal? http://www.christianpost.com/news/s...spiritual-gifts-lack-theological-depth-44505/
There have been many posters who may have had a bad experience with a particular church that was Pentacostal, or had a neighbor or lived in a town with them (?!), but in disparaging any religion, and offending so many readers and potential websleuths I think it makes us all look bad No church makes women murder their children and then themselves..so I think the Pentacostal bashing should stop.

This is all IMO and not directed at anyone at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14
Back