Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
gardenmom said:
I found this very interesting from one of the articles DarkKnight posted. I wonder who he is referring to about not being cooperative. Makes me wonder about A and Co. It sounds like they have a pretty good idea who did it, but they do not have anything concrete to support it.
I think they have a pretty good idea about who did this. Why they haven't been more aggressive, I don't know. Sometimes releasing more information can be an asset as someone in the public might hear it and remembers something. The best thing they can do, in my opinion, is try to make the perps nervous but making them think they are closing in on the killers. Just maybe one would start talking ahead of time to avoid the DP and turn on the other one.

Dark Knight said:
I think they have a pretty good idea about who did this. Why they haven't been more aggressive, I don't know. Sometimes releasing more information can be an asset as someone in the public might hear it and remembers something. The best thing they can do, in my opinion, is try to make the perps nervous but making them think they are closing in on the killers. Just maybe one would start talking ahead of time to avoid the DP and turn on the other one.
I have to agree DK. I feel LE knows - but can't prove it. I have seen cases based on motive w/o evidence.. Hard case to pin on someone without 'the smoking gun'. Maybe LE knows and realizes that their thoughts of person/s who killed them are not going anywhere..meaning.. they are not worried about flight and they are just waiting for right timing w/ evidence to cover themselves. I would think that LE would put a lot of heat on the person/s they feel murdered them - make the perp/s conflict their stories... catch them with a lie or two. Don't know LE's motive or movement. I think LE is on the right track tho...

Still thought i would have at least gotten a call from family members regarding the TV coverage and newspapers. Really bothers me about that.

Well, since "A" and "X" are now broken up, maybe one will turn on the other, if enough pressure is applied.

Anyone have any ideas what might shake someone up enough to get them to talk? "A" seems quite paranoid, so she might be the easiest. We need to rattle the murderers chains a bit, I think, whomever they may be. Maybe get them thinking that LE is close to solving the case?

Any ideas?

Dark Knight said:
Well, since "A" and "X" are now broken up, maybe one will turn on the other, if enough pressure is applied.

Anyone have any ideas what might shake someone up enough to get them to talk? "A" seems quite paranoid, so she might be the easiest. We need to rattle the murderers chains a bit, I think, whomever they may be. Maybe get them thinking that LE is close to solving the case?

Any ideas?
Anyone....anyone....anyone?

Dark Knight said:
Anyone....anyone....anyone?

Just a thought....Perhaps mentioning that LE knows who did it, but they know several people were involved. LE would like the less culpable party to come forward BEFORE any arrests are made so that a possible deal may be offered to that person in exchange for testimony. Once arrests are made, LE isn't sure they can offer any deals. As I said, just a thought.

mfmangel1 said:
Just a thought....Perhaps mentioning that LE knows who did it, but they know several people were involved. LE would like the less culpable party to come forward BEFORE any arrests are made so that a possible deal may be offered to that person in exchange for testimony. Once arrests are made, LE isn't sure they can offer any deals. As I said, just a thought.
That's a neat idea! Thanks for thinking of it! Anything that makes the suspects feel they are closer to being arrested would be a good thing, I think.

Dark Knight said:
That's a neat idea! Thanks for thinking of it! Anything that makes the suspects feel they are closer to being arrested would be a good thing, I think.
Was thinking about hiring PI? Family and I are pondering the thought as to maybe will get perps to think/worry? Check on a few things. Problem being - money. Everything costs and I/we have been suprised that billboard/TV coverage/newspapers did not/have not (yet) generated any new funds to the Foundation. We/husband has been incontact with an operation in FTW and thoughts were to meet up (free consultation) and see how this/they might/can help. Any thoughts on that? ANYONE? Husband feels it's a thought and I have a problem with $$$ leaving the foundation and not really getting anything done. BUT.. it just might start that worrying issue we are all talking about - making perps feel like were getting closer.??? PI said that they might be able to get the billboard rental for nothing.. If that's the case I think the rental money I already thought would be spent can go to PI for a while and see what they can do??? Maybe rattle some cages. Think LE would have problem? Make LE mad for family to hire PI? One thing I do not want to do is get in the way of PI - but I also need to have some questions I have answered - for sake of sanity within my self. Not just the who killed my dad and darleen - some other questions I have had since this whole mess.
Thoughts?

