GUILTY IN - Tiffanie Adams, 20, pregnant, Sullivan, 5 November 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

that link contains an amazing amount of information:

so.... I wonder if his wife knew about the rape of his stepsister who was 12 yrs younger than him - ??

he knew about the trail camera and mysteriously the memory card goes missing?

his wife was upset when he was overdue from borrowing his friend's vehicle and was receiving texts from a number she didn't recognize....

get the handbasket I think he's going for a ride!

Boy, this story sure got twisted around quick. I'm struggling to figure out the motive here, but even after having read through the article 4 or 5 times, I'm still not getting it. I've listed a few of the questions I have below.

>A probable cause affidavit released Wednesday confirms Orr was suspected early Adams’ disappearance. That court document also states that Orr was accused of raping Adams, his stepsister, in 2013.

Why wasn't this prosecuted ? Was it even reported ? Did this information come to light during the investigation ?

>Police found that Tiffanie Adams’ mother and her husband were not at home at that time, and did not return until early afternoon.

>Police also spoke to Johnus Orr’s father and to his stepmother, who is Tiffanie Adams’ mother. They told police that they maintain a trail camera for security purposes on the front porch of their home. Orr’s father said that the SD card was stolen from the trail camera on Nov. 5, and it was replaced by someone on Nov. 6. Police said Johnus Orr knew about the trail camera.

Johnus Orr was at her mothers home at the time she walked over there. Her mother and Brian Orr were not there. Did Tiffanie know this ? Did she go over there to talk to him, knowing he was there by himself ?

Police also interviewed a man who said he let Orr use his green Chevrolet Blazer to take a person to Linton to be dropped off on Nov. 5, the day that Tiffanie Adams disappeared. When Orr had not returned the vehicle by an agreed to time, the owner of the Blazer told police he began calling and texting the Orrs’ phone. The man said he reached Orr’s wife, who also became concerned about her husband’s whereabouts. When Orr returned the Blazer to the owner at about 1:30 p.m. that afternoon, Orr reportedly said that the vehicle had broken down in the country.

When he picked up the Blazer, was Tiffanie with him? Did the guy that loaned Orr the truck see her alive and well? How far was this from her mothers residence ?

The big elephant in the middle of the room is whether or not the baby she was carrying belonged to Orr. Of course, he may have just THOUGHT it belonged to him. He was married. I would imagine having sexual relations with your step-sister either willingly or otherwise would not set well with the wife were she to find out about it.

Was this the motive...hiding his actions ? Was he trying to keep everything hidden from his wife ?
How many times did he sexually assault Tiffanie, was it just the single incident back in 2013 ?

Lot's of questions here.......not a whole lot of answers just yet. I'm sure the rumor-mills are going to be working overtime on this case.

http://www.tribstar.com/news/local_...cle_0c487d4d-dafd-5cad-a87f-898145c5e298.html

I suppose even if he **thought** the baby might be his would be enough to send him over the edge? I wonder if they did paternity testing on little Bryn.

I read that JO raped Tiffanie (something one of her friends alluded to on Tiffanie's FB page) but couldn't find any court records with his name, so I shrugged it off as rumor at the time.

He is beyond disgusting; in fact the whole family is. This is even more disturbing that Tiffanie's mother remained with the alleged perp's father. She is no better than the "mothers" we read about here on WS who commit the unspeakable of their children. At least the children didn't get to suffer through their childhoods, like Tiffanie. No words.

I HATE that her mother is not sticking up for Tiffany, but I am glad that she has a real father that is.

The fact that even at this stage, the mother is sticking up for the **** that has been arrested disgusts me! She probably knows more than she is letting on. I hope they nail her for accessory if she helped in any way!

Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom stated that they have no information to believe that anyone else was involved in the murder and that Johnus Orr is the only suspect.

However Orr's father says they have the "wrong person in jail." The coroner ruled that Adams died from strangulation..
According to a probable cause affidavit, Johnus Orr used Tiffanie's cell phone to call his wife around the time Tiffanie disappeared on November 5. "Both Tiffanie and Johnus were using Tiffanie's phone which puts them together at the time of her disappearance," the probable cause affidavit stated.

