IN - New Albany: Mother, two children found dead in creek

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Parents and her hubby have all denied this. So now they are suddenly coming up with this? I hope they still have that GJ.

I find it suspicious that before the announcement that the prosecutor was going to put it before the GJ, no info was being given to the prosecutor or to the public. Then prosecutor after he announces he is going to send it to GJ, there is finally an announcement. Something that both the parents and the hubby have denied previously.

Parents and her hubby have all denied this. So now they are suddenly coming up with this? I hope they still have that GJ.

I find it suspicious that before the announcement that the prosecutor was going to put it before the GJ, no info was being given to the prosecutor or to the public. Then prosecutor after he announces he is going to send it to GJ, there is finally an announcement. Something that both the parents and the hubby have denied previously.

I find it suspicious also. I'm very surprised that they just abruptly announced this without providing evidence of any mental illness and explaining how she could have accomplished this. I also still want to know what witness saw her that morning.

Postpartum depression and psychosis are terrible, terrible illnesses. It happens to good women, good moms. The women sometimes are unable to get help, because they either don't know what's wrong, are ashamed of the thoughts they're having, or because they don't even know that something is wrong. The results can be devastatingly tragic.

Rest in peace, Brandon, Katelyn, and Jaime.

Yeah, we all know that! But how did they come to this conclusion.

just returned from press conference w/ floyd co. police...this was a 'CYA' response...case is still going to grand jury...Knable answered press questions after & would only say' "cause of death was hypothermia exacerbated by 'mental illness'...they are basing this on the witness who JC & kids visited @her home @ 7:15 am of deaths...when asked to clarify 'mental illness', she stuttered & humhoed about 'delusions of granduer' involving 'demons', based upon this one witness...'not a lucid person'; specifics? 'just behavior that anyone would view as a 'mentally ill person'....no drugs found in any of the three...JC's 'wounds', 'just consitent w/ a body being in moving water'? (how come no artifacts of drowning injuries in kids?) when asked about the fact that there were no public reports as to JC's unstable 'mental illness', quite the opposite, the reply was, 'well, no one wants to admit someone they know & love has a 'mental illness'...when asked to clarify 'mental illness', (more confused looks), the reply was, 'we r assuming some type pf post-partum depression'...coroner would not clarify if JC's wounds were ante/post-mortem??? biometric data confirmed MC was @ work all day. she was more worried about how her cops are being chastised by prosecutor hendricks. something was very 'off' about this whole thing. during the press questions after, everyone was stuttering & trying to avoid every question...i never had heard that 'mental illness' predisposes someone to death by hypothermia! coroner made it sound like her mental illness made her immune to the cold. the 'witness' said that JC & the kids were innappropriately dressed that am(w/out coats)...still 'unable to approx. TOD' due to cold water submersion....

Im not surprised at all by this and that her family denies she had mental illness. Some religions (I know, I grew up in one like this. Now I look back and see it more as a cult. lol) dont recognize mental illnesses. Its demons to blame for everything . Depression is a spirit they think they can pray out of you. The poor woman needed help and no one saw or recognized it would be my guess.

cause of death was hypothermia exacerbated by 'mental illness'

Well isn't that the most ridiculous thing...I didn't know being mentally ill could lower your core body temperature like that.

I'm glad it's still going to the grand jury. You can't abandon the public for months (let's remember the public has been kind of wondering whether there's some lunatic out there who hadn't been caught) and then present this "gift" all tied up with a bow and expect people to swallow it.

IF--it is true and she was mentally ill - then I want to know what her husband thought he was doing when he moved her across the country to go to this awful church that only exacerbated her delusions. OR--if she developed this "mental illness" after moving to Lake Albany, WHY was she going to this church and WHY was he okay with leaving an infant and a young child with her for what sounds like long periods of time?

And it was FREEZING COLD and snowing out. I still don't see her son removing his clothing and allowing himself to be drowned like that. A natural response would be to struggle or run away.

Let's see what the grand jury says.

I find it suspicious also. I'm very surprised that they just abruptly announced this without providing evidence of any mental illness and explaining how she could have accomplished this. I also still want to know what witness saw her that morning.

