Found Deceased IN - Samantha Fleming, 23, Anderson, 6 April 2015 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The People article makes it sound like it took 2 weeks to get Samantha's cell phone records. I know in the beginning there was the possibility she had left voluntarily, but I wish there was some way that records could be accessed faster in situations like this.

This is so bizarre.

I wonder why she targeted her? Young enough to be more gullible perhaps? She had to know so much in order to not only sound like she was with CPS, but enough details to convince her to go with her.

It seems like the only real likely possibilities are her somehow getting access to copies of records somewhere somehow, or else maybe a lot of sleuthing on social media?

I keep thinking, what if the woman posed as a CPS worker and waltzed into the hospital one day, seeking new mothers. She could easily walk in and talk to new mothers, get info, etc and then go to their homes later as a familiar face. Just a thought/theory, no basis for it, just speculating how she could have convince mom to leave with her voluntarily.

How and why was she in TEXAS but without the baby she had stolen? This is so weird!

I don't believe that's the first time Samantha met that woman. I think they met before, I think Samantha knew her as a CPS worker. I believe that's how she knew so much, and why Samantha went with her.
Tawny, the woman made the trip to Texas to visit family, after leaving Serenity with her sister.

I don't believe that's the first time Samantha met that woman. I think they met before, I think Samantha knew her as a CPS worker. I believe that's how she knew so much, and why Samantha went with her.
Tawny, the woman made the trip to Texas to visit family, after leaving Serenity with her sister.

Thanks for the info. I skimmed a couple of articles but didn't see it anywhere.

So, she went through alllllllllllllllllll this trouble to snatch a baby and murder the mother only to take a trip without the baby? Wow.

Such a bizarre case. I still can't figure out how they ended up searching that house.

EDIT: I see now - the cell phone trace.

This makes me really sad. This young woman already had her share of troubles in life, her poor children and family.
I never expected this.
RIP ~may you be with angels in heaven.

jmo

Bizarre!!! So many prayers for Samantha's family, and loved ones. Prayers for sweet Serenity.

I can't believe how many times it's come up recently about someone trying to steal or stealing someone's baby!!! I don't know what the reasoning is...maybe for blackmarket adoption? Human trafficking? Wanting a baby of their own that badly? I don't know, but scary and sad!

I saw that the baby was returned to Samantha's family. If her boyfriend was the father of the baby, why didn't they return the baby to him? Or does he have to take a paternity test to show that Serenity is his daughter? He has a job and if he is a fit parent and the baby is his biological baby, then I think he should be given the baby to raise. I can't imagine how the black kidnapper/murderer expected to pass off a white baby as hers. And her sister who was babysitting the baby said she didn't know the baby's name? How do you babysit a baby without knowing its name? The mother supposedly was held for at least a few days before being killed, so how and where was she held? It must have been horrific for her and she must have been terrified. Stories like these are enough to give me nightmares. I'm past the age for having children but I worry for my children and grandchildren that something bad could happen to them. I hope they are smart enough and suspicious enough not to fall for any kind of scam. Our first great-grandbaby (a girl) is due in 3 months and I pray often for the safety of our granddaughter and her baby and husband. I was reading about the case where the woman had used the same babysitter for a year and had set up a nanny cam and found her sitter horribly abusing her child. I worry about that too with my grandbabies.

Every story makes me more and more nervous.
Pregnant women and new mothers should be able to show that off.
I shouldn't be afraid to wear a maternity shirt.
I shouldn't be afraid to carry a baby in public.
Yet, we are getting to that point.

When my girls were born 11 and 12 years ago... this never crossed my mind.
Now it seems like there is a new case every week.
It is hard to remain objective when you are already having some anxiety from hormones.

People can say "Oh the odds are so slim... it'll never happen."
Tell that to Serenity's family.
Statistics and odds don't mean a damn thing when you are the 1%. :twocents:

Details emerge in death of young mother, alleged abduction

His testimony is contained in a 16-page affidavit that led to charges of murder, kidnapping and confinement against Jones, 36, and includes more detailed information about the ploy Jones allegedly used to lure the young Anderson mother and her baby to Gary.

<snip>

When Jones arrived at Fleming's home, she identified herself as a DCS worker. She was dressed "in business attire" and carried "a binder with paperwork, never opening anything," Sanderson told the judge. A spokesman for DCS told the Post-Tribune on Monday that Jones has never worked for the agency. Sanderson testified that Jones herself had a previous child welfare case in Lafayette.

Arrest warrant hearing transcript

Anyone that posts on these forums, or just reads them, knows this much... There are plenty of parents (more than you'd want to imagine) that treat their children worse than a dog. There are plenty of little kids killed by family members because they aren't able to care for them or worse, that the child is simply "not wanted."

Jones, or any of the other "wannabe moms" in the news lately, should have gone after THOSE kids.

I don't know how the said women would have treated the kids (since they're obviously crazy), but it would at least remove them from an abusive home.
Killing a woman to steal a child that she wanted and would love is unfathomable when there are so many children out there already who need love and care.

I am so perplexed by this story. I really (in that nosy, WS, kinda way)want to know how she was targeted and mislead. I really thought the story was "hoaxy" upon my initial read. I'm surprised the boyfriend wasn't POI number one, although I think there was some text/ping info available. Anyone got a connection between the two women? (Sorry haven't read beyond page one and a recent news story.)

Terrible story, terrible outcome. It just makes you want to prepare a stiff drink and see what is on T.V. as an escape from reality.

I think we can all count on a mental defect defense.

I am so perplexed by this story. I really (in that nosy, WS, kinda way)want to know how she was targeted and mislead. I really thought the story was "hoaxy" upon my initial read. I'm surprised the boyfriend wasn't POI number one, although I think there was some text/ping info available. Anyone got a connection between the two women? (Sorry haven't read beyond page one and a recent news story.)

I view it a lot like the animal kingdom. The predators look for the weak and the vulnerable, and then they pounce. Jones found that in Samantha Fleming......and now we all know the rest of the story.

For some reason yet unexplained, Samantha felt like she wasn't a worthy parent and she let this woman get the upper hand and kill her. I'm sure it will all become apparent as the paper trail and text messages unfold.

Based on the public information available via simple FB searches, I suspect Jones was able to learn enough about Samantha to know exactly how to manipulate her. I spent about 10 minutes on-line and know very intimate details about the lives of Samantha and her family. JMO, but it wasn't very difficult.

I'm so sorry to see the outcome with Sam, and hope that Serenity gets the love and care she needs to heal from this in the future.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe
Back