GUILTY IN - Owen Collins, 3, Bluffton, 17 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Coroner: Bluffton boy died of blunt force trauma

A coroner has ruled blunt force trauma killed a 3-year-old northeastern Indiana boy who died while his mother and two other people allegedly smoked methamphetamine.

Wells County Coroner Kent Gilbert signed the death certificate for Owen Collins on Monday. He ruled the death a homicide.

The coroner said he found no drugs in the boy's body.

OMG! So the lies about the drugs, which I'm glad are lies. None found in his body. Blunt force trauma...intentional murder of a precious child. Just so sad for little Owen. Thankfully he'll never know pain and suffering ever again.

WOW I wonder what the reason is for lying

IKR! This is so weird. I can't imagine them making up the stories of "giving him drugs" in his bottle and watching him, laughing. Who would do this?? What in the world? Did they do it in the past? So many questions. Bless the babies of these drug-addled fools.

Maybe they said they'd given him drugs to attempt to make it look like an accidental death. As if that somehow makes it better. These people are clearly not smart people.

OMG! So the lies about the drugs, which I'm glad are lies. None found in his body. Blunt force trauma...intentional murder of a precious child. Just so sad for little Owen. Thankfully he'll never know pain and suffering ever again.

I dont think they are lies. Methamphetamines metabolize fairly quickly and will leave the system. All this says is that they hadnt given him drugs in a few days. I dont think it means they never gave him drugs. I am sad to think of what this little baby saw and lived through in his tiny little short years.

I just saw this banner on my local news website:

Zachary Barnes pleads guilty to murder. The State of Indiana filed a Murder charge against Zachary S. Barnes this morning for the death of 3-year-old Owen Collins. Barnes appeared in court and pleaded guilty to the charge. This is a developing story.

http://www.21alive.com/

Hopefully the same will occur shortly for Breanna!
#JusticeForOwen!
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the sentencing hearing will he have to admit what really happened? I also wonder if he will testify against the mom?

At the sentencing hearing will he have to admit what really happened? I also wonder if he will testify against the mom?

I am wondering the same thing. Part of this deal really should include saying what he did to this little boy.

Barnes pleaded guilty to the murder charge in exchange for all other charges being dropped. nooooooooo!

http://www.21alive.com/news/local/M...der-of-3-year-old-Owen-Collins-307884111.html

:stormingmad:

Here's a portion of the actual statement from the Prosecutor's Office (from your link):
[...]
An Initial Hearing was held on the charge on the morning of June 17, 2015. Immediately thereafter, pursuant to an agreement with the State of Indiana, Barnes pleaded guilty to the murder charge. Pursuant to the terms of the sentencing recommendation contained within the plea agreement, Barnes, who turned 31 years old last month, will be sentenced to the Department of Correction for a term of 50 years. Under Indiana’s new sentencing statute, Barnes would be required to serve 75% of the sentence, or 37.5 years, in the Department of Correction. Sentencing has been set to occur on the 6th day of August, 2015.
[...]
Charges are still pending against Breanna Arnold and a juvenile in connection with the death of Owen Collins. The charges against Arnold and the juvenile are merely accusations and Arnold and the juvenile are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
----
This is a developing story. We will continue to update it as more information becomes available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thirty-seven years for a life? For a little, sweet boy's life? Doesn't seem nearly enough suffering for such a crime.

Anything less than a life sentence doesn't seem right. I don't care that a deal means less money spent by the state...Which is usually the reason for plea deals.

Anything less than a life sentence doesn't seem right. I don't care that a deal means less money spent by the state...Which is usually the reason for plea deals.

Practically speaking, though...he's 31. Add 37.5 years and he'll be 68/69 when he's released, assuming he lives that long. Prison life isn't easy on people, plus he's polluted his body with unknown amounts of toxins in the meth he's ingested. This basically is a life sentence for him.

From July 6:

http://wane.com/2015/07/06/babysitter-in-toddlers-death-gets-6-felony-charges/

Just four days after a judge decided Zachary Barker will be tried as an adult, the 16-year-old formally received six felony charges...

Investigators said Barker helped wrap the toddler’s body in plastic wrap, place it in a dresser drawer, and then move it in a cardboard box to a wooded area where the box was set on fire...

The court has agreed to pay for a psychological examination for Arnold. She’ll be back in court August 26 for another pre-trial conference. So far, Arnold has not been charged with murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back