Jc & kids went to 'witness's house' @ 7:15 that am w/ both kids...not dressed for the cold, & talking to her about 'demons'....they appear to b basing this 'mental illness' theory upon this one witness....that was one of the post-press questions....why, by evert single PUBLIC account, she was 'happier than she had ever been'....they would only site this one witness, who was the last person to c them alive....this is not good police work....there is no forensic marker for 'mental illness'....the coroner, knable, was specific that the 'mental illness' was contributing factor to 'death by hypothermia....? very disturbing.....i feel worse after witnessing the fiasco. there is MAJOR cover-up hear...police chief, coroner, etc...looking to one another after each question, w/ much hesitation & unprofessional delivery of their answers....none of which seemed scientifically sound....IMO...so sad. but they all did agree on one thing, this case is still going to the grand jury, & this press conference was released BEFORE they have given ANYTHING regarding their investigation to prosecutor hendrick's office!!!! the whole idea of a grand jury is based on secrecy & a prosecutor may seek theGJ if he does not want facts about the ongoing investigation released to the press. i would not think it prudent in the Chain of Command to hold this press conference without his knowledge, knowing it is GJ bound?! IMO>>>

If she believed she was being "stalked by demonic presences," the preacher evidently took her literally and made his statement about "odd and unexplained" incidents in the apartment complex about those "presences."

No mental health care possible from that direction then, if so.

(smh)

just returned from press conference w/ floyd co. police...this was a 'CYA' response...case is still going to grand jury...Knable answered press questions after & would only say' "cause of death was hypothermia exacerbated by 'mental illness'...they are basing this on the witness who JC & kids visited @her home @ 7:15 am of deaths...when asked to clarify 'mental illness', she stuttered & humhoed about 'delusions of granduer' involving 'demons', based upon this one witness...'not a lucid person'; specifics? 'just behavior that anyone would view as a 'mentally ill person'....no drugs found in any of the three...JC's 'wounds', 'just consitent w/ a body being in moving water'? (how come no artifacts of drowning injuries in kids?) when asked about the fact that there were no public reports as to JC's unstable 'mental illness', quite the opposite, the reply was, 'well, no one wants to admit someone they know & love has a 'mental illness'...when asked to clarify 'mental illness', (more confused looks), the reply was, 'we r assuming some type pf post-partum depression'...coroner would not clarify if JC's wounds were ante/post-mortem??? biometric data confirmed MC was @ work all day. she was more worried about how her cops are being chastised by prosecutor hendricks. something was very 'off' about this whole thing. during the press questions after, everyone was stuttering & trying to avoid every question...i never had heard that 'mental illness' predisposes someone to death by hypothermia! coroner made it sound like her mental illness made her immune to the cold. the 'witness' said that JC & the kids were innappropriately dressed that am(w/out coats)...still 'unable to approx. TOD' due to cold water submersion....

My bold. Which of the speakers said that the case is still going to the grand jury?

Thanks.

My bold. Which of the speakers said that the case is still going to the grand jury?

Thanks.

that was the excuse both Knight & Knable used why they could not be more specific answering post-conference questions by the press....none of them asked the question i wanted answered, which should be easy...have they interviewed the people in Wa. who knew her the best??? to base 'mental illness' on the report from one person who knew her less than 3 months seems absurd??? IMO

So she was at someone's home about 7 am, showed signs of delusions of grandeur, was not lucid and they let her leave their home with the kids? They didn't call her husband? They didn't call LE? Who was this person?

Clutter's husband, Michael, has repeatedly disputed that his wife exhibited any signs of mental illness. Police, however, said interviews with Jaime Clutter's parents in Washington State and acquaintances in New Albany indicated she "exhibited signs of serious mental illness."

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/New-Albany-police-say-mom-drowned-children-then-self-207869661.html

Publicly at least they have denied that. They said she had physical problems with the pregnancy, not mental.

But investigators say they interviewed Jamie Clutter's parents, who said their daughter suffered from delusions, made incoherent statements, and believed that a demonic presence was stalking her family.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/22279930/police-new-albany-mother-drowned-children-herself

Hmm almost the same wording as what she was allegedly like at the witnesses home at 7 am that day. Also the same wording used in the press conference. Usually different witnesses will use different wording.

I hope there is a statement from the family soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hillbillywest403
Back