Rosco said:
Was thinking about hiring PI? Family and I are pondering the thought as to maybe will get perps to think/worry? Check on a few things. Problem being - money. Everything costs and I/we have been suprised that billboard/TV coverage/newspapers did not/have not (yet) generated any new funds to the Foundation. We/husband has been incontact with an operation in FTW and thoughts were to meet up (free consultation) and see how this/they might/can help. Any thoughts on that? ANYONE? Husband feels it's a thought and I have a problem with $$$ leaving the foundation and not really getting anything done. BUT.. it just might start that worrying issue we are all talking about - making perps feel like were getting closer.??? PI said that they might be able to get the billboard rental for nothing.. If that's the case I think the rental money I already thought would be spent can go to PI for a while and see what they can do??? Maybe rattle some cages. Think LE would have problem? Make LE mad for family to hire PI? One thing I do not want to do is get in the way of PI - but I also need to have some questions I have answered - for sake of sanity within my self. Not just the who killed my dad and darleen - some other questions I have had since this whole mess.
Thoughts?
Hello Rosco, hiring a PI is a risky business because it will be a money drain with no guarantee of a return.

The thing is you want do more than worry the guilty parties by keeping the information out there about Terry & Darleen. Wherever the guilty parties are they should be faced with a poster, a flyer or some other remembrance of the victims.

Specifically there should be posters in any local bars & pool halls and anywhere else that they're likey to hang out. It might be a better use of funds to pay for 30 second spots on radio or tv.

Talk to the LE officer dealing with the case and see what they think.

blaize

blaize said:
Hello Rosco, hiring a PI is a risky business because it will be a money drain with no guarantee of a return.

The thing is you want do more than worry the guilty parties by keeping the information out there about Terry & Darleen. Wherever the guilty parties are they should be faced with a poster, a flyer or some other remembrance of the victims.

Specifically there should be posters in any local bars & pool halls and anywhere else that they're likey to hang out. It might be a better use of funds to pay for 30 second spots on radio or tv.

Talk to the LE officer dealing with the case and see what they think.

blaize
Thanks for your thoughts blaize.

I've have posted flyers and and posters all over already. Been doing that ever since murders. All over the Mongo/Sturgis/Angola areas. Billboard is another means of my efforts for public to stay aware. I've even been on TV and radio and front page newspapers. Just thought that it would have generated more attention to the Foundation. Nothing yet.

Just think that maybe another type of area to search. I understand that it might be a waste of money.. but it also might start people to worry? Does not appear that my flyers, posters, billboard or coverage really has generated anything.. Still a bit early as it was only last weekend.. but I just thought I would have received something for the foundation and/or call/email regarding the efforts and/or raise foundation.. and I didn't receive anything.

Still pondering the thought.

Rosco said:
Thanks for your thoughts blaize.

I've have posted flyers and and posters all over already. Been doing that ever since murders. All over the Mongo/Sturgis/Angola areas. Billboard is another means of my efforts for public to stay aware. I've even been on TV and radio and front page newspapers. Just thought that it would have generated more attention to the Foundation. Nothing yet.

Just think that maybe another type of area to search. I understand that it might be a waste of money.. but it also might start people to worry? Does not appear that my flyers, posters, billboard or coverage really has generated anything.. Still a bit early as it was only last weekend.. but I just thought I would have received something for the foundation and/or call/email regarding the efforts and/or raise foundation.. and I didn't receive anything.

Still pondering the thought.
You may need to be patient regarding people coming forward and finding their way to the foundation. You'll never really know if the publicity works unless someone actually contacts LE with info and you won't know that unless LE tells you.

You might consider auctioning a few items on ebay to generate some money for the foundation or having a garage sale or a bake sale.

Garage & bake sales are very local but do give people a chance to connect with you personally as the face of the foundation and make some $$ for the foundation too. Anyway just a few thoughts.

blaize

blaize said:
You may need to be patient regarding people coming forward and finding their way to the foundation. You'll never really know if the publicity works unless someone actually contacts LE with info and you won't know that unless LE tells you.

You might consider auctioning a few items on ebay to generate some money for the foundation or having a garage sale or a bake sale.

