"incestuous" images found on JP's computer in Utah

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Didn't one of SP's adult sons answer the door naked when they served the search warrant? Did I dream that? :sick:

Re: the images found on the computer, our local news (KCPQ) described them as "extremely realistic." Not anime or anything like that apparently.

Ed Troyer told Peter Alexander on TODAY the *advertiser censored* depicted parent/child sex:(
and the photos were very lifelike. Also somone saw JP dumping something secret at a local landfill. There is also a pic of JP at the bank.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/46340067#null

This piece was a prelude to tonights Dateline.

wm

JP's brother-in-law said he hopes they'll never be a Charlie and Braden Law because Josh was determined to do what he was going to do! :banghead: Why don't the Powells just shut up? They keep saying the most infuriating things. I would expect the family to be begging for changes to be made where children would be protected from this sort of thing. There are no words. At least no words I can type here.

:please: Help me, please.

I think I would be owning a couple agenices when I got thru sueing.

This is inexcusable....2 years knowing and yet you put those boys in harms way.....

simply inexcusable.

What do you think is the real issue why these high profile case slipped through so many cracks and the whole world was even watching? Was it a backlash to the media? Being overly cautious due to lawsuits and laws? It's a lack of funds, LE and detectives? What could be possibly the problem?
The Cox did the right thing. They knew what Josh was capable of. I really wish the courts would have but out of the visitation issues until a full investigation occurred.
the Cox are good law abiding people who trusted the courts to protect the boys. the courts let them down.

JP's brother said he hopes they'll never be a Charlie and Braden Law because Josh was determined to do what he was going to do! :banghead: Why don't the Powells just shut up? They keep saying the most infuriating things. I would expect the family to be begging for changes to be made where children would be protected from this sort of thing. There are no words. At least no words I can type here.

Sending you a hug. It is extremely frustrating.

A few days ago I said I blame JP, but I also blame the judge and the system for this tragedy. I was taken to task by another member who told me only Josh was to blame. My feeling then, as now, is the judge wanted JP to have a psycho-sexual examination. She must have had good reason for wanting it. Now we're hearing there was a very good reason, but yet the judge stupidly allowed those little boys to be endangered. I am so furious with this situation, I can't see straight.

Now we're learning the Cox grandparents and their attorney had no idea what was going on!!!

I can't believe the court, the child protective service, or law enforcement, thought it unnecessary to make the grandparents aware of the horror the children could have experienced at the hands of their father while they were in his care their entire lives. They waited to release the information AFTER the horrendous murders.

So many people failed those two precious little boys.

I'm not one for suing, but in this case, I'd have a long list of people and agencies I'd want sued, and I'd start with the states of Utah and Washington, then work my way down. I still say that judge should step down and be disbarred.

Let me be clear, I'm NOT blaming the case worker who was with the boys. She was only doing her job. I blame the judge, the state/county agency, etc., NOT the poor woman who is also a victim in all this.

Does anyone know the judge's name? Are we even allowed to discuss it here?
I think she should be fired. I pay taxes in WA, I want her off the pay-roll.
I intend to research this on my own off of websleuths so not to break any TOS.

JP's brother said he hopes they'll never be a Charlie and Braden Law because Josh was determined to do what he was going to do! :banghead: Why don't the Powells just shut up? They keep saying the most infuriating things. I would expect the family to be begging for changes to be made where children would be protected from this sort of thing. There are no words. At least no words I can type here.

If I heard correctly, they said it was JP's brother-in-law, who would that be?

Sending you a hug. It is extremely frustrating.

One from me as well. I'd like to give all here a nice big bear hug. While we are observers to this situation we still feel so deeply. My child is your child, and the compassion for these boys from WS is very very real. I really pray for Jennifer, the child that got away. I don't even know how she is dealing with all of this.

When some of my anger subsides I'm going to start e-mailing politicians about visitation rights. I don't know if it's the right place to start, but it's somewhere. I just can't do it right now, they'd be expletive laden rants.

If I heard correctly, they said it was JP's brother-in-law, who would that be?

You are correct, he said "brother-in-law". Could that be Mr. Graves? If so, I'm sick.

I've corrected my original post with a notation of the correction. Thank you.

A few days ago I said I blame JP, but I also blame the judge and the system for this tragedy. I was taken to task by another member who told me only Josh was to blame. My feeling then, as now, is the judge wanted JP to have a psycho-sexual examination. She must have had good reason for wanting it. Now we're hearing there was a very good reason, but yet the judge stupidly allowed those little boys to be endangered. I am so furious with this situation, I can't see straight.

