In Retrospect-Kronk Believes He Saw Skull In August

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That creates a deja vu moment for yours truly. I well recall that being said, over and over and over, about the Sheppard family.

(Down doggie, down.)

The Sheppard era did not have the technology we do today.

He was given $5,000 from Ne Jame, that was his (NJ) fee from the Anthonys. I think the money was burning his fingers, he obviously has integrity and I am sure he dumped them as soon as decently possible.
Interesting...didn't MN also give TM $5000? Did all this money originate from a group which needs to remain nameless?

What I would do is to keep Kronk on the witness stand undergoing cross for as many days as possible. If Kronk were to reveal that he had an informant, that would be a show stopping moment and would pave a new trail for the defense. Sans that, Casey's defense team will simply want to conduct a cross that leaves no room for doubt but that Kronk has not told either an accurate story or the whole story.

Kronk is like Furhman in O.J.'s trial. As a defense attorney conducting the cross, you know he's going to work for you, you just don't know how much of his blood he will help you will spill until you hear his answers to your questions.

How would you go about badgering Mr Kronk to reveal that he had an informent?
If you keep Mr Kronk on the stand for days you risk losing the jury to boredom as I believe you'd be asking the same questions over and over and over, just pharsed differently. JMHOO.

If you keep Mr Kronk on the stand for days you risk losing the jury to boredom as I believe you'd be asking the same questions over and over and over, just pharsed differently. JMHOO.

If Kronk is the "latest" victim under the bus of KC's defense...then I still have to ask...what was DC doing out there? Where did he get his information? Some obscure psychic? Doubt it. How Caylee was found does not explain how she got there. The defense would love everyone to believe the opposite. Caylee is dead. She was found. Who cares how? Only the defense...so they can poke holes in the prosecution's case...the same with their PI poking holes in garbage bags. She will go down and flames and deserves to.

I don't think anyone suggested Caylee taped her own face or Casey killed her in self-defense, or an "accident" and taping after the death.

Regarding Brini's question of why would Casey drive around for 2.6 days with Caylee decomposing in her car trunk if K or SOD is the perp, etc.... well, why would she drive around with Caylee decomposing in the trunk for 2.6 days if she herself is the murderer? If she had put her there, why leave her in there long enough to decompose? I've always thought the most likely reason KC would drive around with Caylee decomposing in the trunk would be that she hadn't found her there in the trunk yet/didn't know that's where she was. But anyway, why she wouldn't report her being missing in the first place, why she wouldn't report after she found her remains, etc. I don't know. Those would be the next questions. Because she's crazy/had a mental break? Because she thought the perp was someone she was afraid to tell on? Because she never saw the body, someone else removed it before she found it, either because they thought they were helping her or who knows what. Or because she thought no one would ever believe that she hadn't done it? I don't know. Anyway, back to K and his hinky story.
Didn't Casey run out of gas on June 20? Are you saying she didn't check the trunk from the 16th to the 20th? Because if I remember correctly...didn't she back into the garage on the 18th (and we assumed it was to load bags into the trunk)...or are you saying further down the road she didn't notice Caylee in the trunk...because we know that she ran out of gas again on the 23rd...she had opened the trunk to retrieve the gas cans on the 24th...so when exactly did she NOT notice her precious daughter in the trunk?
Sorry if this is OT...just curious.

I think we can safely eliminate profit as a possible motive of Kronk's, since he originally tried to remain anonymous when he phoned LE with his tip. Actually, his stated desire to be anonymous struck me as a little odd back then, since he could have expected to be haled as a hero for finding the remains. I later decided that he was trying to avoid having every facet of his personal life exposed by the media and then attacked by the defense--i.e. the old kidnapping accusation, his unpaid child support, etc.
...what he may have been doing on company time...

Didn't Casey run out of gas on June 20? Are you saying she didn't check the trunk from the 16th to the 20th? Because if I remember correctly...didn't she back into the garage on the 18th (and we assumed it was to load bags into the trunk)...or are you saying further down the road she didn't notice Caylee in the trunk...because we know that she ran out of gas again on the 23rd...she had opened the trunk to retrieve the gas cans on the 24th...so when exactly did she NOT notice her precious daughter in the trunk?
Sorry if this is OT...just curious.

and why did she outrun george to the trunk, if she had nothing to hide?
She knew he would see the gas cans..but what else was she hiding?

