GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://wthitv.com/2017/02/06/man-arrested-for-murder-of-14-month-old-shaylyn-ammerman-pleads-guilty/

The 22-year-old who was arrested in March of 2016 for the murder of 14-month-old Shaylyn Ammerman in Owen County has pleaded guilty...

VanDerMoere and Parker’s attorney Jacob Fish negotiated a plea agreement to sentence Parker to 60 years in the Indiana Department of Corrections. That agreement is now under the advisement by Judge Quillen, and a sentencing hearing has been set for Feb. 27 at 9 a.m.

I wasn't familiar with this case until just now. I almost wish I still wasn't familiar with it, that absolute feeling of overwhelming rage & sickness you get when you read about a crime like this hit me pretty hard, I gotta say. That sweet baby, with her beautiful eyes and her chubby cheeks -- I hope she is remembered, even though her life was way too short, for the joy she brought & not for the horrible way she died.

Also? Thank god he pled. A trial might have meant exposing all the details of Shaylyn's suffering, which it sounds like no one should have to hear, and exposing all the details of Parker's own past while he groveled & fought for leniency. Which, I get it -- but in cases like this one, it just makes me want to shake my fist & swear at my computer screen in rage.

Anyway -- I hope you're at peace, little girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judge just sentenced Kyle Parker to 60 years for murder, 16 for kidnapping, to be served together. A slew of other charges were dropped, including all rape and sexual assault charges.

He does not even have to register as a sex offender.

Judge just sentenced Kyle Parker to 60 years for murder, 16 for kidnapping, to be served together. A slew of other charges were dropped, including all rape and sexual assault charges.

He does not even have to register as a sex offender.

Wtf? I think it is imperative he register, if he has a chance of ever getting out.

Wtf? I think it is imperative he register, if he has a chance of ever getting out.

Prosecutor said he would likely end up serving 75% of the 60 year sentence.

Yep. Made me sick to hear that stipulation while I was following and thought judge surely wouldn't accept the plea agreement.

Maybe this thinks if he doesn't have to register his fellow inmates won't know about his crime?

My friend's son, when he was 17, slept with a girl who was 14 (2 weeks shy of her 15th birthday). She freaked out and told her father she'd been raped. Long story short, he was charged with statutory rape - and I believe that was correct. The prosecutor got the charges upped to rape and because my friend's son has always been in trouble (drinking, smoking pot, nothing violent EVER) he was actually convicted of rape and sentenced to 10 years. He served four years, and is now a registered sex offender.

So now I read this pled specifically to avoid any sexual charges, and I'm physically sick. What he did to that poor baby and there in essence is no record of it. In the eyes of the law, it never happened.

That being said, and I'm sure I'll take massive heat for this, I still think avoiding a trial and therefore avoiding ANY possibility this scum could have walked on a technicality or that a juror might have suffered from a bleeding heart and shown him mercy, is justice.

He will serve many years, and with a little karma, perhaps he'll suffer prison justice.

I can't say I trust our justice system to get things right, too many unknowns. I used to believe but then there was OJ and JonBenet and Casey Anthony and I'd rather have him locked away than out in the world.

The day will come he will meet his Maker, and then true justice will be done upon him. And it will be eternal.

All IMO. Sorry for the rant.

this monster will be eligible to get out when he is 65. No doubt he will hurt another child

I forgot to mention he also has to pay $283 in court costs.

www.indystar.com

More than 30 hours later,
Shaylyn's body was found
next to a tree in an isolated, rural patch of land where the White River and Indian Creek meet, just outside of Gosport. Prosecutors quickly filed charges against Parker, who was a friend of one of Shaylyn's family members, and was in the home that night.
The pathologist who examined the body of Shaylyn — who was last seen by family members sleeping in her crib with a Winnie the Pooh blanket — said the slaying was the "worst case of sexual trauma" she had seen in her career.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back