Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was planning suicide in '07 and wanted her Grandmother to open the letters a year later??

I don't recall Jodi's exact words, but yes, she said something like she gave that future date "in order to give herself time to do it" meaning the suicide.

Did the car rental guy or DB say what color Jodi's hair was? Ryan said it was blonde, right?

I'm working on a theory that maybe those sex photos weren't even taken that day. It is really bothering me that Travis has hairy legs in the shower, and hairless legs in the photos.

Car rental guy said blond. Suppose he's lying to!?

I don't think any of what she's said happened that day actually happened. I also don't buy the type of sex she says he preferred. You know. Back door. Because she slipped out a couple times with that 'vanilla' terminology. She just wants jury to believe it because it makes him look like a pedo and that's the only reason she talks about that over and over. :furious::furious:

Thanks for asking. If they have gotten proper help, the diagnosis has been reactive attachment disorder. However, all of these children are complex. In fact, we refer to it generally as "Complex Trauma." Most of these kids have many other diagnoses including oppositional defiant disorder, anxiety, PTSD, fetal alcohol, bipolar disorder, significant learning delays of all types*, adhd, etc. These kids have often been hit genetically and environmentally with lots of deficits.

Interesting on the learning deficits, my child has a nonverbal learning disability and also tends to take things VERY literally. When I have watched JA argue about specific words in a very literal sense, I have recognized that. While there is no doubt she is vying for control and being difficult, I also sense that she may have difficulty processing the questions as most people would. Her word "hyper-literal" would be very accurate for my child, as well.

Although I work with biological families too, our families are mostly adoptive families where there is clear evidence of abuse, neglect, or chronic instability in the first three years of life which alters brain function. Add drug exposure or fetal alcohol and that compounds things. Then, with altered brain function, you see some common traits such as failure to emotionally regulate, no impulse control, etc. These traits then often lead to the ADHD diagnosis and others. So, again, the commonality to my families is the early trauma. Some of our kids have a long list of diagnoses because of these brain changes and alcohol exposure.

Mormon Attorney:
May Angels send you many warm hugs and strength to you! The world needs many of you. I know the children you are lovingly caring for and they are so sadly difficult. They have started life with a big raw deal. You are their Angel.

The saddest is holding a crack/cocaine baby and the damage the drug does to an adorable little soul who did not ask to start his/her life damaged. Sometimes you want to cry but then you smile when they smile and realize their is hope for all.

Thank you :rose: :rose:

Can you imagine how Jodi would be with former Texas Prosecutor Kelly Siegler who prosecuted Wright for stabbing her husband 199 times? That would ultimate power show down unless Kelly figures how to deal with Miss Priss.

That would be something.

JMHO

I don't know if AZ houses their 3 female death row inmates in the same place, but Jodi would fit right in with them:

Debra Jean Melke (1991) - got her boyfriend to take her 4 yo son to the desert and shoot him 3 times in the head.

Wendi Andriano (2004-JM prosecutor) - poisoned her husband for the insurance

Shawna Forde (2011) anti-illegal immigrant "activist" orchestrated a home invasion in which a man and his 9 yo daughter will killed.

Whereever they put Jodi, I hope it's somewhere she really, really hates.

There is an out for them that someone just mentioned on HLN. Juan Martiez can ask them if they accepted as truth what they told by JA when they formed their opinions. And then he can ask them if their opinion would be different in light of the fact that much of what she has claimed has been discredited in trial testimony. If they are honest and answer 'yes', then careers can go on. Otherwise, I agree that they are risking a huge hit to their professional reputations.

i think he'll own them both before all is said and done. there was a victim of abuse here but it wasn't HER.

Did the car rental guy or DB say what color Jodi's hair was? Ryan said it was blonde, right?

I'm working on a theory that maybe those sex photos weren't even taken that day. It is really bothering me that Travis has hairy legs in the shower, and hairless legs in the photos.

There is one phrase JM said during his first cross of JA that stands out to me and makes me have no doubt that the sex and pictures occurred that day. I cannot remember his exact wording or even if there was a picture introduced because I was listening in my car on Sirius.

But he said something to the effect of "In this picture you are on top straddling him and he is penetrating you, correct?" It might be part of the sex video we have not seen, but I am positive if he is saying it was that day, then it was that day they had sex and took the photos.

(Sometimes I say things in my head and they sound better there than when I try to put them on paper, so to speak. I hope my thoughts are coming through correctly.) :) I will try to find the portion of that testimony.

Ya know what bugs me about this case.

I do believe she will be found guilty of 1st degree. And if she doesn't get the DP, it is supposedly a "win" for the defense. :waitasec:

If she gets Life, a person like her, and probably like most convicts, will "adapt" (and will win more "singing contests"). While the victim is still dead and the family is still without a brother.

Juries scare me after the CA debacle. (And no. I am NOT comparing this trial and crime to that case).

What happened to the good ole days of bread & water and hardships for convicts?

Just thinking out loud....

Thank you for you very heartfelt and informative posts.

Would the fact that her parents owed several restaurants and would have been very busy during her formative years be enough to cause her problems, IYO? Or would it take more trama?