She didn't want him rummaging through her trunk.

Here's a worrisome issue that I haven't seen discussed yet....

Suppose for a moment that someone employed at the jail (Kronk's girlfriend, or even a janitor perhaps) overheard KC tell JB where she thought the "the real killer" might have put Caylee's remains. (I'm assurming KC wouldn't admit to JB that she put Caylee there herself).

Now suppose that conversation between KC and JB was ultimately relayed to Kronk by his girlfriend-who-heard-it-from-the-janitor, and as a result, RK searched that location and discovered Caylee's remains.

Here's the worrisome question: If the above were true, and if RK were to suddenly admit the above information is what really led him to Caylee's remains, would the prosecution still be able to use any evidence discovered with Caylee's remains against Casey--like the duct tape brand that matches what was on the gas can, for example? Or, would the defense be able to claim that Caylee's remains were discovered as a result of a violation of attorney-client priviledge by OC jail employees, and therefore any incriminating evidence against Casey found with the remains is "fruit of the poisoned tree?" Ergo, inadmissable?

If this has already been discussed, just steer me to the thread if you can. LOL.
Ok...I hate to say it 'cause it makes me look so d*mn cynical...but I always wondered about his connection with the As...not with jailhouse personnel. Just found it extremely odd that Caylee was found while the As were away on their West Coast tour...and I especially found their behavior odd when they got back.

Let's wait to see if Kronk tells the same absurd story on the witness stand

Of all the places Kronk had to relieve himself, he just happened to pick a swampy area that he personally knew to be infested with rattlesnakes. And while he's back in this rattlesnake infested swamp, he discovered Caylee's remains all by himself. Give me a break.

Did you ever ask yourself why Kronk (a former bounty hunter) didn't simply say that he went back there looking for Caylee's remains? I hold his story to be a boldfaced lie. It's not good to tell lies under oath, that's called perjury.

(My Mother did not raise me to be a fool. Thanks Mom.)
I got the distinct impression that he was actively searching for Caylee...unfortunately he was doing so on company time. I suppose he valued his job. Perhaps his version of events was a way to cover his a$$.

Ok...I hate to say it 'cause it makes me look so d*mn cynical...but I always wondered about his connection with the As...not with jailhouse personnel. Just found it extremely odd that Caylee was found while the As were away on their West Coast tour...and I especially found their behavior odd when they got back.

You can be cynical.There are a lot of questions,still.
Two things to consider about the A's being away when Caylee was found:1. RK had called it in before in August,and 2.The night before Caylee was found the A's were on LKL claiming they were following up a sighting of Caylee in California.They were adamant Caylee was still alive.I don't think they ever wanted her body found.They wanted to continue to say Caylee was alive so KC didn't kill her.

I hope they do that- it would serve to confirm to the Jury that this defense is desperate and scraping the barrel for anything that will distract from attention away from KC.

What I would do is to keep Kronk on the witness stand undergoing cross for as many days as possible. If Kronk were to reveal that he had an informant, that would be a show stopping moment and would pave a new trail for the defense. Sans that, Casey's defense team will simply want to conduct a cross that leaves no room for doubt but that Kronk has not told either an accurate story or the whole story.

Kronk is like Furhman in O.J.'s trial. As a defense attorney conducting the cross, you know he's going to work for you, you just don't know how much of his blood he will help you will spill until you hear his answers to your questions.

Kronk was honest enough that when he applied for his job with Orange County, way before this case happened, he informed them about the alleged kidnapping incident - even though it had been expunged from his record and likely would never have come up.

That alone tells me a little bit about his character. You may have your suspicions about him, Wudge, but I believe that those suspicions are unfounded. And when the defense tries to discredit him - THEY are the ones that will look like fools, it will backfire on them. IMO

...what he may have been doing on company time...

Or having an ex wife know exactly where he was to be found...
I think it was something mundane,but all the conspiracy theorists love this stuff. They live on it.

The art of most any great cross-examination is usually based on giving the witness no place to turn. I would start out by using Kronk's original story -- that he had his partner were simply looking for a shady area -- to pin him down as to how they first came to be in the area in August where Caylee's body was eventually discovered. And I would use multiple (basically repeat) questions to reinforce that that was the reason that they were there and absolutely no other reason. I would then have him pinned to that story.