Garage & bake sales are very local but do give people a chance to connect with you personally as the face of the foundation and make some $$ for the foundation too. Anyway just a few thoughts.

blaize
Yea being patient... have to have plenty of that 'schtuff' to deal with this.

I/we had the Iron Man Musky outing in June that generated funds and just Sept I had a benefit by my place - that generate more. That was how I was able to actually rent the billboard and have the 2,000 reward.

Yea - need to generate more money (raise). Have not Ebay yet... not sure how to do that...but maybe I can do something else that won't be so much of my personal time. The benefit I/we had this past Sept was just so much work...and I work full-time and have a family to take care of after work...so it really took all of my personal time on weekends and evenings.. It was very hard work planning and preparing - but totally worth it once it was finished ...cuz it generated a lot of funds for the foundation.

I'll have to think of something 'creative' to raise more for the foundation. Also.. maybe wait and see what might happen - see if something does generate from the billboard or site.

I am up for any other ideas!

It sounds like some of the publicity might be paying off. Please pray so!

Also, "A" is now pregnant. And she should be getting her parents house back since the renter is leaving.

Things might be getting interesting....

Is there anything specific you can share with us Dark Knight? You can PM me if you don't want it public.

gardenmom said:
Is there anything specific you can share with us Dark Knight? You can PM me if you don't want it public.
LE is being very tight lipped. So no specifics, really. But some leads are reportedly being generated, at least.

Dark Knight said:
LE is being very tight lipped. So no specifics, really. But some leads are reportedly being generated, at least.
It's possible due to 'A' being PG that it might cause loose lips and maybe angry feelings with 'X'. I think the moving back into the house is a big thing... since there has been ill feelings with 'A' and the tenant - who remember is/was one of 'X's close and personal friends. Still can't understand how/why someone would move into the home 3 weeks after a double murder took place AND moving into the home of the parents of your "really good friend's" and one was beaten in that same living room - you know where you watch TV.... unless not in fear. But some humans are really cold souls and no heart...

It would totally bother everyone and anyone I know in my lifetime.

The billboard is generating some emails from friends of Dad and Darleen - just wanting to say sorry for loss and they/all still pray for closure. It's not generating any funds for foundation - but maybe in time.

Hard time this month. Every Nov is opening deer season and always has been a holiday for me and dad. Would save vacation time and spend the opening day and celebrate thanksgiving with everyone while we were visting.
REALLY SUCKS....

Rosco said:
It's possible due to 'A' being PG that it might cause loose lips and maybe angry feelings with 'X'. I think the moving back into the house is a big thing... since there has been ill feelings with 'A' and the tenant - who remember is/was one of 'X's close and personal friends. Still can't understand how/why someone would move into the home 3 weeks after a double murder took place AND moving into the home of the parents of your "really good friend's" and one was beaten in that same living room - you know where you watch TV.... unless not in fear. But some humans are really cold souls and no heart...

It would totally bother everyone and anyone I know in my lifetime.

The billboard is generating some emails from friends of Dad and Darleen - just wanting to say sorry for loss and they/all still pray for closure. It's not generating any funds for foundation - but maybe in time.

Hard time this month. Every Nov is opening deer season and always has been a holiday for me and dad. Would save vacation time and spend the opening day and celebrate thanksgiving with everyone while we were visting.
REALLY SUCKS....
How long has "A" been pregnant? Any idea who the dad is?

Dark Knight said:
How long has "A" been pregnant? Any idea who the dad is?
I was told in Oct she was 5 months into PG. I don't know who father might be. Assuming it's the new person in 'A's life. They live together on the property of the house. Soon to be moving into the house once renter is gone.

Happy 61st Birthday Dad.

I celebrated my 40th last week Dad. I blew out my candles and wished for closure. I know you already knew that - but I thought I would just say it. It was not really anything special without you Daddy. Wish I could share with you and to give you a hug. I can smell the Old Spice cologne you always wore lingering around me as I type. You know we always shared our birthday month together and my heart is heavy with tears of remembering past years. Watched a video the other day of one of our many visits to your house. Took me 13 1/2 months to do it. It was hard to watch you talking, riding the 4x4, splitting wood and SO ALIVE!. I watched it on my birthday. It hurt.

Wish you would have drowned or fell from a tree. I would be able to have peace in my heart today.

I miss you terribly every day.
All my love.
Your #1 Daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads