In your opinion, why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

• Because they are truly in love.

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • To get her on his side/confidence.

Votes: 73 11.4%
  • To avoid statutory rape charges.

Votes: 177 27.7%
  • Because they think they won't have to testify against each other.

Votes: 156 24.4%
  • That Misty is maybe pregnant

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Who knows..this is too bizarre to even take a guess at.

Votes: 195 30.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote is that Ron married Misty to avoid the charges he could face due to her age
That's at least part of the reason, imo. It was even worse last fall when he turned 25 and she was still 16 (from the end of Oct. until Dec.). But nobody was paying attention to them then or maybe he could've just passed her off to CPS as a babysitter since he wasn't working the night shift then. Now that the media spotlight is on them and they've attracted LE's attention, I do think this would be an issue. MOO

A way to make the news and get paid for interviews.
Sadly, I wouldn't rule that out either. He said the trip to NY was all about getting the focus back on Haleigh but sure didn't have much to say about her during the interview, or even look directly into the camera. MOO

I think the only reason why they got married is because they knew Crystal was going to fight for custody of Jr. He knew he would loose him because he left his kids with a child and he was living . Just looks bad.

I said that in a nutshell the other day - and I still say it. I agree with you, it was done out of fear of a possible custody battle. Something about marriage gives a more 'stable' look some. Of course in my opinion, there is nothing stable about this case or some of the people involved.

I think he married her to have total control. He wasn't so sure before. He most likely assume that she will do exactly what he tells her to do. Looks she will too. This man is a walking time bomb.

I agree with this. He wants the ultimate control. I agree about the time bomb too, especially if cameras keep following him around to his tatoo parlors. And I also totally agree with the poster that said they fear for Misty's safety. Misty is the only person alive that knows what Ron did and can send him away forever. My opinion.

All of the above EXCEPT for the "first" reason.

The very first thought that came to mind when I heard of their marrying was that they are probably dumb enough to think that being married would prevent them from testifying against each other.

The very next thought was what kind of parent who's child has just gone missing can plan a wedding let alone even going through with one during a time like this?

Makes me have serious second thoughts about the innocence of both Ron & Misty.

His mother told him to do it. And, he always listens to his mom.
Yes, but why? :confused:

Usually in these mama's boy type situations the mother doesn't want girls around her baby boy, or she's at least very picky. I am completely befuzzled as to why Teresa is so accepting of this young girl who *lost* her beloved grandbaby, her baby's baby!

Something's up with this......

Well, that would go along with her nothing short of glowing remarks about Misty and how much the children love her. Interesting that a 17 y/o who dropped out of school would be such a suitable step-mother for 4 & 5 y/o children. :waitasec: MOO
Very strange indeed.

Yes, but why? :confused:

Usually in these mama's boy type situations the mother doesn't want girls around her baby boy, or she's at least very picky. I am completely befuzzled as to why Teresa is so accepting of this young girl who *lost* her beloved grandbaby, her baby's baby!

Something's up with this......

Very strange indeed.

I agree. Maybe the Mom in this case is so accepting of the young girl because Mom knows this girl is protecting her son? Until now TN's statements and information seemed to be right on que and actually make sense...As soon as all this wedding hoopla started, some of her comments seem so out of her character IMO.

IMHO... Ron has married her to keep her close, either because he needs her to continue to cover for him or he is highly suspicious of her and holds her soley responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. Ron doesn't strike me as being a very forgiving person.. I'll venture to say he will make her life a living HELL, if he doesn't "OFF" her...
My assumptions are based on what I have picked up on in reference to his actions toward her. He may have lusted after her at one time, but there isn't any love in his heart for her...
There is an old saying you can fool SOME of the people ALL the time, and ALL of the people SOME of the time , but you can't fool ALL the people ALL the time..
He may consider himself a pro at fooling people, but he isn't..He missed the mark.. He needs a good dose of reality in reference to how his OWN words and actions have proven him to be a deceiver.

I think they got wind early on that Crystal was going for custody and that pushed the wedding.
Of course that answer is not part of the poll, but it's my take on what happened and why it happened when it did.

~

MOO is that this wedding hoopla brough out her TRUE character.

I agree. I had a suspicion that she was like that all along but some of her recent statements/actions have confirmed it for me.

I agree. I had a suspicion that she was like that all along but some of her recent statements/actions have confirmed it for me.

From the beginning I found Teresa to be a bit on the passive/aggressive side. And over the last couple of weeks that has just exploded with some of her comments.

I do agree she is a very sympathetic character- and I think she is genuinely devastated that Haleigh is missing. Her tears and sadness are tangible- but just like Cindy Anthony, she is going to protect her son above all else, including finding Haleigh.

Actually, I would have voted for 'all of the above' and added some more!

No doubt. After seeing everyone's excellent input and seeing the few I missed as well......its a potpourri of reasons.

I think he married her to have total control. He wasn't so sure before. He most likely assume that she will do exactly what he tells her to do. Looks she will too. This man is a walking time bomb.

You can just tell Ron is full of anger. There is a lot of rage just below the surface and when it explodes Misty will be in the direct line of fire.

I fully believe he knows more than he is telling. In the beginning I wasn't so sure, but now I am convinced.

I'm not even sure what to say about Misty. She knows what happened to Haleigh. I'm sure LE thinks she knows something. Why else would they yell at her during questioning?

You can just tell Ron is full of anger. There is a lot of rage just below the surface and when it explodes Misty will be in the direct line of fire.

I fully believe he knows more than he is telling. In the beginning I wasn't so sure, but now I am convinced.

I'm not even sure what to say about Misty. She knows what happened to Haleigh. I'm sure LE thinks she knows something. Why else would they yell at her during questioning?

I'm thinking LE knows she is the weakest link in that chain...She'll be easier to break...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member