GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never having been able to have a child, what I read and hear every day about the treatment of children makes my blood boil.
I know it only takes a moment for something to happen. I get that. But this little toddler didn't get up and leave that home on her own.
There are too many to count anymore.
Perhaps a female did take her, like someone might take a puppy they wanted. It's a sick world out there for sure.
Praying she is found alive but preparing for another bad ending.
jmo

Tamera Morgan, the paternal grandmother of Shaylyn, told Heavy, “All I know is we went to bed around 2 a.m. early Wednesday morning and she was in her crib at that time and then when we got up at 8 a.m. she was not. Me and my husband Daniel Morgan, her father (Justin Ammerman) and her Uncle Adam were home.” A friend named Kyle was there until about 3 a.m., however, Tamera, nicknamed ‘Tammy,’ didn’t see him leave and can’t say for sure if that was that time. At about 8 a.m., Tammy said the family saw she was missing and called police.

much more here http://heavy.com/news/2016/03/justi...amera-morgan-indiana-facebook-photos-suspect/

I also feel that if the dad has her every other week, why are they not planning parties on the weeks he doesn't have her? I mean, I know people have parties when their kids are present, I've been to a couple, but they've always had someone supervising them (even when they were sleeping).

I'm not a parent yet, so I really try not to judge people for their parenting, but I'm really struggling to wrap my mind around this scenario.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

I think the reason that they are so adamant that it wasn't a party is because that is more of a lifestyle for them. They probably have people over drinking, and in and out of the house all the time. So to them, it wasn't a party because a party would have been a planned event. This was something that occurred all of the time, so it wasn't considered a party, maybe just considered "hanging out".

And this from yesterday continues to rub me the wrong way:

"I'm thinking somebody who has a big grudge over my family," Ammerman said. "We don't deserve this at all. Whoever you are please return my daughter."

http://www.wthr.com/story/31550000/police-in-spencer-looking-for-missing-toddler

I'm not pointing fingers (yet) but neither dad nor grandma seem to be too concerned about Shaylyn's well being, it seems to be more about them.

And really, under the circumstances I sure as hell would be having some serious, um... "talks" with every person who was at my house. Shaylyn didn't walk out of that house by herself.

I hope this isn't another Malik Drummond situation.

That is exactly what Deorr's parents said---" who would hate us enough to take our boy" kind of thing. And he is still missing too...

I would like to know if it was normal for people to be coming and going all night, or was this an exception? A woman named Kelly came by at 2am and then there was a supposed argument at 3am? And there is a baby missing? And nobody's timelines match? And one person says Grandma noticed her missing, then the other says he did?! I feel like a lot of the people there that evening knew what happened. And I think a lot of the people who were there might know where she can be found.

MAN why did I open this one. :maddening:

I would like to know if it was normal for people to be coming and going all night, or was this an exception? A woman named Kelly came by at 2am and then there was a supposed argument at 3am? And there is a baby missing? And nobody's timelines match? And one person says Grandma noticed her missing, then the other says he did?! I feel like a lot of the people there that evening knew what happened. And I think a lot of the people who were there might know where she can be found.

MAN why did I open this one. :maddening:

I just joined this case today and did a rapid catch up. I agree... that people who were there know a lot more than they're saying. They just don't have their stories straight or a story they all agreed on!

i too think it's a norm there for people to come and go at any time. And if they're drinking, they're probably talking & laughing loudly. To a close-by neighbor, who's trying to sleep, it probably sounded like a party.

Well, generally speaking, legitimate accidents don't require cover-ups. "Accidents" that require cover-ups usually include "accidents" such as parents losing tempers and hitting/beating kids to death, scalding kids, burning kids, etc. Drug/alcohol-related "accidents." Or "accidents" that occur in the commission of other criminal activities.
Accidents that happen as a result of willful neglect, or accidents that happen to parents with a provable history of neglect come to mind as well.