Police say that Orr did not have an alibi for his whereabouts between 11:15 a.m. and 1:31 p.m. on November 5. Orr's wife stated he had left their home around 11:15 that morning.

Bruce Adams, Tiffanie Adams' stepfather, reported her missing on November 7. Bruce told police he thought he had to wait 48 hours before reporting her missing.

Bruce Adams told police that both Tiffanie and her boyfriend were at his home the morning of November 5 when he left for the store. When he got back, Tiffanie was gone. The boyfriend said she had gone to her mother's home about 75 yards away.
Cell phone records obtained by police show that Tiffanie's cell phone called Bruce Adams' home phone but Bruce stated he, "could not make out what was going on over the phone." The probable cause then stated Tiffanie's phone called Bruce Adams' home phone again at 12:59 p.m. on Nov. 5 and he heard what he described as, "carrying on." Bruce told police it sounded like Tiffanie's phone "got snatched out of her hand."

Brian and Tiffanie's mother, Christina Orr, told police that they were not home nor had they seen Tiffanie on November 5.
Brian Orr did report that a trail camera he used for security purposes on the front porch of his home was "operational on November 5 because when he and his wife returned home at approximately 1 p.m. to retrieve tools, he noticed the camera case door was still securely fastened by a piece of wire that he had placed there. But, when Brian Orr got back around 4 p.m. the wire securing the door was missing and the SD card in the camera was gone. Police say a new card had been inserted into the camera on November 6.

Christina Orr told police she knew of allegations that Johnus Orr had raped Tiffanie when he was supposed to be giving her a ride home from a party in 2013. She also stated Johnus had previously attempted to rape her as well.

Early in the investigation, officials had requested Tiffanie's cell phone be 'pinged.' Verizon reported the the phone was in the area of County Road 300 North and County Road 175 East in Sullivan County.
On December 30, officials responded to that area after a farmer reported finding a body in a cornfield just east of County Road 325 East, just north of County Road 300 North. An autopsy was performed the following day at Terre Haute Regional Hospital and using dental records, the coroner was able to confirm the body was Tiffanie Adams.

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2...fanie-adams-was-strangled-by-step-brother.php

This poor girl lived in a cesspool of dysfunction, and apparently nobody she knew ever tried to protect her from the evilness that she was surrounded by. Note up there where I highlighted the part about Tiffanies own MOTHER saying that not only did he rape Tiffanie, but he tried to rape her as well (the mother). And yet she still stayed with the man who raised Jonas ?????

No words.............................

Well who else could it be? Jeez Louise!
:sick:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The coroner's report states that Tiffanie was 32 weeks pregnant at the time of her death and that a male fetus was viable (meaning the child could have lived on his own outside of the womb). DNA testing to prove who fathered Tiffanie Adams' child is underway, but lab results could take months.

On January 20, Johnus Orr was arrested in Sullivan County. He now faces two charges of murder. He is being held at the Sullivan County Jail with no bond.

At this time, officials are not releasing any information in regards to what the motive behind the murder was.
http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2...fanie-adams-was-strangled-by-step-brother.php

Let's all cross our fingers and hope it doesn't turn out to be who we all fear it is.

Although Johnus denied having seen Tiffanie since September, police said they have found proof to indicate otherwise. According to a probable cause affidavit prepared by ISP Det. Michael Taylor and Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom, the story unfolds as follows:

On the morning of Nov. 5, Tiffanie’s father Bruce Adams said he traveled to pick up her and her boyfriend in Vincennes, where they were living and working.

Bruce told police that shortly after they got back to his house, he went to the store.

Phone records indicate that four calls were made from Tiffanie’s cell phone to her mother Christina and stepfather Brian Orr’s phone, between 10:54 and 11:16 a.m.

Tiffanie’s boyfriend told police that she said she was heading to her mother’s house, located less than a block from her father’s. Bruce said Tiffanie was gone when he returned from the store, which he approximated was before 12:46 p.m.

Johnus’s wife allegedly said that he had left their home around 11:15 a.m.
A couple claimed that Johnus had used their vehicle to drop the man off at work and take the woman to Linton, but did not return the vehicle at the agreed-upon time.

