GUILTY IN - Skylea Carmack, 10, Gas City, Grant County, 31 Aug 2019 *stepmom arrested* *appeal filed 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lavender bolding mine

Well-- are the kids now returned to the stepmother ?
Was the teen brother taken into foster care as well ?

Might be too soon to wonder-- but was stepmom somewhat overwhelmed with 7 children and didn't always keep a close eye on all of them ?

If I recall correctly, this teen brother might be living with the mom or, at least possibly not at the same home Skylea lives at. He was standing around the mother during that video, and he doesn't have the same name as his sister, so that makes me think that they might not have the same father.

Stacey Brandenburg said she doesn’t think her daughter is in Gas City anymore. She hopes police and others move the search elsewhere.

“I made it to Louisiana at 12 years old by myself, so if I can do that, she can make it anywhere,” said Brandenburg.

No sign of missing Gas City 10-year-old after 3rd day of searching

It's like I said, the adults in this little girls life are $57#@!!

So Dad is at work Saturday, step-mom, Skylea and six other kids are at home. Reportedly Skylea is in trouble and that's the reason they think she ran away.

Normally goes to Grandma's house, but not this time. Reportedly last seen in the home by step-mom around 4 PM. But wasn't reported missing until 10:00 PM? Wonder what time Dad got off that day?

I think it's pretty clear, by now that this family is a bit troubled. Which doesn't exactly mean that all of the adults were unfit to care for the children, or that there was abuse in those homes. BUT, by looking around the social media of an adult that lives in Skylea's home, it does seem like this poor girl wasn't welcome there.
Her father said she was grounded and that's why he thinks she ran away. Mom seems to believe that she ran away too. I belive it was her father who reported her missing, most likely when he got home from work. Which is very sad, so, if dad only got home from work at 2 A.M., the other adult in the house wouldn't have called the police? I can't imagine not calling the police for my child, no matter how my times they have ran away, a child is a child and a 10-year-old has no business being out that late by herself. This is not okay.

Stacey Brandenburg said she doesn’t think her daughter is in Gas City anymore. She hopes police and others move the search elsewhere.

“I made it to Louisiana at 12 years old by myself, so if I can do that, she can make it anywhere,” said Brandenburg.

No sign of missing Gas City 10-year-old after 3rd day of searching

It's like I said, the adults in this little girls life are $57#@!!

So Dad is at work Saturday, step-mom, Skylea and six other kids are at home. Reportedly Skylea is in trouble and that's the reason they think she ran away.

Normally goes to Grandma's house, but not this time. Reportedly last seen in the home by step-mom around 4 PM. But wasn't reported missing until 10:00 PM? Wonder what time Dad got off that day?
Lav. Bolding mine

Wait, what ?

So, at 12 years old--- was she on foot and made it from IN to LA with a pillow and a blanket ?

Does this person think Skylea's out there hitchhiking ?
What a strange statement. Smh.

Lav. Bolding mine

Wait, what ?

So, at 12 years old--- was she on foot and made it from IN to LA with a pillow and a blanket ?

Does this person think Skylea's out there hitchhiking ?
What a strange statement. Smh.
I wonder if her mother is being more precise with LE about needing to search for S beyond Gas City. How does she think S got to new places, walking ?

Police and family search for 10-year-old girl missing 3 days
Their public pleas for help aren't producing many tips.

Tuesday, her father was busy printing flyers and supporting friends and relatives searching for Skylea.

"Hoping she is with somebody," Kevin Carmack said. "We don't want to think the worst. We are trying to stay optimistic."

While he is hopeful, he is also scared.

"Could she have met somebody who said you can stay with me, things will be better?" Carmack said. "I can't think of anybody."

Skylea was last seen Saturday afternoon at her Gas City home. One of seven children, she wasn't missed until hours later.

More at link

It's possible that the stepmom didn't indeed notice that Skylea was gone until hours later because they have 7 children and Skylea is 10, so not a baby anymore. 7 children is a lot to handle and time just could fly by.

MOO.
I guess it is possible but her father thinks she left upset, because she had been grounded. If that is so then I suspect there was a commotion and her step mother would be aware of where she was.
Also, she would have been missing over dinner time, seems her absence would have been noticed at the dinner table.

I guess it is possible but her father thinks she left upset, because she had been grounded. If that is so then I suspect there was a commotion and her step mother would be aware of where she was.
Also, she would have been missing over dinner time, seems her absence would have been noticed at the dinner table.
From previous link above.
"Detectives interviewed her siblings and parents and didn't find any problems to lead her to take off."

ETA This concerns me. It contradicts what we're hearing from dad whose relying on what stepmom told him IMO.

It is never a good sign when bedding is missing along with the missing person. And homeschooling is often used to hide abuse. Who was the last independent person to see Skylea? And when?
I don't think bedding was missing. It was said she MAY have taken a small blanket with her. In my mind its perhaps a throw size.

Also from WMTV 27
"Marianne Fishbaugh and Mark Wilson foundation for special needs children is doing a prayer candle light for safe return of Skylea Carmack at Gas City Park by play ground friday at 8 pm.please come join us."

She at least has one brother who looks to be teens. I believe he is interviewed in the first video on the WMTV Facebook page. He talks about how if someone finds her and she doesn’t respond, to tell her that her big brother is looking for her, and that if she knows her big brother is looking for her she’ll come out.
That brother lived with biological mom. Kids in house with step mom and skylea according to her Facebook page from this summer was 8-13 with 3 of them being 10 years old

Several things jump out at me from this article.
1. If her stepmother and 6 siblings saw her leave with a blanket, pillow and backpack why didn't they stop her or follow her or call someone to come stay with the young kids while they followed her.
2. If she had done this before and the police had checked the previous places, what kind of places were they? Was it a neighbors shed or did she go to a persons/friend/family members home. In other words did she run to a person or run to hide.
3. When she did this before what direction did she go, toward the park and the river or the opposite direction into more homes?
Things to ponder.

Oh, and one more thing, if she is hiding and afraid to come out as the father suggests where is she getting food and drink?

One million likes!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back