In your opinion, why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

• Because they are truly in love.

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • To get her on his side/confidence.

Votes: 73 11.4%
  • To avoid statutory rape charges.

Votes: 177 27.7%
  • Because they think they won't have to testify against each other.

Votes: 156 24.4%
  • That Misty is maybe pregnant

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Who knows..this is too bizarre to even take a guess at.

Votes: 195 30.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I marked the one about not testifying against each other, I think that's how they convinced her mother to sign for her.

I actually think the custody issues are more likely to be the excuse, but since we are not aware that either of them have talked to an attorney, I doubt that's come to their attention.

ok then I'm going to add spousal privilege to my initial vote then. Absent any relevant connection of drugs/dealing/possession of drugs by R & M by LE to Haleigh's disappearance, they could not be compelled to testify against against one another about any drug related crimes. (unless or until a connection could be shown)

Ron was pushed, unhappily into this marriage by his mommy to spite Crystal, avoid any statutory rape charges that Misty might have used to force any issues, to avoid any custody changes that might take place, now that one of his chlldren is missing under his watch and to make him look like a nice, hard working family man.

I also believe that Ron and Misty both were involved in things that they don't want LE to know and being married, in their opinoin, will make it harder for LE to question them ala the A's "united" family.

Ron wants to make sure he looks legit, no stat. rape charges so he marries, but doesn't look thrilled about it imo.

Ron wants to retain custody - a 17 year old girlfriend who sleeps over and watches your kids doesn't sound as stable as stepmom.

It's an odd situation and everyone is so quick to jump in and defend Ron & Misty, but I say hold on!!!! Something is not right. Can't put my finger on it, but when she looks like a deer in the headlights when asked about the inconsistencies and uses the "Haylee would want us to be married because she wants me as a mommy" excuse for a hasty marriage at 17 years old - the hinky hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Stinky, stinky, stinky.

I think Misty will do what ever it takes to get him to marry her....nothing is off limits to her IMO. Looks like she did just that.....she got her man and all his attention.

If LE wants to question them about anything relating to this case, being married is not going to make a difference. They can question husband and wife separately in separate rooms, and usually do. There is no spousal privilege here, if it involves abuse of a child which happened before they were married, according to FL statutes.
And I don't think getting married now, in the middle of a missing child investigation is going to make a lot of difference to a judge if the custody issue goes to court. It might even make him look worse, because some judges will see right through that.

JMO There may be multiple reasons for the marriage.
1. Statutory rape
2. Not having to testify against one another
3. One other thought I havent seen elsewhere.........In the beginning, it may have been that Ronald doubted Misty's story. Misty may have been pushing the marriage with the idea that if Ronald really thought that Misty had nothing to do with the disappearance of Haleigh, then he should proove it by marrying her. Considering Misty is under scrutiny by LE, in her mind somebody has to believe her and stand by her side. I think the marriage is mostly due to Misty's insistence. Especially in light of all the questioning by LE and all of the reported inconsistencies with Misty's timeline/story. I have heard Ronald state that he believes that Misty is no longer a suspect. However, we know this is not the case. In other words, put your money where you mouth is. Also, even though the bio mom and bio dad were throwing accusations back and forth, the bio mom may have been a threat to Misty. Sometimes, in traumatic situations like this, couples get back together. The marriage in my opinion was pressured by the 17 year old, using typical teen age logic.

I voted: Who knows..this is too bizarre to even take a guess at.

If LE wants to question them about anything relating to this case, being married is not going to make a difference. They can question husband and wife separately in separate rooms, and usually do. There is no spousal privilege here, if it involves abuse of a child which happened before they were married, according to FL statutes.
And I don't think getting married now, in the middle of a missing child investigation is going to make a lot of difference to a judge if the custody issue goes to court. It might even make him look worse, because some judges will see right through that.
I didn't realize, until I heard it last night on NG, that there is no spousal privilege for these two, due to the timing of the kidnapping before the marriage.

As for custody, being married beats "living in sin" even if it was just rectified before court petitions begin. Correcting a "mistake" is better in the eyes of the court, than not correcting it. JMO

I think they were very aware that spousal privilege wouldn't apply...TN would know that. I think love is involved. It's clear that MC loves RC. I think RC loves MC because she has brought order to his and his kids' life. Most of all, IMO, RC is sending a significant message to certain parties.

ah, I cant vote, you dont have my answer - to stop people from gossiping or thinking they are stupid...(they are still innocent, I think)

Although I marked the one about not testifying against each other, I think that's how they convinced her mother to sign for her.

I actually think the custody issues are more likely to be the excuse, but since we are not aware that either of them have talked to an attorney, I doubt that's come to their attention.

I believe it's because of the threats of custody that he decided to marry Misty. ESPECIALLY being that she is underage. Wouldn't look good shacking up with a teenager, ya know? ;)

I think they were very aware that spousal privilege wouldn't apply...TN would know that. I think love is involved. It's clear that MC loves RC. orI think RC loves MC because she has brought der to his and his kids' life. Most of all, IMO, RC is sending a significant message to certain parties.

Brought order to their lives???? Their lives are in chaos and one of them may have ended.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991