Phone records show that Johnus allegedly texted his wife from Tiffanie’s phone seven times between 11:56 a.m. and 12:09 p.m. Meanwhile, Tiffanie allegedly called Bruce’s home landline at 12 and 12:03 p.m. Police said this established that the two were together.

Seven “pings” of Tiffanie’s cell phone were around the 600 block of West Frakes Street between 1:07 and 1:18 p.m.; two “pings” were in the area of County Road 325 East, close to where her body and the fetus were later located, at 1:23 and 1:25 p.m.; and two final “pings” were near County Road 300 North at 1:26 and 1:52 p.m.
Johnus called his wife from the vehicle owner’s phone about four minutes after the last ping, from a location around 1.4 miles from County Road 300 North.

Police reported that Bruce had received four calls from Tiffanie’s phone between 12:03 and 12:59 p.m., and that he said he heard a commotion on the other end of the line. He allegedly said he thought he heard Brian yelling in the background of one call.

Bruce reportedly told police that after that call, he headed out to Christina and Brian’s home, where he saw them walking toward their truck. He said he told them he wanted no trouble and just wanted to see Tiffanie, but they ignored him and went back into the house.

According to phone records, Bruce called Tiffanie’s phone 23 times between 12:59 and 8:03 p.m., with all going to her voicemail.

There is reportedly no one else to account for Johnus’s whereabouts between 11:15 a.m. and 1:31 p.m., when he finally returned the vehicle he was driving to its owner. Johnus allegedly said the vehicle had broken down, but the owner said he experienced no issues with it.

https://www.newsbarb.com/2015/01/22/evidence-orr-adams-missing/

This is the best timeline and series of events that I have found so far.

Thank God this guy was ignorant on the methods of tracking cell phones.

Just realized tonight that this case is WAY too close to my small circle of not quite friends/more than acquaintances (I'm an introvert, so it's a really small circle!) I am more than a little freaked out!! :eek:

http://wthitv.com/2015/09/08/defense-asking-for-change-of-venue-in-tiffanie-adams-murder-case/

"On Tuesday afternoon the defense filed a series of motions, among them a second request for change of venue...Perhaps the most significant motion surrounds Tiffanie’s cell phone...

“Many think the nearest cell tower that obviously is where the call came from and that’s not scientifically correct. Calls will go to the cell tower that’s the least used if the other tower is overloaded or busy,” said John Kessler the II, Orr’s Attorney.

“We’ll definitely file a response in opposition to that. I would believe we will be successful in getting that evidence in,” responded Sullivan County Prosecutor John Springer."

Just realized tonight that this case is WAY too close to my small circle of not quite friends/more than acquaintances (I'm an introvert, so it's a really small circle!) I am more than a little freaked out!! :eek:

http://wthitv.com/2015/09/08/defense-asking-for-change-of-venue-in-tiffanie-adams-murder-case/

"On Tuesday afternoon the defense filed a series of motions, among them a second request for change of venue...Perhaps the most significant motion surrounds Tiffanie’s cell phone...

“Many think the nearest cell tower that obviously is where the call came from and that’s not scientifically correct. Calls will go to the cell tower that’s the least used if the other tower is overloaded or busy,” said John Kessler the II, Orr’s Attorney.

“We’ll definitely file a response in opposition to that. I would believe we will be successful in getting that evidence in,” responded Sullivan County Prosecutor John Springer."

[...]
Another pre-trial conference is scheduled for October 16th.
[...]
:waiting: (impatiently) for :justice:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trial has been rescheduled for March 7th.

The cellphone found in August will be used as evidence.

http://wthitv.com/2015/10/19/the-data-recovered-is-significant-to-the-investigation-phone-found-in-lake-linked-to-tiffanie-adams-case/

New findings link a cell phone found at the bottom of a lake to Tiffanie Adams.

In late August divers recovered the phone in a lake along County Road 300. Tiffanie’s body was found just two miles from the same lake last December.

SP Sgt. Joe Watts tells News 10, “The data recovered is significant to the investigation.”

Watts is not able to release exactly what type of data was recovered, but he says the investigation is complete, and the phone has been logged into evidence for trial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back