Infomercial king Billy Mays dies - Foxnews.com

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No head trauma
No PE
Hypertensive heart disease, thickening of arteries. Heart weighed over 500 grams, which is pathologically significant.
No drug abuse, taking prescriptions as instructed.
COD to be released after toxicology reports

Looking like heart disease killed him :(, although there was no recent evidence of heart attack. Arterial spasm would not be seen.
Sad, says that sudden death is not uncommon in this age range due to heart disease, up to 30% of heart disease has the first symptom as sudden death.
Most common complaint prior to sudden death is "not feeling well", as he described before going to bed. He did die in his sleep.

He had no history of heart disease, or high blood pressure....the preop procedures "possibly" could have attributed, depending on what they were.

This is a very, very common death, the only thing unusual about this, is the fact that Billy was a celeb.

No evidence of head trauma.

No clot

Autopsy revealed heart disease.

http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-story-billy-mays-911-090629,0,7921522.story
11:59 AM EDT, June 29, 2009

Preliminary Autopsy Results, 911 Call Released in Billy Mays' Death
(for those that wish to listen to the 911 call I believe you can click on the link midway throught the article, I dont' have a desire to listen to it at this time so I don't know if link is working or not)

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

This is so tragic. Did you all see Pitchmen? It was one of the few reality shows I could watch. It was interesting, it showed people working hard to make their dreams come true, and it was funny.

Please check out Tricia's Tidbits today. I talk about Billy. It is such a riveting column you'll never be the same. :chicken::chicken::chicken: OK, that's a big fact lie but read it anyway please.

Love,
Tricia

I was on a very long flight ( in coach) without any turbulence once when an overhead bin popped open and someone's huge wheeled luggage fell on my head. ( This was prior to all the cutbacks in luggage carry-on sizes).

This explains a lot, actually.

It's always a tragedy when someone's husband, father, son dies suddenly. Having said that, I never understood how that pitchman thing worked because he drove me nuts, yelling at me all the time. I would change the channel or mute. RIP Billy, but at least you'll stop yelling at me, geez.

not trying to sound uncaring, but I never even heard of this guy, even after seeing his picture. I think its tragic when anyone this age passes, but people have been carrying on like this guy was some kind of hero.

I was on a flight to Wisconsin and when the plane landed there was a woman that definitely must have been in a hurry. I stood to get my bag out of the overhead compartment and I guess I wasn't moving fast enough. She reached over my head, grabbed her bag (that was to the right of mine). It was a heavy bag and she must have thought she could lift it high enough to go over my head. Well, she couldn't and she slammed her bag into my right temple. I immediately sat down and even though I was embarrassed I started to cry. She kept going. Oh, she did say "sorry" as she was walking down the aisle. I kept thinking about Natasha Richardson. Now since this has happened with Billy Mays (although it hasn't been proven that it was the cause of his death), I think we should all be a little more careful when we get a small bump on the head. Obviously, any time you get hit in the head it needs to be taken seriously.

I blame the airlines for that. In their greed to make more money, they charge now even for one checked bag, so everyone is trying to cram everything on the plane to save money, taking extra time as they stuff and unstuff the bags in the overhead compartment, taking up time for people just trying to get to or leave their seat

No head trauma
No PE
Hypertensive heart disease, thickening of arteries. Heart weighed over 500 grams, which is pathologically significant.
No drug abuse, taking prescriptions as instructed.
COD to be released after toxicology reports

Looking like heart disease killed him :(, although there was no recent evidence of heart attack. Arterial spasm would not be seen.
Sad, says that sudden death is not uncommon in this age range due to heart disease, up to 30% of heart disease has the first symptom as sudden death.
Most common complaint prior to sudden death is "not feeling well", as he described before going to bed. He did die in his sleep.

He had no history of heart disease, or high blood pressure....the preop procedures "possibly" could have attributed, depending on what they were.

This is a very, very common death, the only thing unusual about this, is the fact that Billy was a celeb.

Wouldn't cardiac hypertrophy or myopathy be suspected on a good quality EKG along with a Chest X Ray, both of which should have been part of his pre-op workup?
Maybe he hadn't had these things done yet, IDK.

RIP Billy - Sssssooooooo many celeb's dying!

I cannot imagine anyone "having knee surgery the next day" having not already completed their pre-op testing, which around here would include an EKG for anyone age 50 or over.

BUT there are plenty of folks who have had an EKG that showed nothing unusual and they died the next day.

I have a friend whose father was hospitalized for "a strange chest pain". They "ran every test known to man", found nothing and he was released. He died in the car on the way home from the hospital of a massive heart attack.

So go figure - sometimes things just happen.

If I was his widow I would of had my own autopsy done.I find it weird to die suddenly right after a hard hit to his head.Maybe the shock of getting hit caused his heart to give out.

I cannot imagine anyone "having knee surgery the next day" having not already completed their pre-op testing, which around here would include an EKG for anyone age 50 or over.

BUT there are plenty of folks who have had an EKG that showed nothing unusual and they died the next day.

I have a friend whose father was hospitalized for "a strange chest pain". They "ran every test known to man", found nothing and he was released. He died in the car on the way home from the hospital of a massive heart attack.

So go figure - sometimes things just happen.

Yes. I had a friend who went for a physical because she had breathing problems. They told her it was allergies. Two months later, she dropped dead instantly with a heart attack. She was only 40. You just never know.

"Mr. Mays' funeral will be held in his hometown of McKees Rocks.

Visitation will be held from 1 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the Anthony M. Musmanno Funeral Home, 700 Seventh St., Stowe. His funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Friday in St. Mary Church, Church Avenue, McKees Rocks. Burial will be private."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09181/980777-55.stm#ixzz0K419JGIr&C

McKees Rocks is a blue collar neighborhood of Pittsburgh, PA.

In pure Billy Mays fashion, all of Billy's pallbearers wore OxiClean button up shirts during his funeral in McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania today.

http://www.tmz.com/

0703_bill_mays_funeral_04_wenn5319548.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member