Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one phrase JM said during his first cross of JA that stands out to me and makes me have no doubt that the sex and pictures occurred that day. I cannot remember his exact wording or even if there was a picture introduced because I was listening in my car on Sirius.

But he said something to the effect of "In this picture you are on top straddling him and he is penetrating you, correct?" It might be part of the sex video we have not seen, but I am positive if he is saying it was that day, then it was that day they had sex and took the photos.

(Sometimes I say things in my head and they sound better there than when I try to put them on paper, so to speak. I hope my thoughts are coming through correctly.) :) I will try to find the portion of that testimony.

I don't believe they found video but I'm not positive. But this leads me to believe there are more pictures that haven't been introduced into evidence. and I do recall Juan talking (I think it was during opening statement) about a picture were Travis was "obviously 'excited'" which leads me to believe his 'thing' was "tumescent" (hahahaha). Anyway, I haven't seen a picture like that either.

Ya know what bugs me about this case.

I do believe she will be found guilty of 1st degree. And if she doesn't get the DP, it is supposedly a "win" for the defense. :waitasec:

If she gets Life, a person like her, and probably like most convicts, will "adapt" (and will win more "singing contests"). While the victim is still dead and the family is still without a brother.

Juries scare me after the CA debacle. (And no. I am NOT comparing this trial and crime to that case).

What happened to the good ole days of bread & water and hardships for convicts?

Just thinking out loud....

Casey never pleaded guilty. That is what makes this, JA, a totally different than the CA case.

Jose was able to put an element of doubt into the minds of the jurors. He did with me anyway. I am not so convinced George wasn't involved. Why wouldn't that family take a polygraph test?

Hell, if I knew someone was innocent (like Casey parents proclaimed she was then....) I would unearth my dead grandmother to prove my case.
Something was and still is, very strange about the dynamics of the Anthony family.

But keeping this on topic, Jodi admits to the killing of her prey..... so she is automatically in a different category than OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony!

Excellent post - thank you!

Would love to see your suggested reading list about effective communication with these type of individuals (adults) when cutting off all ties is not possible. TIA

My attorney sent me a book, "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout, when I was dealing with my ex. Coincidentally, the court-appointed psycologist/mediator that deals with my ex recommended the very same book to me. I have read parts, and it seems very good, but I have anxiety when I focus on this issue, so I need more time and distance from disturbing events, before I read the whole thing.

I agree about the excellent post by MormanAttorney as well! TY! :)

I am convinced she is double/triple jointed. She is extremely lanky (in addition to being skanky) which might be an advantage to this finger trick!!

If you keep watching--- at times---her pinky finger also looks dislodged as well.
Whoa! Best finger catch yet!

YourAttentionPlease_zpsc2310fbb.jpg

OK folks... your very own 'Sidebar'... Enjoy!!!

SIDEBAR- Arias/Alexander forum - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:gomods: :gomods:

I have a thought... do you think that JM is taunting Nurmi with all the Matt M references? He's the only one that can "prove" some of her allegations. If Nurmi doesn't call him (with all his issues with the magazine and saying he would lie for her), then the jury is left with the thought that he was a "red herring" all along? Makes her an even worse liar? If he does call his bluff and feel he has to put him on, then JM wins because he can impeach him so easily?

You must be a trial attorney or chess player! If not, you should be -- great strategy.

Brought this over from the last thread

-----------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayice
I live in KS and there was a cold case of a double murder in Topeka. I thought they had no idea who did it until '48 Hours' did a special. Come to find out the ex-wife was suspected ..Dana Chandler...since she repeatedly stalked (I do mean stalked) and harassed the couple, including the children. It took years to prove she too used gas cans to avoid detection to make the trip from Denver to Topeka and back. Long story short, convicted of 2 counts Premeditated 1st degree murder.
THIS WAS A FRIEND OF MINE FROM HIGH SCHOOL!!!!! karen harkness! i knew her first husband, dewitt, from high school. did not know her fiance who was murdered with her. this case drove us all crazy for years. her parents are the NICEST people---her mom died before she saw dana brought to justice. but karen's sweet daddy just dogged this case until he got justice----the '48 hours' piece was instrumental in putting pressure on the new DA to take this case to court. YES, the gas cans sunk her. what a vile, cruel person she was. her own children are afraid of her and knew she murdered their father.

i was born in topeka but moved away when i was 21. glad to see another kansan who knows this case. karen was just the sweetest, kindest person. like TA, she knew this woman was crazy, but i don't think she had any idea how dangerous she really was.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It only took the jury about 83 minutes to return with a verdict.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so happy justice prevailed for all of you!!!

She says she told these people about the pedophilia ...

Psychologist (Therapist) : Richard Samuals : Statements made years after this case began to be prosecuted .. JM says 2011, JA says 2010
Psychologist : Alice LaVielette (SP) : After Samuals (JM says years after)
Psychologist : JA says she told story in July 2009. Some therapist guy from San Diego [32:32]
Somebody Else : MM : April 2008

Then he leaves it.

Me too. I've even tried looking in pic backgrounds to see if there's anything in the room that's noticeably different.

Do you have a plausible theory on how she could get the time stamps altered?
I would love to see this proven by Juan, and it would personally make me happy that Travis didn't submit to that just before his death.

I have got a question I've asked on different threads but no answer....might have been discussed somewhere earlier, but haven't found any info:

Where was her car at Travis's house on June 4? All I remember her saying was it was in the middle or 3rd parking space at his house.

So wouldn't the roomate have noticed that day when he was there? If it was parked in the garage or in the driveway...he was there in the morning and than later that afternoon.

If nobody noticed car there, than where was it? This also goes to premeditation, why hide the rental car?

