GUILTY IN - Skylea Carmack, 10, Gas City, Grant County, 31 Aug 2019 *stepmom arrested* *appeal filed 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The absence of a parent in the media asking for help is concerning to me. The local Indianapolis and Ft Wayne stations are certainly covering what little there is to cover. I 69 runs N-S thru this area, several truck stops and the like.

From the PD FB page comments- it seems mother is perhaps non-custodial.
This page WDTV 27 has several videos of searches and parents, brother speaking.
WMTV Channel 27, Marion

ETA this link for family speaking Update on The Missing Girl from Gas City

Google Maps
This is the area the Silver Alert says is the last place she was seen. As I went up and down the streets using Google Street view I was struck by the number of small storage sheds in back years.
I also was struck by how open the streets were etc. it seems she would have been noticed at 4 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon since it wouldn't have been dark and it seems that there are plenty of homes, close together. MOO MOO

If LE has no idea what happened to her, and consider her missing and not abducted, why is she considered to be in extreme danger and may require medical attention? Do they know of a preexisting medical condition?
Do you think they added the extreme danger and may need medical attention in order to get the silver alert activated statewide? I mean if a 10 year old girl is missing for long she could then be in extreme danger and need medical attention IMO.

Not reported in MSM. The blanket she is reported to have been carrying has a puzzle piece design to it that is connected to autism awareness. It may have been a sign of her and her family's support not that she is autistic. It is confusing.
At the WNTV 27 links I posted above, the mother has commented several times. She said Skylea is not autistic.

WMTV Channel 27, Marion
Report on there that the remaining children have been removed from the home by CPS for a week pending investigation. Also, that will give father and stepmother opportunity to help search for the child.
Never heard of that before. MOO MOO
Dad's home or Mom's home? Or both?

NM I see it's from Dad's home.

WMTV Channel 27, Marion
Report on there that the remaining children have been removed from the home by CPS for a week pending investigation. Also, that will give father and stepmother opportunity to help search for the child.
Never heard of that before. MOO MOO
On the earlier video when Mom was asked how she learned Skylea was missing, she said when LE contacted her. I would've thought Dad would've contacted Mom soon after he realized she was missing to see if she was there or if her Mom had heard from her.

BBM
That’s worrying.
BBM
That’s worrying.
I agree. She also left with a pillow, her blanket and some stuffed animals per the father. He also asked people to check sheds and to watch their own children to see if they are congregating around a shed or out building because she may be there.
It sounds, from his point of view, that she has run away for some reason.

BBM
That’s worrying.

Also, that will give father and stepmother opportunity to help search for the child.”

This is the part I can’t say I’ve heard before, “going to stay with CPS so they can search”...@katydid23 , @MsMarple, @MsFacetious , @oceanblueeyes , @Gardener1850 , and @everyone else for that matter, have any of you heard this specific phrasing before? Are there not any family members, say aunties or uncles or grandparents or even close friends? Why CPS? Just to make sure they’re in good hands while the parents “search”? Sounds weird to me, the phrasing of it, moo.

Last edited:
I agree. She also left with a pillow, her blanket and some stuffed animals per the father. He also asked people to check sheds and to watch their own children to see if they are congregating around a shed or out building because she may be there.
It sounds, from his point of view, that she has run away for some reason.

I hope they’ve checked vehicle trunks. Sometimes that happens unfortunately...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back