Now we're learning the Cox grandparents and their attorney had no idea what was going on!!!

I can't believe the court, the child protective service, or law enforcement, thought it unnecessary to make the grandparents aware of the horror the children could have experienced at the hands of their father while they were in his care their entire lives. They waited to release the information AFTER the horrendous murders.

So many people failed those two precious little boys.

I'm not one for suing, but in this case, I'd have a long list of people and agencies I'd want sued, and I'd start with the states of Utah and Washington, then work my way down. I still say that judge should step down and be disbarred.

Let me be clear, I'm NOT blaming the case worker who was with the boys. She was only doing her job. I blame the judge, the state/county agency, etc., NOT the poor woman who is also a victim in all this.

I agree on the suing. Sad but sometimes that is what it takes for people to wake up and err on the side of caution. People always seem to be afraid to make the tough decisions.
How many times do we have to read about situations where children are harmed or killed because CPS gave them back to the parent(s) or situations like this.

I really hope that when the dust settles and the Cox's have had some time to grieve they will consult a lawyer.

This case requires an inquest if you ask me.

Didn't one of SP's adult sons answer the door naked when they served the search warrant? Did I dream that? :sick:

The state's attorney told the judge that during a search of the home in August, police saw a poster depicting a woman with a sword through her genitals and found a hanging noose, and that on other occasions they had arrived at the home to find Josh Powell's brother naked when answering the door.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powel...-investigation/story?id=14628030#.TzVfeZhrZME

Added by me: I think this was Josh's mentally disabled brother who was doing the naked door answering.

That is exactly what they seem to be. With JP's training the kids to run around naked, that naked play is good, and see the fun pictures showing how daddy and sons can play together naked!?

Grooming is what it's known as.

Sadly, he couldn't live without his sons because they were his entire sexual outlet.

Your post relates exactly to my first thoughts after reading this article ie., a "Grooming Tool". Children are more likely to be interested in "animated cartoon like characters" than real life people. This is beyond "sick". Two years ago this was known and yet Josh still had access to these innocent little boys.

You are correct, he said "brother-in-law". Could that be Mr. Graves? If so, I'm sick.

I've corrected my original post with a notation of the correction. Thank you.

I don't think his other sister (Alina) is married. I know Jennifer is married to Kirk Graves. Has to be him?

I agree on the suing. Sad but sometimes that is what it takes for people to wake up and err on the side of caution. People always seem to be afraid to make the tough decisions.
How many times do we have to read about situations where children are harmed or killed because CPS gave them back to the parent(s) or situations like this.

I really hope that when the dust settles and the Cox's have had some time to grieve they will consult a lawyer.

This case requires an inquest if you ask me.

Just wanted to mention that the Cox family are represented by Ann Bremner. What the plans are down the road, we'll have to see.

I understand wanting to protect a future case, but IMO, protecting Josh's rights to visitation with his sons after discovering pedophiliac-incestuous images on his computer in 2009, computer-generated or not---is unforgivable.

Agreed. I have no children and was a complete idiot, unknowlegeable about child *advertiser censored* until well into my 30's. (I thought child *advertiser censored* was just innocent pics of naked kids that pedos looked at!) I am floored by the thought that the authorities with the power to protect could have kept this "evidence" secreted for so long...and DID NOTHING to bring it to the forefront to protect those children. WHY, did they not notify CPS or whatever agency had the power to intervene back in 2009/10 when the images were first found. WHY wasn't he made to immediately undergo a FULL psych exam back then. WHY was he allowed to be around those children two years after the fact? WHY and HOW was this so vital to the case of Susan's disappearance vs the well being of her children. Susan herself would have been outraged and would have moved heaven and earth to remove those boys from ever being near JP again! I don't care if they were computer generated, FGS, the content is degenerative and deplorable! OMG...is all I can say or think at this time. Disgusting and deplorable. Who made the ultimate decision to hold this info back??? !!!! Something is very, very wrong with this type of thinking and protocol. I want to call someone and scream!

Just wanted to mention that the Cox family are represented by Ann Bremner. What the plans are down the road, we'll have to see.

I would still like to see an inquest in this case if that is possible in this state. That way everybody and anybody would have to answer all the questions and recommendations and policy changes would come out of the results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back