GUILTY IN - Sherry Loehrlein, 52, slain, daughters injured, Darmstadt, 23 Jan 2017 *Spouse Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could be. I was just thinking that for someone to murder another person there is usually a criminal history.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
No always. When in an abusive home you don't really realize sometimes that things should be anything other than they are. Violence is often hidden as well as other crimes. Usually threats if law is called and all measures are taken to avoid that kind of contact. Fear.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

So what happened at the 1/30 hearing?? Any "new" hearings schedule??

TIA!

I found this for the March hearing....

http://www.14news.com/story/3463930...d-in-wifes-death-makes-first-court-appearance

EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) - The Evansville man charged with the murder of his wife and attacking his two daughters was in court Wednesday.
Loehrlein appeared in Judge Robert Pigman's court via video conference.
His appearance was short and his attorney said he received all of the evidence in the case from the prosecutor's office.
He told the judge he needed time to review it.

very short article - nothing about the next hearing date.

:bump:

Wondering what's going on with this case?? :dunno:

Anyone?

Google Alert - sharing....

http://www.tristatehomepage.com/new...n-trial-date-pushed-back-to-january/827132855

A Vanderburgh County man accused of killing his wife and attacking his daughters has had his trial date pushed back until 2018.

Clint Loehrlein was originally scheduled to go to trial on October 30.

The decision was made to move that date to February 12 due to more time being needed by Loehrlein's attorney.

:bump: up for trial that starts Monday, February 12th:

*Trial set to begin - IN - Sherry Loehrlein (52) killed, daughters Nicole & Cynthia (20s) injured (Jan. 23, 2017) - Clint Lehrlein (54) charged with murder, attempted murder, 2 counts of aggravated battery w/firearm (level 3 felony) & resisting LE (Class A Misdemeanor); No bond. Trial was delayed from Oct. 30th.

Anyone following this case?? If you are - I can't seem to search for any twitter accounts that might have this going.

Anyone??? TIA! :wave:

I tried a different search engine - duckduckgo - and found an article from January about this, but otherwise, no one on twitter seems to be following this case....

Loehrlein seeks insanity defense
http://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/loehrlein-seeks-insanity-defense/924218010

article from Jan. 18, 2018

A Vanderburgh County man accused of killing his wife and attacking his twin daughters intends to seek an insanity defense at trial.
[.....]
Clint Loehrelin is still scheduled to stand trial February 12th.
[.....]
Although, certain preparations will have to be made by both sides now that Loehrlein, and his attorney, intend to use the insanity defense.

I went back to the first posts and tried every one of the newspaper links that were posted and NONE of them have an update on this trial that's going on!!

I wonder why?

I'm guessing all these reporters from the various newspapers are not following this trial, otherwise I would think they would have an update on what's going on....

Already on it's 11th day (tomorrow) IF it is going on. :dunno:

Anyone in Indiana know?? TIA!

Well, I finally got a link to the court dockets for this case. Looks like Loehrlein has to be evaluated by doctors re his "insanity plea" defense. Here's what I found:

Monday, February 12th:
*Trial was to start - delayed - IN - Sherry Loehrlein (52) killed, daughters Nicole & Cynthia (20s) injured (Jan. 23, 2017) - Clint Loehrlein (54) (husband/father) charged with murder, attempted murder, 2 counts of aggravated battery w/firearm (level 3 felony) & resisting LE (Class A Misdemeanor); No bond. Going for insanity defense.
02/07/2018: Hearing Journal Entry: Comes now Dr. Donna Culley and informs the Court the Deft has a forensic evaluation schedule for 2/22/18.

02/09/2018: Hearing Journal Entry: Deft having moved for evaluations to be completed, trial date of 2-12-2018 is vacated. Progress date on evaluations set for 4-4-2018 at 2:00 p.m.

02/14/2018: Hearing Scheduling Activity: Review Hearing originally scheduled on 04/04/2018 at 2:00 PM was rescheduled to 04/02/2018 at 2:00 PM. Reason: By Request.

