GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe that the media only released excerpts from the PC, they must have been able to get it before it was sealed. With all of the conflicting reports we've gotten, I'd prefer to read it firsthand. I'm sure the content is terrible, but it would be most accurate, imo.

I don't think the probable cause doc has been sealed, just whatever was discussed during the unscheduled hearing. A little more info has come out:

Court records show Owen County Circuit Court Judge Lori Thatcher Quillen granted the order sealing the records from last week's unscheduled hearing after Kyle Parker's public defender and prosecutors agreed they should not be made public.

Security issues regarding the detention of the 22-year-old Spencer man were discussed during the hearing, The (Bloomington) Herald-Times reported.
On April 7, Quillen granted a request by Parker's public defender for his client to undergo a psychological evaluation and authorized police to transfer him to the Indiana Department of Correction "for assessment and classification."

A Muncie-based psychologist who examines defendants to determine their competence was contacted to assess Parker, but DOC spokesman Doug Garrison said those plans apparently changed and Parker was not transferred for the evaluation.

Owen County Sheriff Sam said Parker has been under close watch by jail staff amid concerns he might harm himself.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/news/s...-of-Indiana-man-accused-of-killing-1-year-old

So maybe it was just about security measures for Kyle. I don't know why the evaluation has been put on hold though. Maybe he's been getting death threats from inmates?

kammiemc [B said:
[/B]What is especially alarming in KP's case is that he had to have known he would be the #1 suspect and likely caught. Life over. And yet, even that was not enough to quash his desire to live out his fantasy.
SBM
I ran this baby's scenario by my son who is single and close to perp's age. He has married buddy's with young children and visits them often.
My question was ..what reason would you have to take your friends baby girl from her home at 3 in the morning ever? After a very long think, he could not come up with a legitimate reason ..said what this took her for was what is was ...premeditated pervert in action.
I believe he is right on with his theory and I pray for justice for this dear baby girl.

SBM
I ran this baby's scenario by my son who is single and close to perp's age. He has married buddy's with young children and visits them often.
My question was ..what reason would you have to take your friends baby girl from her home at 3 in the morning ever? After a very long think, he could not come up with a legitimate reason ..said what this took her for was what is was ...premeditated pervert in action.
I believe he is right on with his theory and I pray for justice for this dear baby girl.

Makes a lot of sense that your son couldn't think of a reason. That's because, IMO, one does not exist. Regardless of the age of the person taking someone else's baby out of their home in the wee hours. KP could have been 37, 52 or 86 and it still wouldn't make sense.

I think that even if a parent left unexpectedly at 3 AM with a baby the other parent would be chasing them down the street thinking (appropriately so, IMO) that it was an emergency or something terrible was occurring.

Does anyone know where the autopsy report is? I saw it a bit back but now don't know which page it was on. Thanks

Does anyone know where the autopsy report is? I saw it a bit back but now don't know which page it was on. Thanks
I must have missed the autopsy report. Maybe I blocked it? Let me know if you find it again. As much as I'd hate to read it...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Search warrant issued for Facebook records in Shaylyn Ammerman case

A search warrant request was filed Tuesday in Owen County Circuit Court for the Facebook records of eight people connected to Ammerman. Those individuals include her mother and father, Jessica Mae Stewart and Justin Ammerman, her paternal grandmother Tamera Sue Morgan, and Kyle Parker – the man accused of sexually assaulting and killing her.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...for-facebook-records-in-shaylyn-ammerman-case

I don't believe we have seen the actual autopsy report. The charging docs referenced it. I remember that. The ME, trained in pediatric sexual assault cases, said it was the worst she had ever seen in her career.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...for-facebook-records-in-shaylyn-ammerman-case

Wow, thanks for that, pink! I was beginning to think we wouldn't hear anything else until the end of May. From your link:

A search warrant request was filed Tuesday in Owen County Circuit Court for the Facebook records of nine people connected to Ammerman. Those individuals include her mother and father, Jessica Mae Stewart and Justin Ammerman, her paternal grandmother Tamera Sue Morgan, and Kyle Parker – the man accused of sexually assaulting and killing her.

So who are the other 5? I can make a guess on a couple but am :dunno: on the others. I won't name names anyway though since family is off limits.

Possibly those of friends and family of KP are the other unnamed individuals.

I was just coming to post this, 9 people? What do you think this could be about?

I was just coming to post this, 9 people? What do you think this could be about?

Hmmm, I was wondering the same. I mean, we already have the killer. Maybe to prove negligence, child endangerment?

Hmmm, I was wondering the same. I mean, we already have the killer. Maybe to prove negligence, child endangerment?

Could be, all I can think is that 'party' that did or didn't happen.

d82a4302cc430b999f858894f5da26cf.jpg

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.. Interesting!

You have to have probable cause to issue a search warrant, correct? They can't just issue it to see if there's anything there, they need to have a good reason. Is that right?

I wonder if Kyle is talking now...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Wow.. Interesting!

You have to have probable cause to issue a search warrant, correct? They can't just issue it to see if there's anything there, they need to have a good reason. Is that right?

I wonder if Kyle is talking now...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Correct. Very interested to know what it is!

Wow, thanks for that, pink! I was beginning to think we wouldn't hear anything else until the end of May. From your link:

A search warrant request was filed Tuesday in Owen County Circuit Court for the Facebook records of nine people connected to Ammerman. Those individuals include her mother and father, Jessica Mae Stewart and Justin Ammerman, her paternal grandmother Tamera Sue Morgan, and Kyle Parker – the man accused of sexually assaulting and killing her.

So who are the other 5? I can make a guess on a couple but am :dunno: on the others. I won't name names anyway though since family is off limits.
Wow. What a twist! I was hoping this was coming though. IMO there was more to what happened and those at house knew more than what they were saying.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Probable cause on some kind of legitimate suspicion = search warrants. I don't think any of us who followed this from the start are the least bit surprised. I think we were all more surprised there was only one arrest.

moo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper