GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not looking good :(

[h=1]Missing child in Spencer believed to be in danger[/h]
SPENCER, Ind. (WISH) — Police in Owen County are searching for a missing 1-year-old girl believed to be in danger.

A search is underway across the small town of Spencer. ISP says crews used sonar to check the White River. A cemetery near the home was searched, police say. An ISP chopper is on scene and K-9 units are combing the area for clues.

The grandmother and three men were at the home when police arrived Wednesday morning, according to ISP. All four have been questioned as well as other people who may have been at the home overnight.
Several search warrants have been served at homes and vehicles across Owen County.

She [mom] said her daughter’s blanket and diaper bag are also missing.
“I’m hoping that whoever has her is taking care of her and will bring her back home safe,” Stewart said. “I’ve got a bad feeling since talking to the cops today and I am hoping I am wrong.”

http://wishtv.com/2016/03/23/police-searching-for-missing-child-in-spencer/

I live just down the road from there. The White River runs through town. I hope Shaylyn's OK..

Not looking good :(

Missing child in Spencer believed to be in danger

SPENCER, Ind. (WISH) — Police in Owen County are searching for a missing 1-year-old girl believed to be in danger.

A search is underway across the small town of Spencer. ISP says crews used sonar to check the White River. A cemetery near the home was searched, police say. An ISP chopper is on scene and K-9 units are combing the area for clues.

The grandmother and three men were at the home when police arrived Wednesday morning, according to ISP. All four have been questioned as well as other people who may have been at the home overnight.
Several search warrants have been served at homes and vehicles across Owen County.

She [mom] said her daughter’s blanket and diaper bag are also missing.
“I’m hoping that whoever has her is taking care of her and will bring her back home safe,” Stewart said. “I’ve got a bad feeling since talking to the cops today and I am hoping I am wrong.”
http://wishtv.com/2016/03/23/police-searching-for-missing-child-in-spencer/

-I can't find some links I saw earlier stating dad put baby to bed at midnight, and I saw one that said he put her to bed at 11pm. I also saw someone who claimed to be family day dad noticed she was missing when he woke up between 7-8am. That will have to be considered rumor for now since I saw them earlier & after letting my 4 year old watch kinder eggs on YouTube briefly before bedtime, it seems she managed to clear out the history!

Ugh! I had more info & quite a few more links/quotes in this post, and most of it must have been lost when I was going back and forth between Windows trying to find the msm articles I saw earlier.

I always checked on mine, but maybe that's just me.
I have 4 kids and check on them each night- more to just give them one last kiss before bed. That includes my 12 year old. I know they are ok, so I guess it's not really checking on them, but I see them between when they go to bed and when I go to bed!

I always checked on mine, but maybe that's just me.

I think if you watch these stories for years, you'll see a correlation with people who state they checked on their baby in the wee hours, and them being responsible for the baby's disappearance. There's a real correlation there, IMHO. Just like there's a real correlation with parents who say "I was fixing the baby's bottle" when some horrific thing happened, and the parents being responsible. You see this red flag stuff if you read hundreds of these stories.

Welcome, Ohio Worrier.

I agree 100% that the old "I checked on him at x" or "I got him a bottle at x" stories always do seem to be present somehow in many stories of deadly child abuse/negligence, but I don't think the correlation means that people who actually do check on their genuinely peacefully sleeping children are bad parents. I think it's that bad parents who have done something to their child use that in their cover-up stories because at that time is when they were actually lying their poor beaten child down to die, or whatever horrible thing it is they did. There are also genuine stranger abduction stories that start with 'parent got up at 4am to check on child and child was gone' and that is actually what happened.

I usually sleep soundly all night, but if I do awake in the middle of the night for whatever reason I always check on my kids. In the back of my mind is always "what if I woke up because I heard something in my sleep and someone has broken in or my child has escaped"? I'd hate myself forever if I didn't check and something had happened, even if it wasn't something along those lines but something say, medical had occurred, or whatever.

So, the little one's diaper bag and blanket are missing, per mom. Doubt the child took a diaper bag when she climbed out of the crib and went out for an evening walk. Yes, of course, that is sarcastic ... but if those items are gone, we know that someone took her.

I pray to God that whoever took this child is taking care of her. And will bring her back.

Hmmm ......

I have 4 kids and check on them each night- more to just give them one last kiss before bed. That includes my 12 year old. I know they are ok, so I guess it's not really checking on them, but I see them between wen they go to bed and when I go to bed!

I look in on mine one last time before I go to bed, too. It's just a habit -- I have pre-teens and one teen, so they don't really need to be checked on the same way littles do at this point. :)

I don't know... My 3 year old generally sleeps in 3 hour stretches. When she goes longer I wake up out of habit and check on her thinking something must be wrong. To be blunt, Im from about an hour/75 minutes from Spencer and am much more suspicious about them never locking the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member