Inconsistencies/Discrepancies & Timeline discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Misty does not appear to occupy the same seats in the house as the rest of us do. If you analyze any of her statements, it all is inconsistent...or as normal people say...LIES.

From reading the media thread, there was a change about the 5th of so in March regarding LE's statements. Even Shauland retracted.

She goes on to describe the open door. She ran back to her room to get cell and call Ron. If I found a door open in my house in the middle of the night, I might slam it, run and call 911.

On the phone she is wasting time discussing the brick...she should have been discussing Haleigh. Oh, that's right...she was wearing P.J's....ah, next day..shirt and shorts...uh. Do most of us put our children to bed in shirt and shorts?...uh. Sorry, I meant to say Pink Shirt and underwear....uh. Sorry I just found shirt in laundry...don't know what she was wearing.

P.S. Don't think shirt was found in laundry...JMO. She said LE let her in to go through clothes to figure out what she was wearing to school that day....come think of it...no one has mentioned that. Bet it was Pink shirt and Tan shorts. No bath...no P.Js...no Haleigh. Where did she put Haleigh?

You grab the other child and run, unless that's common to them. Phone or not. JMO

LE has stated that Misty is NOT a suspect.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133696&catid=295

So, according to Capt. Schauland - she is NOT a suspect and is the key to the timeline. It seems to me that in a missing child case, the last person to see the child would be the key to determining the timeline.

It seems to me that the last person to see the child would VERY quickly become the suspect if she lied about the timeline, unless it is known that she couldn't have done it or it is known that someone else did. AFAIK, Misty has no alibi, so she could have done it. So, if she's not a suspect it must be known that someone else did. How? Who?

IMO, I think Misty's inconsistencies can be many things. Sometimes I really think she's just a young woman who is confused and scared by HaLeigh going missing under her watch. I think things would get jumbled in my head too.

Actually, I know they would. 2 days after my wedding a good friend of my husband's was murdered in front of us, my children included. When I had to testify about the incident, it seemed like I could fit about 3 hours worth of explaining in an incident that literally lasted less than 1 minute. I gave statements to the police that night, the next day, then the next day. My story kept growing.

It happens. Some people are just not good in an emergency. I'm obviously one of them, IMO Misty is too.

I happen to think Crystal's inconsistencies in what she says and how she behaves are way more telling. Mix in the fact that LE hasn't cleared her when she was reportedly not in the area at the time and my hinky meter goes off the charts.

Chanting Misty is the key over and over again does not make her guilty of anything other than being the key to the timeline, as LE stated quite awhile ago. I think some people took one tiny statement in a presser and ran with it. They stopped listening after that point IMO.

All of this is MOO. Sorry Tom'sGirl for the OT story, I was trying to relate to Misty. :)

Actually, I know they would. 2 days after my wedding a good friend of my husband's was murdered in front of us, my children included. When I had to testify about the incident, it seemed like I could fit about 3 hours worth of explaining in an incident that literally lasted less than 1 minute. I gave statements to the police that night, the next day, then the next day. My story kept growing.

It sounds to me you did great and were probably telling the truth as you remembered it. The story growing may be a sign of truthfulness. With repeated tellings, people remember more details and report more feelings, thoughts, physical sensations, associations and explanations of connections between things.

Misty's story never seemed like that to me. It was more like a list of a few things learned by rote and she didn't add extra details in the next interview. It was, she went to bed because that's her bed time and I washed blankets and was asleep and woke up and she was gone and that's all I know.

Of course I'm just going by the few media clips where she recounted the story and I've got no idea what she told the police except someone in LE said that the Today show interview was a good example of what they were up against.

I think anyone that walks out of a police interrogation about a missing child just screams guilt.

Especially when that person is marrying the missing child's father the next day.

And IMO, any father of a missing child who marries the person who walked out of an interrogation concerning his missing child appears to be just as guilty as the person who walked out of the interrogation for doing so.

Call me crazy but it's as clear as the beautiful blue sky over north central Florida this morning.

IMO, I think Misty's inconsistencies can be many things. Sometimes I really think she's just a young woman who is confused and scared by HaLeigh going missing under her watch. I think things would get jumbled in my head too.

It happens. Some people are just not good in an emergency. I'm obviously one of them, IMO Misty is too.

I happen to think Crystal's inconsistencies in what she says and how she behaves are way more telling. Mix in the fact that LE hasn't cleared her when she was reportedly not in the area at the time and my hinky meter goes off the charts.

Chanting Misty is the key over and over again does not make her guilty of anything other than being the key to the timeline, as LE stated quite awhile ago. I think some people took one tiny statement in a presser and ran with it. They stopped listening after that point IMO.

All of this is MOO. Sorry Tom'sGirl for the OT story, I was trying to relate to Misty. :)

I am incredibly sorry that you and your children were witness to such violence.

Misty's story wasn't growing in the recollection of events. It was changing the events as the story became more and more challenged. I agree with you when you say that chanting "Misty is the key does not make her guilty of anything...." What it does make her is essential to discovering what happened to HaLeigh that night. Wouldn't you want someone to be consistent, to not change her story time and again, to answer questions as many times and as clearly as possible in the event of a child missing? Misty is not providing that, and walking out of an interview demonstrates that it was all about HER comfort and had nothing to do with helping find HaLeigh. I can't imagine the questions that LE needs to ask are comfortable for anyone, but it isn't about how Misty feels they're being mean to her (her words, not mine). It is about finding HaLeigh.

