Inconsistencies/Discrepancies & Timeline discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she was their #1 suspect I believe she would of broke by now,Streetsmart or not.
She is the last person to see Haleigh and the first person to be looked at. LE has their ways to get the truth.

Here's something else I've been sorta wondering. Not a biggie but...

I seem to recall that at some point it was said that they always slept with the TV on, maybe because HC's fear of the dark. Winterrose says it was TN who said it.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3497529&postcount=59

But when the visibility of the kitchen light being on has been discussed, they've always stressed that at night the whole house is completely pitch black. But wouldn't there be some light from the TV in the bedroom?

Reminder that this thread is to discuss "Inconsistencies "

Yes, I've noticed that some things in online discussions tend to start as speculation, interpretations or misunderstandings and once they've been repeated often enough and maybe caught by the media there are inevitably going to be people who think those things are facts, although they're not. It happens here too, and I honestly don't suppose there's much one can do about it... it's just the way the human mind works. Inconsistencies are brought forth when two people have different interpretations of a given passage of speech and after a while nobody remembers where it started any more. We should try to back up what we say with links and background info whenever possible but even that is not infallible because even the news reports and tv show transcripts are full of mistakes, and even if the reporter transcribes it right the person speaking might be lying. So go figure... The best thing is to take everything with a pinch of salt and remember that even though it's not always explicitly stated, most things that are said are opinions and theories.

Debs - I understand about the video, but this was taken after LE had rummaged through and after the house was cleaned up by family. Misty's mom would know, from Misty, where the bed was placed so for now, I am going with the foot of the big bed location.

We won't know for sure what LE saw when they went to the home until we see the crime scene photos. And since it is only rumored that MC was away partying all weekend, I am going to stay with what she has stated which is that she was home.

I don't see MC as the big lying, evil person that everyone is trying to make her out to be.

She may not be big and evil and I'm willing to concede that some of the apparent inconsistencies may be a matter of semantics and saying things in a confusing way but there's no way that all the things that she's told can be true at the same time.

She may not be big and evil and I'm willing to concede that some of the apparent inconsistencies may be a matter of semantics and saying things in a confusing way but there's no way that all the things that she's told can be true at the same time.

ITA, Add Misty walking out on a LE interview, Not being able to help LE pinpoint a timeline after almost six weeks, being given a poly 3 times and saying IDK when asked why she's being inconsistent.

The only people that act like that are guilty people. The simple answers are the most likely and everything else is stuff of movies and tv shows. Stranger abductions are rare. Family abductions not so much, but the person responsible is usually pinpointed by now and if the child is not found it's because the family member has taken them on the run. The feds would have found a family abductor by now. IMO, JMO, etc. etc.

If she was their #1 suspect I believe she would of broke by now,Streetsmart or not.
She is the last person to see Haleigh and the first person to be looked at. LE has their ways to get the truth.

She doesn't have to lie much or be a good liar, evidently with the lack of evidence all you have to do is say....I don't know...then refuse to talk to LE. In Misty's case she got a huge support system to protect her and encourage her to stay with this course.

People facing LWOP and the DP will do anything to save their hide. And I bet the thought of those two possibilites is scarier than facing LE and telling them a lie. Prison's are filled with people who take the truth to their grave.

I have been going back reading through some of the older article's trying to collect statements of what happen the night that Haleigh disappeared. I have heard that the media did report some of the incidents incorrectly and was not sure if this was one of the articles.
In this early statement it is said Ron and Misty were the ones who realized that Haleigh was missing at 3:300am the same time Ron got home from work. So how did she have time to call her mother, run back and get her cell phone to call Ron when she noticed the back door open if he was already home?
Croslin woke up around 3:30 a.m., the same time Haleigh's father Ronald Cummings got home from work, they realized Haleigh was gone and called 911. http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/021209Day_3_in_search_for_Haleig

:truce:

It's really hard to know what to think when there's no video to accompany the written version.

Some of the things that Misti said didn't seem all that inconsistent to me, but a few things that aren't exactly inconsistenties are more suspect. Like Jr. being in the bedroom awake and up and walking out the bedroom door as she went to sleep, then later she says that he was on the couch. Also I believe she has added that she did go outside that night for a cigarette which shows that she can't totally and truthfully say that she didn't leave the home. Every time something is reported it goes oddly with the original story and Misti seems to add another fact or at least it seems that way.

Okay, I am going to play devil's advocate for MC.

1) By all accounts, she was raising the children pretty much 24/7. I know some of you must remember what it was like to have an active soon to be 4 year old son and a 5 year old daughter with medical issues when you were 16/17. When you were raising these kids, weren't you exhausted by 10:30-11:00 at night? Did you ever fall into a deep sleep from exhaustion? MC looked exhausted.

