GUILTY India - Scarlett Keeling, 15, found dead on Goa beach, 18 Feb 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can not imagine how this mother can honestly say that she doesn't blame herself. SHE is the one who made the decision to allow Scarlett, a 15 year old child, to stay with relative strangers much older than her in a foreign country. THAT decision was the first step in the set of circumstances that resulted in Scarlett's death. If not for that decision, Scarlett would not have been in that location, on that date, with the people who ultimately took her life. How can that mother NOT feel responsible in some way?!?!?

15 year old Children are not able to choose what they see fit...well, not in my book anyway.Mother is an inept and clueless individual who lacks any moral fortitude . No one should leave a 15 year old on their own.
Sadly , this is another case of parents who will not take responsibility for their kids.I hope her remaining children are taken care of with respect .
Now the beautiful young girl is dead and she will never realise any of her dreams.So very sad...
As for the sick individuals who raped and killed her I only hope they get what they deserve..

The Goa police are wondering how much she knew about the drug activities of the people she left Scarlett with.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20080043673

Well, a lot more makes sense about this case after reading that article. No wonder the witness is scared! :eek:

It could be that local LE didn't want to blow an active drug investigation OR, it could be that local LE is complicit in the drug trade and need to cover up the murder to keep everything under wraps.

Indian police deliberately covered up Briton's rape and murder to protect tourism, says Goa tourism minister

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...770&in_page_id=1770&expand=true#StartComments

That happens everywhere! Even the US does it when it comes to Spring Break in Florida!
We are leaving for Mexico tonight and even Nuevo Laredo has a tourist website and people are being killed there left and right but the city still has a website and a tourism department spewing the word that the city is safe and beautiful when both descriptions are completely wrong!

It is all about MONEY!
If the tourists do not come the economy of the place falls and people starve. (especially in the 3rd world countries or poorer nations)

Good. Now they need to do the same to the McCanns.

Mother of British girl murdered in Goa 'to be investigated for negligence'

The mother of 15-year-old Scarlett Keeling, the British tourist found raped and murdered in the Indian holiday paradise of Goa, may be investigated for negligence, Goa's chief minister has reportedly stated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=530335&in_page_id=1811&ct=5
good! this woman was so negligant it directly led to the death of her daughter. before anyone thinks she will suffer enough having lost her child and knowing she is at fault remember her quote that started the thread. 'I don't blame myself'

Mother of British girl murdered in Goa 'to be investigated for negligence'

The mother of 15-year-old Scarlett Keeling, the British tourist found raped and murdered in the Indian holiday paradise of Goa, may be investigated for negligence, Goa's chief minister has reportedly stated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=530335&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

Too bad it seems to take a foreign country to investigate the woman for negligence, it seems pretty obvious that the children were being neglected long before she left Great Britain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080310/wl_sthasia_afp/indiabritainaccidentcrimetourism_080310114526
The British man, who has fled Goa, told The Times he saw a barman from Lui's "lying on top" of Keeling as he left the cafe shortly before dawn on February 18.
"I'm trying to do the right thing; I want to cooperate," he told Monday's newspaper. "But I feel that I am in great danger."
The man also said Keeling told him she had taken three drops of LSD, two Ecstasy pills and cocaine.

something seems odd about him, i cant find much about him.

Too bad it seems to take a foreign country to investigate the woman for negligence, it seems pretty obvious that the children were being neglected long before she left Great Britain.

I find it interesting that she is being investigated by the same authorities that tried to fob her off with complete lies regarding her daughter's death. I think she SHOULD be investigated, but this stinks of petty revenge.

The superintendent of police, Bosco George, in Goa, told the BBC "we will have to question the mother" but would not say in connection with what.
Is LE requestioning her to satisfy the public?

It's okay if she doesn't blame herself.

We can all do that for her.

Unfortunately, with her attitude, the other 8 children don't have much of a chance, either.

Yeah, that's a shame Texana.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360
Back