In regards to when Jodi said on the stand that she loved her mother, I felt as if I saw a split second change in her mother's face and eyes. I feel terrible for her mom. I know she seems to act inappropriately at times but she has to be so torn up and conflicted. It's my feeling that she wants desperately to believe it wasn't premeditated but has her own doubts. I feel like when Jodi said she loved her, for a split second it hit her in the heart and she immediately rejected it knowing Jodi is manipulating her again.

If you feel comfortable sharing, it would be interesting to know if you have to form barriers, as a parent, to keep from getting hurt by the things your child may say or do to you.

Just jumping off of your post.

How close was JA to her mom in the couple years before her arrest? Had Travis ever met her parents?

I have a thought... do you think that JM is taunting Nurmi with all the Matt M references? He's the only one that can "prove" some of her allegations. If Nurmi doesn't call him (with all his issues with the magazine and saying he would lie for her), then the jury is left with the thought that he was a "red herring" all along? Makes her an even worse liar? If he does call his bluff and feel he has to put him on, then JM wins because he can impeach him so easily?

This is an interesting Youtube video that someone is directing at Bryan Carr (the loony guy who insists on Jodi's innocence). It's interesting how he goes over the timeline of the crime based on Jodi's story of events (not believable), and how he thinks it went down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Z8MxOfIWlFc

The only thing I can't see (or maybe "figure out" is a better way of saying it), is his "shoulder by the baseboard." To me it looks like something VERY bloody in a blue sheet. Am I way off base?

Yes, he has mis-spoken at times, and got a little flustered, but he has recovered and quickly regained his focus.

I for one can't blame him. Although I see her game, even through the computer screen and knowing I can just walk away, she has had me almost in tears of frustration.

He is getting the job done, and superbly. IMO

I'm amazed he hasn't mis-spoken more. Can you blame him? Afterall, he is dealing with a twit who argues every single fact or comment. I'm just surprised he doesn't bust her in the mouth when she gets all snarky.

Maybe trusty Matt M drove to Yreka and put it in grandpas car to be "discovered"
:banghead:

i like the way you think, tex. one thing for sure, matt is in this thing up to his ears. he sounds like her dumbest former bedmate. darryl, i actually feel sorry for. he strangled on his answer about the gas cans, didn't want to be shown, etc. he probably wishes he'd passed altogether on the hot, pretty, much younger GF. poor schlub!

Brought this over from the last thread

-----------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayice
I live in KS and there was a cold case of a double murder in Topeka. I thought they had no idea who did it until '48 Hours' did a special. Come to find out the ex-wife was suspected ..Dana Chandler...since she repeatedly stalked (I do mean stalked) and harassed the couple, including the children. It took years to prove she too used gas cans to avoid detection to make the trip from Denver to Topeka and back. Long story short, convicted of 2 counts Premeditated 1st degree murder.
THIS WAS A FRIEND OF MINE FROM HIGH SCHOOL!!!!! karen harkness! i knew her first husband, dewitt, from high school. did not know her fiance who was murdered with her. this case drove us all crazy for years. her parents are the NICEST people---her mom died before she saw dana brought to justice. but karen's sweet daddy just dogged this case until he got justice----the '48 hours' piece was instrumental in putting pressure on the new DA to take this case to court. YES, the gas cans sunk her. what a vile, cruel person she was. her own children are afraid of her and knew she murdered their father.

i was born in topeka but moved away when i was 21. glad to see another kansan who knows this case. karen was just the sweetest, kindest person. like TA, she knew this woman was crazy, but i don't think she had any idea how dangerous she really was.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It only took the jury about 83 minutes to return with a verdict.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to stop someone wanting to harm you ,you have a gun to stop them,not piss them off and make them more intent on doing it.
What is the responsible gun owner's knowledge base, so to speak, on when and how to use a gun for self defense? I was taught to not display, or allow them to know I had one at the ready, until I had made a conscious decision to shoot the aggressor. In other words, never display a gun as a deterrent, only display one to immediately shoot it. I'm not in LE. I think different logic applies there.

I am convinced she is double/triple jointed. She is extremely lanky (in addition to being skanky) which might be an advantage to this finger trick!!

If you keep watching--- at times---her pinky finger also looks dislodged as well.

Lanky and skanky is no way to go through life.

Me too. I've even tried looking in pic backgrounds to see if there's anything in the room that's noticeably different.

Since I am really, REALLY bored today.....listening to the tape from yesterday’s awesome-ness and am making notes of some of the more nuanced moments from Mr. Juanderful.

JM: It’s fair to say the statements you made to Richard Samuels were YEARS after this case began to be prosecuted, correct?

JA: Possibly, yes. I don’t remember the exact time frame.

JM: Well it was in 2011 that you talked with him, wasn’t it?

JA: No it was 2010.

JM: SO YOU DO REMEMBER THEN that it was in 2010. So that was years after this case began to be prosecuted, right?

JA: I believe it was, yes.

JM: Well you just told me 2010. Are you going to go back on that answer or stick with it. Which one do you want?

LOLOLOL!

:) I love that stuff. It's like a dance. Juan is doing the Waltz. Around the courtroom he goes putting things together and making sense.

Jodi is the one doing "the sprinkler" like a nerd. Getting all twisted in her lies with that ridiculous grin on her face until she hits the floor :laugh: and goes into a blank stare wondering how in earth the man figured her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei