GUILTY India - Scarlett Keeling, 15, found dead on Goa beach, 18 Feb 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was wondering if anyone else could find any other details or updates, her murder is yet unsolved ...

Come on! Everyone knows that 15 year olds are old enough to make their own decisions - smoke pot, get piercings, go on birth control, stay with 20-something year old men they've just met on a vacation while the rest of their family continues traveling!

What did we expect the poor mother to do? :waitasec: Ummmmm...........I don't know. Parent? Put her foot down and say "to hell with what you want, little lady, you are 15 years old and you WILL do as I say!"?

Sheesh, we have high expectations! (thank goodness!)

Three Indian men detained and four more being sought? This is worse than I thought (if that is possible).

From the article:
"This man was seen with the girl near to where her dead body was found. It was evidently clear this man was raping her,"

Am I to understand that witnesses saw a man raping a 15-year-old girl, and nobody said or did anything? Scarlett could have been saved then, she could be alive today, if these witnesses had had the guts to do something about it, rather than wait until much later to at the very least come forward with their information.

I am finding it very odd that the mother found her daughters clothing and shoe. I am also finding it very odd that the mom was yelling
"drugged and raped" prior to any evidence of this happening.

I hope they investigate this "mother" and her "boyfriend".

Well, she might not blame herself, but I blame her. What an idiot to think that she could just abandon a 15 year old girl in a foreign country because the girl throws a fit. No wonder this girl didn't have a lick of sense, she learned it from her mother.

Ditto!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

From the article:

Am I to understand that witnesses saw a man raping a 15-year-old girl, and nobody said or did anything? Scarlett could have been saved then, she could be alive today, if these witnesses had had the guts to do something about it, rather than wait until much later to at the very least come forward with their information.

Sounds like this guy is afraid out of his wits Mr. E.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article3508912.ece

May Godd bless this girl who lost her life over her mothers utter stupidity.

What in the world is happening in our society where a mother of 9 with no income takes her children on a month long vacation.

Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture?

I have been a single mother of 2 fr 15 years and so far we have had one 3 day vacation that set us back a bit. My daughter was never out of my line of sight, I told her "if you cant see me that means I cant see you, and if I cant see you I cant protect you. "

I am baffeled by "mothers" who bring children into the world with no foundation of values to guide them and rear them to become responsable adults. Someone please take the other 8 children away and put them in a safe and secure enviornment where they can be nurtured and protected.

Im so sorry if it sounda like Im standing on a soap box yelling but every single thing I do in life is geared toward providing a safe and secure enviornemnt for my children, every choice I make is geared around them.

Its HER FAULT her daughter is dead.!

From the article linked above:

'I was right all along about the murder of my Scarlett,' says mother as barman is charged.

I'm glad she is patting herself on the back for being right. After the body is flown home for the funeral (paid for by Sir Richard Branson), she is heading right back to Goa to continue to put pressure on the police - who the heck is she kidding? She's going back to finish her 6 month vacation. What a piece of work!! I think it is interesting that the 25 year old boyfriend is also under arrest.

May Godd bless this girl who lost her life over her mothers utter stupidity.

What in the world is happening in our society where a mother of 9 with no income takes her children on a month long vacation.

Shannon, you are mistaken! It was not a month long vacation - once they got to Goa, they said what the hell, let's stay for six months! They did sell one of the children's ponies (yes, welfare apparently pays for vacations AND ponies(plural). I had no idea!) to finance the trip. Would pony proceeds cover airfare for 11?

So, I also see the man that Scarlett was entrusted by her mom to look after her has also been accused of being part of the rape and murder. Yes, her mom should be charged with neglect of a minor.

The woman is only 43?! When I first glanced at the pic I thought it was the victim's grandmother or something. Heck I'm 44 and my aunts look younger than she does.

The woman is only 43?! When I first glanced at the pic I thought it was the victim's grandmother or something. Heck I'm 44 and my aunts look younger than she does.

i thought the same thing, but then having 9 kids could make you old, i suppose.
make that 8, now...maybe she will have less to make her look old.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr makes me so mad. that poor girl.

Shannon, you are mistaken! It was not a month long vacation - once they got to Goa, they said what the hell, let's stay for six months! They did sell one of the children's ponies (yes, welfare apparently pays for vacations AND ponies(plural). I had no idea!) to finance the trip. Would pony proceeds cover airfare for 11?

OH man there are so many things wrong here. This is bad bad bad.

This is why becoming a parent should require a liscense.

Our society is DEvoLvinG....the family unit...the role of mother and father are disappearing, what we have is a bunch of people randomly mating and not rearing their young.

Im sorry for speaking my thoughts outloud, I know I will make some here angry.

I will apoliqize in advance;

The Goa police are wondering how much she knew about the drug activities of the people she left Scarlett with.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20080043673

As to the finances, I know it is much cheaper to fly from England to India than it is from here, especially if you take one of the middle eastern airlines. Once you get to India, the day-to-day costs are minute compared to England. So they could have been living there quite cheaply.

Don't know how they scared up the fare, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360
Back