GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the little one's diaper bag and blanket are missing, per mom. Doubt the child took a diaper bag when she climbed out of the crib and went out for an evening walk. Yes, of course, that is sarcastic ... but if those items are gone, we know that someone took her.

I pray to God that whoever took this child is taking care of her. And will bring her back.

Hmmm ......

BBM: This is disturbing. Just like the "there was no party" and "there was a loud party" statements, there is also mom saying Shaylyn's diaper bag was missing and grandma saying (in the audio interview posted upthread, post #23) that there was absolutely nothing else missing but Shaylyn. For those of you that haven't listened to the audio, it's VERY interesting.

Just finished listening to the phone interview of the father and the grandmother at the link:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/toddler-missing-from-fathers-home-in-spencer

Absolutely infuriating, and very chilling at the same time: At around the 5:04 mark, the interviewer asks the father if there is anything his station can do to help find Shaylyn. The father's answer? "Um, would you be able to talk to my mom about it?"

So the grandmother actually gets on the phone. When asked, she says she went to bed at 12:30 AM, 1 AM and then finally 2 AM.

Before ending the call, at around the 8:20 mark, the interviewer asks the grandmother, what does she want people to know, in addition to the information regarding Shaylyn's disappearance that the media are already putting out there, at which point she proceeds to discuss her displeasure with the Fox affiliate reporting that there was a party at her house the night before. Nothing to the effect of "Please don't hurt my granddaughter," or "Bring my baby home right now." Not a word.

Just finished listening to the phone interview of the father and the grandmother at the link:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/toddler-missing-from-fathers-home-in-spencer

Absolutely infuriating, and very chilling at the same time: At around the 5:04 mark, the interviewer asks the father if there is anything his station can do to help find Shaylyn. The father's answer? "Um, would you be able to talk to my mom about it?"

So the grandmother actually gets on the phone. When asked, she says she went to bed at 12:30 AM, 1 AM and then finally 2 AM.

Before ending the call, at around the 8:20 mark, the interviewer asks the grandmother, what does she want people to know, in addition to the information regarding Shaylyn's disappearance that the media are already putting out there, at which point she proceeds to discuss her displeasure with the Fox affiliate reporting that there was a party at her house the night before is false. Not a word to the effect of "Please don't hurt my granddaughter," or "Bring my baby home right now."

I found the interview to be eye opening to say the least. :mad:

I wish I hadn't stumbled into this thread/case. This family reminds me of JM and VDK from the Deorr Kunz case already. I don't want to know where this goes. What a beautiful child. Praying very hard for her safe return to her Mom.

I wish I hadn't stumbled into this thread/case. This family reminds me of JM and VDK from the Deorr Kunz case already. I don't want to know where this goes. What a beautiful child. Praying very hard for her safe return to her Mom.
I thought exactly the same thing.

I'm right there with you CanadianWells and Paulas88. Praying for both Shaylyn and Chase tonight. Going to be difficult to sleep. :(

I know what you mean. We're here for little Shaylyn though, and that's the important thing. :grouphug:

Well, at least these people are asking that the little one be found, asking to get the word out there, etc. But yeah, the police telling me 'absolutely nothing' wouldn't fly with me and I would be out there searching high and low, not just waiting for someone to get back with me.
I'm certain too, that I would be hysterical and firmly pinning down times the female visitor left, etc.
But I'm just wondering if this is just how these people are. I know that sounds vague but you know...

Unfortunately yes along with others..

I agree with pappa rob. Drugs -meth, especially- are a big problem in Southern Indiana, in my opinion. I went to college in a town about a half hour to the southeast of Spencer, lived in a town about a half hour to the north for over ten years, and my mom grew up on a farm about 45 minutes to the southwest.

Other than the university, jobs are few and far inbetween, and the region has very much been depressed economically for a long time. The area is very rural in some parts, and this beautiful baby girl could truly be anywhere :(.

So, the crib was in "the living room". How very odd. I would sleep in the living room myself, rather than my baby, so I could get extra sleep while the baby had peace and quiet in a private bedroom. ESPECIALLY if there were a couple adult guests over and they were drinking. Put the baby in the bedroom so she can get sleep.

This family is so disturbing - I can't decide whether the grandmother, the father, or the biomom is the most unfit. It's a 3-way tie for unfit guardians.

So much is wrong with this whole situation...from small little things that irk me to inconsistencies that scare me.

1) A one year old should be in bed much earlier than 10:30 pm
2) A bed in the living room? Where there is likely high traffic, TV, people going in and out of the noisy door mentioned by Grandma? I know some kids sleep soundly...but geez...
3) "I take care of her when she is at my house" said Grandma. Is dad not capable or doesn't want to?
4) Per dad, a person named "Kyle" was at the house and wanted dad to drink with him. Kyle's last name in unknown? So dad and grandma allowed someone they didn't know in the house with the child?
5) Was she discovered missing at 8:30 am or 8:00 am? I thought I heard different times in the taped phone conversation.
6) Grandma went to bed at 12:30? 1:00? 2:00? She seemed to not really know?
7) Someone else came into the home and left again between 2:00 am and 8:30 am because they left papers in the kitchen?
8) I don't care where you live...if you have one of life's most precious gifts (a child) in your house, you should lock your doors!

Scared for this little one...

It's ALWAYS a concern when parents "check" on their toddlers in the middle of the night, IMHO. That raises huge red flags. In my opinion.

That, by itself, raises no red flags for me. Most people I know check their kids before bed. And none of them have ever done anything to their kids.

Now everything else about these people....red flags galore!

I hate to ask, but is meth a problem in this part of Indiana? :(

Where ISN'T meth a problem these days??

Oh my. That interview is interesting. So grandmother says there was no party last night just some people over, but the neighbor says there was a loud party last night. ???

The term 'party' is probably subjective. I remember my neighbors saying they weren't "party people" when we first met them. Not sure what their definition of a party is. But a group of people, even if it's small, being drunk and loud = party to me. So this Grandma may not think the gathering was a party. But someone like me would likely disagree.

That, by itself, raises no red flags for me. Most people I know check their kids before bed. And none of them have ever done anything to their kids.

Now everything else about these people....red flags galore!

Where ISN'T meth a problem these days??

The term 'party' is probably subjective. I remember my neighbors saying they weren't "party people" when we first met them. Not sure what their definition of a party is. But a group of people, even if it's small, being drunk and loud = party to me. So this Grandma may not think the gathering was a party. But someone like me would likely disagree.

and me too :blushing:

11:00 news update with video:
http://www.wthr.com/story/31550000/police-in-spencer-looking-for-missing-18-month-old

Dad wonders if it was someone with a grudge against his family.
Family has been asked to stay home and wait, not to go out searching. Why would this be, I wonder?
Neighbors (plural) say something is "fishy."
I hope they're taking a close look at the female that came and went during the night.
That's all I have to say about that.

In reality, how many abducted children have ever been taken due to a "grudge" against a family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member