After you have your witness pinned, a skilled cross examiner would almost assuredly use Chinese water torture questions (drip, drip, drip) to slowly and carefully show the absurdity of that likely being true or, still better, get him to add something (change his story) as Kronk feels the heat of the cross-examination exposing his story as being simply unbelievable.

As for keeping Mr. Kronk on the witness stand for several days, please understand that Mr. Kronk will be a spotlight cross. Any defense attorney who is worth anything would lust for the opportunity to slow cook Mr. Kronk by gently turning up the heat on him, degree by slow degree, until he's been turned into a thoroughly cooked pot roast.

You can be cynical.There are a lot of questions,still.
Two things to consider about the A's being away when Caylee was found:1. RK had called it in before in August,and 2.The night before Caylee was found the A's were on LKL claiming they were following up a sighting of Caylee in California.They were adamant Caylee was still alive.I don't think they ever wanted her body found.They wanted to continue to say Caylee was alive so KC didn't kill her.
Ya know...I had thought that as well...but just thought it odd that the first calls were placed right around the time LP was talking about springing Casey. I'm not so sure the As didn't want Caylee to be found. I'm of the firm belief that they did know that Caylee was dead when they went out west. They knew back in August IMO. I believe they're absolutely covering for their daughter...but did they seem at all surprised when Caylee was found? Not like I was there...but personally I couldn't be around anyone after finding this kinda news out...yet alone breaking bread with virtual strangers.

I guess to summarize: Who exactly found Caylee is not related to who killed her. Who cares how she was found? I would like to see the entire family hung up by yard arms but again...only KC has that knowledge. Poor little non-working non-graduating from highschool lady. I would say eat it...but seeing from her commissary account she has.

The defense would like you to believe it is relevant. Junk science. No dead baby in KC's car. Kronk didn't have any reason to kill Caylee. So we are back to the relevant. KC killed her. And btw what was the PI doing poking around in the same area? I would love to see any one of the defenders of the defense explain that to me. Love. To.

The art of most any great cross-examination is usually based on giving the witness no place to turn. I would start out by using Kronk's original story -- that he had his partner were simply looking for a shady area -- to pin him down as to how they first came to be in the area in August where Caylee's body was eventually discovered. And I would use multiple (basically repeat) questions to reinforce that that was the reason that they were there and absolutely no other reason. I would then have him pinned to that story.

After you have your witness pinned, a skilled cross examiner would almost assuredly use Chinese water torture questions (drip, drip, drip) to slowly and carefully show the absurdity of that likely being true or, still better, get him to add something (change his story) as Kronk feels the heat of the cross-examination exposing his story as being simply unbelievable.

As for keeping Mr. Kronk on the witness stand for several days, please understand that Mr. Kronk will be a spotlight cross. Any defense attorney who is worth anything would lust for the opportunity to slow cook Mr. Kronk by gently turning up the heat on him, degree by slow degree, until he's been turned into a thoroughly cooked pot roast.

Speaking of pot roast...what would you say about the A's PI? Kronk found the body...so he must have killed Caylee? That is all they have? I can't wait to see what KC has to contribute to the world (if) she gets out. Again, until you address why the PI was in the same area...poking at Kronk won't get it done.

I got the distinct impression that he was actively searching for Caylee...unfortunately he was doing so on company time. I suppose he valued his job. Perhaps his version of events was a way to cover his a$$.

I could not agree more. However, that's not his story, and I expect his story to cost him dearly under cross-examination.

It still does not make Caylee's body disappear from the snake infested swamp. I don't think the jury will take too kindly to disparaging the "hero" in this story.

I could not agree more. However, that's not his story, and I expect his story to cost him dearly under cross-examination.
I guess he could always use the "I don't remember"..."I don't know"..." "Yea, I think I had to pee" kinda responses to the defense's questions. He has already admitted to being interested enough in the case to look. The defense can't discredit the find. Caylee is still very much dead.

ETA: I understand the defenses' job is to deflect attention away from the obvious...but I find RK to be such a small part of this case. Let them have their moment...I think it will reflect badly on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez