GUILTY IN - Skylea Carmack, 10, Gas City, Grant County, 31 Aug 2019 *stepmom arrested* *appeal filed 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, that will give father and stepmother opportunity to help search for the child.”

This is the part I can’t say I’ve heard before, “going to stay with CPS so they can search”...@katydid23 , @MsMarple, @MsFacetious , @oceanblueeyes , @Gardener1850 , and @everyone else for that matter, have any of you heard this specific phrasing before? Are there not any family members, say aunties or uncles or grandparents or even close friends? Why CPS? Just to make sure they’re in good hands while the parents “search”? Sounds weird to me, the phrasing of it, moo.

No, this is very unusual.

CPS needs a justification to remove the children, and they don’t run a babysitting service.

If the family wanted to free up time to search, they could give the kids to other family or friends.

This wouldn’t have been their choice.

Authorities in Indiana have issued a statewide SILVER Alert for a 10-year-old girl who reportedly vanished on Saturday.

The Gas City Police Department said in a Facebook post on Monday that they, along with Indiana State Police and other agencies, plan to conduct “specialized searches” for Skylea Carmack. Police said she was last seen at 4 p.m. in the 200 block of East South D Street in Gas City.

According to WXIN, Carmack was described as being 5 feet tall, weighing roughly 100 pounds, and wearing a black shirt depicting the video game characters Mario and Luigi, and black pants.

Anyone with information regarding Skylea Carmack’s whereabouts should call the Gas City Police Department at 765-674-2278 or the Indiana State Police at 765-473-6666.

URGENT MISSING! SILVER Alert issued for girl feared to be in extreme danger

Skylea-Carmack.jpg

Also, that will give father and stepmother opportunity to help search for the child.”

This is the part I can’t say I’ve heard before, “going to stay with CPS so they can search”...@katydid23 , @MsMarple, @MsFacetious , @oceanblueeyes , @Gardener1850 , and @everyone else for that matter, have any of you heard this specific phrasing before? Are there not any family members, say aunties or uncles or grandparents or even close friends? Why CPS? Just to make sure they’re in good hands while the parents “search”? Sounds weird to me, the phrasing of it, moo.
Well keep in mind this hasn't been confirmed by LE publicly. I think the children were probably removed but this is coming from the father whose home they were removed from. I'd like to hear from LE if they were removed as a favor so Dad and Mom can search.

I have not seen the phrasing of "specialized searches" as mentioned by LE. Does anyone know what this means or what precisely they do? Does it have to do with areas or techniques or particular personnel?

My guess is that these are searches conducted by law enforcement, probably with the use of dogs and drones.

As opposed to searches conducted by volunteers.

I have not seen the phrasing of "specialized searches" as mentioned by LE. Does anyone know what this means or what precisely they do? Does it have to do with areas or techniques or particular personnel?
It sounds to me like the public won't be involved in the searches now JMO. From GCPD facebook. Gas City Police Department

We would like to sincerely thank each and every person who volunteered to help pass out fliers. The Gas City Police Department, Indiana State Police, Grant County Sheriff's Office as well as Officers from other agencies will be conducting specialized searches. We will let the public know if there is anything else you can do to help. Thank you again.

It sounds to me like the public won't be involved in the searches now JMO. From GCPD facebook. Gas City Police Department

We would like to sincerely thank each and every person who volunteered to help pass out fliers. The Gas City Police Department, Indiana State Police, Grant County Sheriff's Office as well as Officers from other agencies will be conducting specialized searches. We will let the public know if there is anything else you can do to help. Thank you again.

That’s how I’m reading that too.

It strikes me as being particularly ominous, in that they might know things we don’t.

The situation may have evolved, and not in a good way.

Who saw Skylea last at 4 PM on 8/31/2019? Her Dad/stepmom at their home or was it someone outside?
That’s a key question.

Depending on who is making this claim, it may not be a fact.

Hopefully it was an independent witness, or something that lends itself to confirmation as to the veracity of this sighting.

In this case wouldn’t the Silver Alert be used bc of a mental health or medical issue of some kind? Because that is my understanding of a Silver Alert in the case of a child. (But I may not fully understand the Silver Alert criteria.)

ETA: Reason I ask is because it seems someone- LE or parents- would mention what might be the medical issue. Ie “she needs her insulin”, etc. or that she’s Autistic (which she apparently is not). Just seems strange to me that a Silver Alert is specially issued but no info given as to what might be the medical problem.

Last edited:
In this case would the Silver Alert be used bc of a mental health or medical issue of some kind? Because that is my understanding of a Silver Alert in the case of a child. (But I may not fully understand the Silver Alert criteria.)
Silver Alert: Alert Criteria
Indiana Silver Alert Plan Criteria

1. The person must be a Missing Endangered Adult, Missing Endangered Child, High Risk Missing Person or have a mental impairment validated through a credible medical authority (Physician, Physician’s Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner):
    1. Missing Endangered Adult, I.C. 12-7-2-131.3; or
    2. Missing Endangered Child, I.C. 10-13-5-4.4; or
    3. High Risk Missing Person, I.C. 5-2-17-1
  2. There must be enough descriptive information to believe the broadcast will help.
  3. A request must be recommended by the law enforcement agency of jurisdiction.
  4. Enter the missing endangered adult, and vehicle information (if applicable), into the Indiana Data and Communications System (IDACS) / National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back