It is possible that she was home and asleep, exhausted.

2) MC's mother said the toddler bed was at the foot of the big bed. This position of the bed makes a lot of things make sense now. This way, the toddler bed would be very close to the toilet, which appears to be behind only a 1/2 wall. MC wakes up to go to the bathroom and decides to go to the other bathroom because of the noise or maybe the smell. She would not have been able to tell if Haleigh was in the toddler bed unless she walked around the big bed. Think of the line of sight. Plus, she goes out the room through the door to her immediate right, 2 feet away, into the L/R area. She sees the light on in the kitchen.

The water had been turned off for repairs in the neighborhood during the day. Maybe that toilet didn't the water valve turned back on yet.

Isn't it now possible that she did not notice Haleigh missing immediately when she woke up for these very reasons?

bold by me.

Gosh, I don't remember which interview it was, but it seems like it was one of the earlier ones...maybe the one of RC and MC on GVS....i'll have to go look for a link...BUT...Misti was asked in that interview whos bed was closer to the kitchen....Misti said Haliegh's...which would be correct if the bed was where it was when TN took NG's correspondent in for the walk-through of the home....the toddler mattress was NOT at the end of the master bed like MC's mother is now trying to say...

I haven't kept up with this case too much but I do know about MC's inconsistencies in her statements and wondered why? I also wonder why RC and MC never went back to stay in the home after LE released it, I know they say it is because Haleigh was taken from the home, but I wonder if it is because they worry it is bugged?

Has anyone noticed that TN (gramma) has gone from a truely sadden grandma, to an over protective mother, wanting a wedding? to trying to fool Cobra? and leading everyone away from finding Haleigh???? Seems so odd to me anymore.

Here's something else I've been sorta wondering. Not a biggie but...

I seem to recall that at some point it was said that they always slept with the TV on, maybe because HC's fear of the dark. Winterrose says it was TN who said it.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3497529&postcount=59

But when the visibility of the kitchen light being on has been discussed, they've always stressed that at night the whole house is completely pitch black. But wouldn't there be some light from the TV in the bedroom?

My experience with kids who are afraid of the dark is usually the bathroom light is left on or a nightlight. I find it odd that the house would be pitch black at all!!:snooty:

I haven't kept up with this case too much but I do know about MC's inconsistencies in her statements and wondered why? I also wonder why RC and MC never went back to stay in the home after LE released it, I know they say it is because Haleigh was taken from the home, but I wonder if it is because they worry it is bugged?

I believed the Cummings ruse before the marriage, now I don't buy it at all. The focus has been away from Haleigh. Crying and defending their story over and over again. Then getting tattoos, Ron marrying a person you've known only 6 months, and flying to NY are NOT looking for Haleigh.

Crystal has stayed in the area and has built the Haleigh BUG foundation and vehemently continually begged for her child's safe return.

I think it pretty obvious what is going on here! When will LE take some POI in??????

:dance: I like the way you think!

Ron has more inconsistencies that Misty:

1. MC says the youth bed was at foot of queen bed. She mentioned one of them falling asleep in front of the TV at the very beginning.

2. On Feb 12 on Greta, MC indicates both children were close...she started to say in the same bed and Haleigh was just a few inches away...Ron spoke up and said she was in her youth bed 4 feet away.

3. On Feb 13, to a fox reporter, MC and RC state they were not sleeping in the same bed. Haleigh was in the youth bed.

4. On Feb 14, to NG , Ron states that both children and Misty were in the same bed. It was very clearly spoken. Here is the link for NG. RC says both children always go to bed at the same time. Misty did not say she did that. She said Haleigh was alone and JR was in the living room.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGcVo1DfNlg&feature=related

I'm beginning to think RC drinks the same koolaid as kc.

Okay, I am going to play devil's advocate for MC.

1) By all accounts, she was raising the children pretty much 24/7. I know some of you must remember what it was like to have an active soon to be 4 year old son and a 5 year old daughter with medical issues when you were 16/17. When you were raising these kids, weren't you exhausted by 10:30-11:00 at night? Did you ever fall into a deep sleep from exhaustion? MC looked exhausted.

It is possible that she was home and asleep, exhausted.

2) MC's mother said the toddler bed was at the foot of the big bed. This position of the bed makes a lot of things make sense now. This way, the toddler bed would be very close to the toilet, which appears to be behind only a 1/2 wall. MC wakes up to go to the bathroom and decides to go to the other bathroom because of the noise or maybe the smell. She would not have been able to tell if Haleigh was in the toddler bed unless she walked around the big bed. Think of the line of sight. Plus, she goes out the room through the door to her immediate right, 2 feet away, into the L/R area. She sees the light on in the kitchen.