02/16/2018: Hearing Journal Entry: Comes now Dr. Parker and informs the Court his interview is scheduled for April 3, 2018.

04/02/2018: Review Hearing: Session: 04/04/2018 2:00 PM, Rescheduled

Monday, April 2nd:
*Review Hearing (Insanity Plea) (@ 2pm ET) - IN - Sherry Loehrlein (52) killed, daughters Nicole & Cynthia (20s) injured (Jan. 23, 2017) - Clinton Loehrlein (54) (husband/father) charged with murder, attempted murder, 2 counts of aggravated battery w/firearm (level 3 felony) & resisting LE (Class A Misdemeanor); No bond. Going for insanity defense.
02/14/2018: Hearing Scheduling Activity: Review Hearing originally scheduled on 04/04/2018 at 2:00 PM was rescheduled to 04/02/2018 at 2:00 PM. 02/16/2018: Hearing Journal Entry: Dr. Parker interview is scheduled for April 3, 2018.

Tuesday, April 3rd:
*Review Hearing continues (Insanity Plea) (@ 2pm ET) - IN - Sherry Loehrlein (52) killed, daughters Nicole & Cynthia (20s) injured (Jan. 23, 2017) - Clinton Loehrlein (54) (husband/father) charged with murder, attempted murder, 2 counts of aggravated battery w/firearm (level 3 felony) & resisting LE (Class A Misdemeanor); No bond. Going for insanity defense.
02/16/2018: Hearing Journal Entry: Dr. Parker interview is scheduled for April 3, 2018.

Darmstadt man accused of murdering wife scheduled for trial
https://www.courierpress.com/story/...wife-attacking-daughters-trial-set/478463002/

EVANSVILLE, Ind. - A new trial date has been set for a Vanderburgh County man accused of attacking his wife and daughters in their Darmstadt home.

Clint Loehrlein, 55, is scheduled to go to trial Aug. 27 in Vanderburgh Superior Court. During a hearing Monday, the court scheduled Loehrlein's final pretrial conference for 2 p.m. May 2.
[.....]
He was scheduled to go to trial Feb. 12, but that date was canceled.

Wednesday, May 2nd:
*Review Hearing (@ 2pm ET) - IN - Sherry Loehrlein (52) killed, daughters Nicole & Cynthia (20s) injured (Jan. 23, 2017) - Clinton Loehrlein (54) (husband/father) charged with murder, attempted murder, 2 counts of aggravated battery w/firearm (level 3 felony) & resisting LE (Class A Misdemeanor); No bond. Going for insanity defense. 4/3/18 found sane. Today's hearing re Doctor's evaluation report. Trial starts August 27th.

Update in red

Wednesday, May 2nd:
*Review Hearing (@ 2pm ET) - IN - Sherry Loehrlein (52) killed, daughters Nicole & Cynthia (20s) injured (Jan. 23, 2017) - Clinton Loehrlein (54) (husband/father) charged with murder, attempted murder, 2 counts of aggravated battery w/firearm (level 3 felony) & resisting LE (Class A Misdemeanor); No bond. Going for insanity defense. 4/3/18 found sane. Today's hearing re Doctor's evaluation report. Trial starts August 27th.
5/2/18 update: Trial set affirmed to start August 27th at 8am; reserved for 1 week.

I'll keep checking the site to see if he has another hearing before his trial. :eek:nline:

Wednesday, May 2nd:
*Review Hearing (@ 2pm ET) - IN - Sherry Loehrlein (52) killed, daughters Nicole & Cynthia (20s) injured (Jan. 23, 2017) - Clinton Loehrlein (54) (husband/father) charged with murder, attempted murder, 2 counts of aggravated battery w/firearm (level 3 felony) & resisting LE (Class A Misdemeanor); No bond. Going for insanity defense. Hearing today re Dr.’s eval report. Trial set to begin August 27th.
5/2/18 update: Trial set affirmed to start August 27th at 8am; reserve for 1 week.
Had Competency hearing on 5/9. No further dates on court site except trial on 8/27/18.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back