I see Crystal's statements as those from a person whose information is being distorted BEFORE she receives it so that when she's asked something it is all twisted. For instance, that oft brought up interview she gave the day they were searching the dumpster. Now there is information that all the Cummings were standing on cars trying to watch the search. Crystal was stopped and asked several questions about the DNA test that people were accusing her of having run away from. She was irate for having to deal with that slander, and she also mentioned that people were telling her one thing only for her to find out later that it was a lie. She vented her frustration at being led around like that. I would, too. The thing about Crystal and Misty is that they're both being told stories that aren't true. The real difference between them though, is that Misty knows it isn't the truth and Crystal finds out it isn't the truth after she says it in an interview.

I would like to know why it is that from very early on, it was a concerted effort to make sure she received false information.

People are saying that Ron & his family were standing on cars watching the dumpster search.

Well I watched that search live, in real time on local news and flipped back and forth to HLN which was following it as well.

Never once did I see or hear that the family was doing this. NEVER ONCE.

If anyone can provide links to this being stated by media or shown on video I would like to see it. Otherwise I will assume that it is just a rumor.

As I've said before I trust that LE is being very careful about what they say and playing their cards very close to the vest. I do think we can spy clues from what they DO say, but that involves not being too literal - we need to think more expansively.

People are saying that Ron & his family were standing on cars watching the dumpster search.

Well I watched that search live, in real time on local news and flipped back and forth to HLN which was following it as well.

Never once did I see or hear that the family was doing this. NEVER ONCE.

If anyone can provide links to this being stated by media or shown on video I would like to see it. Otherwise I will assume that it is just a rumor.

Well, I asked for a link when this story was posted yesterday. Just checked and I don't see that a link has been provided yet.

I think anyone that walks out of a police interrogation about a missing child just screams guilt.

Especially when that person is marrying the missing child's father the next day.

And IMO, any father of a missing child who marries the person who walked out of an interrogation concerning his missing child appears to be just as guilty as the person who walked out of the interrogation for doing so.

Call me crazy but it's as clear as the beautiful blue sky over north central Florida this morning.

What a beautiful day to find Haleigh!!!!!

As I've said before I trust that LE is being very careful about what they say and playing their cards very close to the vest. I do think we can spy clues from what they DO say, but that involves not being too literal - we need to think more expansively.

I understand that Misty has a lot of problems in her " stories" but I have a huge problem with LE still needing to look into 4000 leads and analyze evidence after 4 months! I can only hope maybe that article put out is inconsistent for Haleigh's sake!

"Some of the 4,000 leads have not been followed up on and some of the samples sent for lab analysis have not yet been tested "

http://www.wesh.com/news/19670441/detail.html

Well it's not quite as bad as having to follow 4000 leads. It says some of the 4000 still need following. It might be they're the local psychics who are known to be notoriously wrong each time and the guy who confesses to every crime committed in Florida and that girl who dreamed Haleigh is in Madison and said that the only problem is there wasn't a city in that name in that state.

But the lab sure needs extra resorces if they're sitting on a lot of evidence after all this time.

(snipped)

Judging by the round table meeting between PCSO & the FBI that took place on Friday, I'd say she is no more a suspect than she was 3 months ago. They stated that there are no suspects, but no one has been eliminated.

But they did state that she is the key.

And they have not said that has changed or that she has provided any kind of consistent timeline as of yet.

So if she was the key then, we can assume she remains the key.

4,000 leads with 3998 bogus and they know it. I'd give them a break on that one.

Sounds like this case has not gotten the priority of the Caylee Anthony saga.
They kept the car of kc's for a long time. These Putman LE released the blue van pretty quickly. ...haven't heard about the other vehicle. Cadaver dogs in the Anthony were brought the first 2 days. This case 2 weeks. If Putman has sent the evidence to Quantico, they may have some results. They may be doing touch DNA which takes a very long time.

We know of only two cars searched. Don't know why they didn't take Ron's car. They must have taken mountains of evidence from the house. It should be back within the next 6 weeks, I would think.

(snipped)

Judging by the round table meeting between PCSO & the FBI that took place on Friday, I'd say she is no more a suspect than she was 3 months ago. They stated that there are no suspects, but no one has been eliminated.

Actually the press release says:
No suspects were identified as a result of this meeting, and no persons were eliminated.

http://www.pcso.us/article.aspx?ArticleID=43

It doesn't mean they have no suspects or have eliminated nobody, it just means that nobody new became a suspect or got eliminated in the round table meeting they held. It doesn't rule out that they have both from where they were before this meeting in their investigations, it just says the situation didn't change as a result of this meeting..

I don't think the time-line or inconsistencies is holding up the investigation. While I am sure that LE would love to have an exact time-line but that often is not what LE gets, so they work with what they have. They have a working time-line from 7pm to 3am.

I don't see where it would slow down the investigation if Misty put the children to bed at 8 or 10. Highly unlikely a perp would come in during that time frame. More likely it was after midnight.

Which movie were the children watching. I don't see how not knowing which movie the children were watching would impede the investigation. I doubt the perp sat down and watched a movie, and I would imagine whoever did this did it after midnight, after everybody in the house was asleep.

Did Misty get up to go pee or get a drink. What does it matter. She awoke for some reason and found Haleigh gone. How would knowing she went to pee or get a drink move the case forward or slow it down?

The kitchen light was on. Misty either left it on by accident, one of the children got up and turned it on, or the perp turned it on. I don't see how knowing if the light was left on or turned on would speed up or slow down the investigation. I am sure they took prints off of it.

Was the door locked or unlocked. Since the door did not appear to be broken then I presume either somebody left it unlocked or it was bumped. The first K-9 tracked out of that door so it must be the door the perp used. Would a locked door stop a perp? I don't think so and I don't think the door being locked or unlocked is going to stop the investigation from moving forward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissHalle
Back