The water had been turned off for repairs in the neighborhood during the day. Maybe that toilet didn't the water valve turned back on yet.

Isn't it now possible that she did not notice Haleigh missing immediately when she woke up for these very reasons?

DotsEyes, I don't know very many women who had kids at 12 and 13, do you? Very few 17 yr. olds are raising 4 and 5 y.o. kids. They were not Misty's son and daughter. But I do see your point. She might have been exhausted from cleaning, etc. And not being their mother, she would not have had those motherly instincts kicking in, like waking when your child makes a sound. BUT, if Haleigh were in the toddler bed or on the big bed, wouldn't you notice her gone the INSTANT you woke up/got up? And not have to get halfway to the bathroom... either one... before noticing a light on? The way she says this, it seems that she woke up, started to the bathroom, noticed the kitchen light on, saw the back door wide open, then went back to the bedroom to get the cell phone to call Ronald, THEN noticed Haleigh gone. Isn't that a little odd? I would notice my child not in her bed the first thing... not the last thing.
She's young, I give her that... and that says it all. A loving and concerned father would not trust his children to someone that ditzy... JMO.

(* link at bottom) I was sort of iffy about where to post this, but it seems like an inconsistency as much as anything else.

More Seeming Inconsistencies and "Iff-ies"

Great Grandma Sykes gives me the hinkies. There. I said it;:crazy: Frankly, while we're at it, Mother Teresa gives me a big case of the hinky hinks too.

Anyway, this article below is from First Coast News from Feb and some parts that register on the hinky meter are these.

1.) GGM Sykes Arrival at the Mobile Home & the "WE":

"GGM Sykes says: He was asleep. I got there 10 minutes after WE noticed she was gone. I had Junior, he said he didn't know anything...said he was asleep.'

"WE?" Is that a weird thing to say? Maybe I am a nitpicker with some serious anal retentive OCD issues and I should be institutionalized, but to me, "WE noticed she was gone.." sounds like.... well I don't know what... like someone who was there. Is it me? Do any of you guys read that weird? (weird-ly?) (heh) :D

All this, of course, is based on whether we feel that we can trust the accuracy of the reporting, as far as quotes go. That's the beauty of video/audio clips. We can hear it for ourselves, dangit.

2.) GGM Sykes Driving Time

According to the Officer Nelson, the responding officer's 1325 Incident Report, the 911 call was logged in at 3:27 A.M; So dispaatching the officers with siren/lights etc got them there in 13 minutes at 3:40 A.M.

Sykes says that she got there in ten minutes and she lives in Waleka.

Add to that she was presumably in bed at that hour, had to get out of bed, change clothes, get keys, walk/run to car and drive there. K....

3.) GGM Sykes Talk With Jr On the Scene

"Sykes says:
'He was asleep. I got there 10 minutes after we noticed she was gone.... I had Junior, he said he didn't know anything... said he was asleep..'

So, according to Sykes she ASKED Jr what he saw and he didn't know anything b/c he was asleep. Yet the very next paragraph says relatives on both sides said that he saw a man in a ski mask.

"Detectives have talked to the child. Relatives on both sides say he told police he saw a man in a ski mask come in their trailer and leave with his big sister.

Sykes says: 'They questioned Junior. I asked them (the police) about it. They couldn't tell me anything other than he's a little child. He was questioned and the story went from one thing to another and another.'

I know reporters for make mistakes at times with exact quotes and things; But for al the inconsistencies happening inthis case -- can really be the reporters' fault every time?

4.) Who Actually SAW Haleigh Last? GGM Sykes?

5.) WHo Is the "WE" With GGM Sykes Who Visited That Night?

And all this is part of why I am not buying Mother Syke story that she.... no, "WE (again with the "WE")went by the house at b/w 7 and 8 PM" meaning that Monday night, 2-9-09. IOW due to this additional story -that did not surface, BTW, til 8 days in, - this bit of news extends the timeline for Haleigh having been last seen from Misty's timeline of a 5:45 P.M. departure by her brother until GGM's visit at 8 P.M.

6.) Whose Sighting Defines the Timeline? Sykes? or AC Man?

IMO, at this point the only assumed person who is NOT a blood relative who can say for sure that he SAW Haleigh when he was there working is the A/C repair man. And do we know if he has said that he actually SAW her at all?

If AC man can't say absolutely that he saw Haleigh on 2-9-09 then the timeline is pushed back even furhter to between 3 - 4 P.M. when she either left school or got off the school bus.

link below
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=132095&catid=295

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRussell
Back