Does anybody know about this?

I understand what you are saying. For me, JA has passed the point of no return. Once you brutally murder someone, especially premeditated, you are out of control. She knew what she did was wrong. She had the ability not to do it. She gave in to her extreme rage and jealousy. That is not ok. For that, in my view, she should get the death penalty. She had a choice and, to be clear, she knew right from wrong. Just because something happened in childhood does not excuse what she did, especially since she knew what she was doing.

I think where the haunting feeling comes in is that there are other young JA's out there. I have parents who literally KNOW that, without intervention, their child would be fully capable of doing this. It would not surprise them in the least. They are seeking help and, often, cannot find it or are denied help. As upset as we are at JA (and rightfully so), there is more we can do to help those who are on that path, while there is still a chance.

Just my thoughts.
Thank you for all that you do. So many posters here help so many people, either professionally or through sharing their life experiences. One of the first things that struck me on here, was that I was not alone in my own personal pain. I have learned so much from everyone here.

Originally Posted by PrincessSezMe
This is an interesting Youtube video that someone is directing at Bryan Carr (the loony guy who insists on Jodi's innocence). It's interesting how he goes over the timeline of the crime based on Jodi's story of events (not believable), and how he thinks it went down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Z8MxOfIWlFc

just want to bump this up,really good example of what happened but also one in jodi's sequence of events

Do you have a plausible theory on how she could get the time stamps altered?
I would love to see this proven by Juan, and it would personally make me happy that Travis didn't submit to that just before his death.

If the prosecution says the pictures were taken that day, I believe them.

I think there is an internal time 'stamp' (for lack of a better word) in the camera - one beyond the one that puts the time and date on the picture itself. One that cannot be changed.

just want to bump this up,really good example of what happened but also one in jodi's sequence of events

That video is a good one. Many people need a visual to go with the events/timeline. It pretty much illustrates the way I envision how this murder happened.

I have got a question I've asked on different threads but no answer....might have been discussed somewhere earlier, but haven't found any info:

Where was her car at Travis's house on June 4? All I remember her saying was it was in the middle or 3rd parking space at his house.

So wouldn't the roomate have noticed that day when he was there? If it was parked in the garage or in the driveway...he was there in the morning and than later that afternoon.

If nobody noticed car there, than where was it? This also goes to premeditation, why hide the rental car?

I think she said she didn't recall exactly where she parked it but she thought it was in the driveway.

I agree, the roommate would have seen it, which leads me to believe she parked somewhere else in order to hide it.

Can you imagine how Jodi would be with former Texas Prosecutor Kelly Siegler who prosecuted Wright for stabbing her husband 199 times? That would ultimate power show down unless Kelly figures how to deal with Miss Priss.

That would be something.

JMHO

this is one of my favorite fantasies! we would need a judge who allows the prosecutor to get in her face though. this one is quite picky about that. kelly would chew her up and spit her out. kelly would enrage her.

Ya know what bugs me about this case.

I do believe she will be found guilty of 1st degree. And if she doesn't get the DP, it is supposedly a "win" for the defense. :waitasec:

If she gets Life, a person like her, and probably like most convicts, will "adapt" (and will win more "singing contests"). While the victim is still dead and the family is still without a brother.

Juries scare me after the CA debacle. (And no. I am NOT comparing this trial and crime to that case).

What happened to the good ole days of bread & water and hardships for convicts?

Just thinking out loud....

I don't think ASDC Perryville is a cakewalk ... I'm sure there are some tough girls in there that just might not like Arias. Plus no more manicures, trips to PPL functions, Starbucks, In-n-Out Burgers, Pacific Coast Highway, Ebay sales of drawings, and best of all ... no more photography.

There is one phrase JM said during his first cross of JA that stands out to me and makes me have no doubt that the sex and pictures occurred that day. I cannot remember his exact wording or even if there was a picture introduced because I was listening in my car on Sirius.

But he said something to the effect of "In this picture you are on top straddling him and he is penetrating you, correct?" It might be part of the sex video we have not seen, but I am positive if he is saying it was that day, then it was that day they had sex and took the photos.

(Sometimes I say things in my head and they sound better there than when I try to put them on paper, so to speak. I hope my thoughts are coming through correctly.) :) I will try to find the portion of that testimony.

Within the 1st 2 minutes of JM's 1st day of cross examination, he presented two photos as Exhibits. He makes passing reference to the color of her hair in each of the photos and she acknowledges that her hair color is a true reflection of what it was on those dates. (This was the 'dumb' sister photo reference)

There is no subsequent reference that day to her hair color. Juan planted some type of seed with the jury right out of the gate, and I have to believe he has something up his sleeve regarding the hair color, which will either punch more holes in her story, or will further show premeditation.

**Margarita Glass/Piece of Metal/Who-Knows-What Injury to Knuckle**

I can take no credit for this one. It came from my wonderful hubby and it may have already been discussed on these boards. If so, I apologize. He suggested that her non-reported, "I just need a Band-aid" injury came from the gun. Maybe she was test firing it BEFORE she went to Mesa?

I looked again at JA's pics of her index finger and I DEFINITELY see what looks like a "pinch." Could it be a "bite" from the .25 slide? Y'all are probably more in tune with this kind of thing than me. I'm VERY new. But it makes sense, especially if she did this and took the photo on May 31. It especially makes sense considering how big her hands are. A .25 would be little to her and would not be as comfortable a fit in her hands.

Here's a link to the photos. Just wanted to get thoughts. TIA

http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/user/tabularasa6/media/cs127_zpsd4948607.jpg.html?sort=3&o=22

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer.....but if I had to speculate, I'd bet she didn't park at the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487