Tamera Morgan, the paternal grandmother of Shaylyn, told Heavy, “All I know is we went to bed around 2 a.m. early Wednesday morning and she was in her crib at that time and then when we got up at 8 a.m. she was not. Me and my husband Daniel Morgan, her father (Justin Ammerman) and her Uncle Adam were home.” A friend named Kyle was there until about 3 a.m., however, Tamera, nicknamed ‘Tammy,’ didn’t see him leave and can’t say for sure if that was that time. At about 8 a.m., Tammy said the family saw she was missing and called police.

much more here http://heavy.com/news/2016/03/justi...amera-morgan-indiana-facebook-photos-suspect/

Here's video of dad, grandma and uncle Adam. They're an... interesting family. FWIW, the grandmother is adamant that nothing was taken - blanket, toys, etc. so it sounds like there's no missing diaper bag.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/ne...deo_92820eb8-f1fa-11e5-9d11-47b6c68ddf83.html

I do truly hope that her diaper bag and blanket are also missing because to me that means somebody might have taken her. Maybe they thought she was in a dangerous situation and took off with her. I would think that that person is known by the family, not just some stranger who broke in. For me this is the best case scenario, it would mean that she could possibly be alive

Some articles indicate that Grandmother put Shaylyn to bed at @10:30PM while others indicate it was just before midnight. :waitasec: Why was the toddler up so late?

And I can't really call it 'putting her to bed' if you are putting her in the living room, while party guests are in and out, drinking and listening to live music. That is NOT putting a baby down to sleep, in my opinion. :mad:

I doubt the house is big enough for Shayla to have a room of her own. She may have a porta-crib and sleeps in one of the bedrooms until time for adults to go to bed. And then moved to living room. Adults may spend time in kitchen or own bedrooms if she's put to sleep in living first thing.

I'm hoping she wasn't put to sleep in LR while the adults drink, talk, party, and visit in the LR, too!

Never having been able to have a child, what I read and hear every day about the treatment of children makes my blood boil.
I know it only takes a moment for something to happen. I get that. But this little toddler didn't get up and leave that home on her own.
There are too many to count anymore.
Perhaps a female did take her, like someone might take a puppy they wanted. It's a sick world out there for sure.
Praying she is found alive but preparing for another bad ending.
jmo
There's a certain awareness that comes from wanting a child you can't have. An appreciation and gratitude. Having struggled for many years to have one, I hear you. That gratitude will never leave me, nor will the seething anger at the things that happen to children. In response to another somewhat related comment regarding planning parties around when kids are gone-- I have a neighbour who has partial custody of her kids. She parties more when her kids are home, which to me indicates a really clear statement of "I want to escape this parenting thing." I think it's unfortunately really common when it comes to people who feel that way. Just moo.

Here's video of dad, grandma and uncle Adam. They're an... interesting family. FWIW, the grandmother is adamant that nothing was taken - blanket, toys, etc. so it sounds like there's no missing diaper bag.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/ne...deo_92820eb8-f1fa-11e5-9d11-47b6c68ddf83.html

1. Put your phone down. Nothing on Facebook is so important that it can't wait until the interview is finished.
2. No one is doing anything to *you. Shaylyn is (potentially) being hurt and abused and traumatized. I'm not sure how I'd react in this situation never having been in it, but I can't imagine that my first and primary thoughts wouldn't be for my child's wellbeing but instead "Oh man, poor me!"
3. Who on earth noticed her gone first? Because first it was grandma, and then it was dad. We've got two different stories, and this isn't the press messing it up. This is directly from their own mouths.

Wonder if something went wrong so she was put in car, with diaper bag, to be taken to hospital but things took a turn for the worse before they arrived at the hospital.

Just saw this today and have not watched/read every link. I'm still rather confused about which one is really the mother. Mom's FB page says she's a 26 yr old mother of 3. Same person there that I've seen in video interviews that I was sure was the grandma. I think she must have some kind of condition that makes her appear much older than she is?

The one thought I keep coming back to is, with so many people coming and going at grandma/dad's place the night she went missing, allegedly with her diaper bag (indicates someone planned to care for her) is that maybe someone looked at the situation and decided to take matters into their own hands and remove her from it. I can only HOPE this is the case.

moo.

EDITED: did some more digging. Yes, the older looking woman is the mother. Just adding that to clear it up so I don't confuse anyone else.

So grandma says everyone went to bed at 2am but friend Kyle didn't go home until 3am. What was Kyle doing in their home in the middle of the night with everyone gone to bed? And what about this female Kelly who visited during the night?

I can't believe anyone would leave a bab in the living room with an unlocked door and people coming and going all night.

I grew up spending summers with cousins in this town and it really is the way of life. It was much different than the bigger town that I grew up in. Of course that was 30 years ago, it surprises me that it's stayed this way (and obviously shouldn't have).

I doubt we'll ever know what happened to Haleigh Cummings, but her grandmother and great-grandmother were both involved in defending and protecting Haleigh's father (Ronald) and live-in girlfriend (Misty Croslin).
YES. Haleigh Cummings was who I thought of, with all the people going and coming in that house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay