IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos From @CyresAres1 Served Search Warrant. We will be posting more photos and information (what was recovered) on the The Invisible Man Page on Toni's Blog Post tomorrow (4/6/19). Once everyone is up to speed on that intel @CyresAres1 can answer questions etc without having to spend time catching everyone up individually. There are so many great minded people on Websleuths we want everyone to be caught up so we can get to finding out #WTFisPaulHarrod?!?! - E.M. - Social Media Director - GlacePR

These three new photos of him are telling. He is displaying the same trait with his hand in each of them. That's a very distinctive manner of holding onto your glass with fingers spread apart, and when hand is empty as well. Spread out with index finger on the rim of the glass. Distinctive and habitual.

That's a trait that he will be unable to change when changing identity. It would have been seen in his previous life, his life as "Paul" and would continue today.

I am so happy to have found this case and catch up with all the great work and recent progress! It is similar to FLEK which I got very caught up in. ;) I have not had a good ancestry hunt for a while, so will take a stab at the divorce records using the ex wife’s name and see if I come across anything :). I didn’t see that anyone had searched this deeply yet. Glad to join in on the search.

Last edited:
I am so happy to have found this case and catch up with all the great work and recent progress! It is similar to FLEK which I got very caught up in. ;) I have not had a good ancestry hunt for a while, so will take a stab at the divorce records using the ex wife’s name and see if I come across anything :). I didn’t see that anyone had searched this deeply yet. Glad to join in on the search.
I only searched on ancestry.

This whole situation seems obvious to me; this guy set up avery good false identity in 1987 and “walked away “ from it either to a new false identity or back to his original identity. What I find interesting is that what he pulled off would have been fairly easy into the 1970’s but very difficult by 1987.

..... The gravestone of a young child was often the starting point...

If I remember correctly about Lori Erica Kennedy (FLEK), she assumed her new identity in the 80s. A young child had died in a fire and articles were written, so she could have read about it in the paper (same with the young boy.) There was also a cult guide book around that time that gave directions on how to get your new identity (including searching cemeteries.). She got a PO Box in her new town, requested a copy of the birth certificate be sent there, then walked into the DMV with it and got her ID card. She then used the ID card to legally change her new name! On top of that, she got a passport and DL with her new, new name. I think I got that right, it’s been a while.

I have just read this case through quickly, so will take some time tonight to read-read and then see if I can find anything on ancestry.

I said it on the Parabon thread, I'll say it here: WHY are entrepreneurs not opening up DNA labs on every street corner? The need is certainly there.

Probably because there is little to no profit in it. Few police departments can afford to pay extra for expedited DNA testing. The DNA is currently sent to a government funded lab in Texas. It's free for out of state police departments. When University of North Texas temporarily lost funding in 2017 that caused a back log in cases.
Some articles from 2017:
UNT DNA Program Funding Loss ‘Incredibly Crippling,’ Say Investigators
UNT DNA Funding Returns, Resuming Search for Names of the Dead
I think that they still have not caught up from that 6 months when no testing was done. JMO.

DNA Doe Project is a non-profit group that pays for their testing with either grants specific to each police department or with fund-raising for each case. Some police departments have local grants (State or City or County) for solving doe cases or solving cold case murders. Those locations can afford to pay for the testing. But many small police departments have no extra funds for DNA testing. There is a finite amount of grant money-- additional labs would have to compete for it against UNT OR find a way to offer their services for reduced fees/non-profit like DNA Doe Project has done (they use volunteers in their genealogy work).

It seems there are independent labs that do the testing since DNA Doe Project gets their cases back rapidly once they are funded. It's getting the testing paid for that is the bigger hurdle.
MOO.

ETA: Sorry to go off topic. In regards to this case of the Fake Paul Raymond Harrod I believe money for DNA testing could be easily raised. IIRC, it's usually $2000 to $4000 per case that DNA Doe Project requests for testing costs. That would be easy to raise for this case. MOO.

Last edited:
Anyone had luck with Diana (sp) Rae in divorce records?

I'm kind of perplexed on how to search without a last name. All of the government clerk of courts websites require a last name to search. I even went to Lake County Ohio clerk of courts to make sure since you had a dream about that area. They need a last name.

I'm wondering if some of our ancestry people can give some insight to this. Actually, something just popped into my head. Has anyone tried Donna Rae Coletti ? Spelling unsure? Check document provided upthread for correct spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx