Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been some discussion about this possibility. When she was asked about it, she said a tv or dvd remote. JM asks her how it came to be in her car and she responds that she doesn't know. I don't believe DB was asked about this but I suppose he could be later???

DB was asked about the remote. JM asked him if Jodi came back to return something. DB answered, yes. JM then asked him what it was and DB said it was a remote. My guess is the remote belongs to the DVD player that was stolen. jmo

There is an Esther Higgins in southern California.....

I don't know why I'm so obsessed with finding out who Esther is......I might need professional help lol.

Unless I am mistaking.....it might be a point of interest that, the two gas cans she borrowed from Daryl were never returned either.
I believe Arias said she had taken them to her grandparent's house.

After a little bit of googling, the only common thread I found is a couple named Jerry and Esther Hicks who wrote....dun dun dun (dramatic music) The Law of Attraction!

I love it when someone else does all the work for me. lol
Thanks - that would make sense that she just "borrowed" that name - I seem to remember another defendant who was famous for that!! haha

Hi HOpe,
During her testimony, Arias said Esther had bought Travis the Astroglide. (sp)
Since it's also an ingredient, some thought she was not specifically speaking of a PERSON, but the way she worded it, it sounded like a girl Travis had previously had sex with.

And did not someone also say that is the author of The Secret? I'm trying to recall. And on my phone so I'm not looking it up on Google.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for asking. If they have gotten proper help, the diagnosis has been reactive attachment disorder. However, all of these children are complex. In fact, we refer to it generally as "Complex Trauma." Most of these kids have many other diagnoses including oppositional defiant disorder, anxiety, PTSD, fetal alcohol, bipolar disorder, significant learning delays of all types*, adhd, etc. These kids have often been hit genetically and environmentally with lots of deficits.

Interesting on the learning deficits, my child has a nonverbal learning disability and also tends to take things VERY literally. When I have watched JA argue about specific words in a very literal sense, I have recognized that. While there is no doubt she is vying for control and being difficult, I also sense that she may have difficulty processing the questions as most people would. Her word "hyper-literal" would be very accurate for my child, as well.

Although I work with biological families too, our families are mostly adoptive families where there is clear evidence of abuse, neglect, or chronic instability in the first three years of life which alters brain function. Add drug exposure or fetal alcohol and that compounds things. Then, with altered brain function, you see some common traits such as failure to emotionally regulate, no impulse control, etc. These traits then often lead to the ADHD diagnosis and others. So, again, the commonality to my families is the early trauma. Some of our kids have a long list of diagnoses because of these brain changes and alcohol exposure.

Thank you for you very heartfelt and informative posts.

Would the fact that her parents owed several restaurants and would have been very busy during her formative years be enough to cause her problems, IYO? Or would it take more trama?

In regards to when Jodi said on the stand that she loved her mother, I felt as if I saw a split second change in her mother's face and eyes. I feel terrible for her mom. I know she seems to act inappropriately at times but she has to be so torn up and conflicted. It's my feeling that she wants desperately to believe it wasn't premeditated but has her own doubts. I feel like when Jodi said she loved her, for a split second it hit her in the heart and she immediately rejected it knowing Jodi is manipulating her again.

If you feel comfortable sharing, it would be interesting to know if you have to form barriers, as a parent, to keep from getting hurt by the things your child may say or do to you.

I don't mean to be argumentative because I think Jodi is not only guilty but Juan is doing a good job however...he DOES get flustered. Take this as the latest example:

@ 24:30

Juan: "One of the psychologists is Richard Samual's that you told, right?"

Jodi "That was not the psychologists"

Juan "Ma'am I did not ask if that was one of the psychologists, did I?"

*ugh*

Yes you did Juan.

http://youtu.be/4BaLE7MiXvI?t=24m28s

I hate to post this because I am giving myself away - grin! But, I mean FLUSTERED. He showed annoyance, but considering that ALL of us (myself included) wanted to throw ourselves across the stand and scream some sense into her on EVERY question, I felt like he kept it holstered really, really well.

I do have to agree with all of you, he showed some annoyance. But, having been in similar positions with nonsense lying, all I could see was such admirable restraint.

But, yes, out of ALL the MANY provocations, he did let some annoyance through once or twice....

A little off topic, but does anyone know why Wilmott was not the one directing questions to JA, instead of Nurmi? Was this a calculated strategy, or did they feel Wilmott just did not have the experience?

I know disparaging remarks are discouraged here - but let's face it, Nurmi is such a disgusting, long-winded, perverted slob that I think the jury now hates him almost as much as JA. They are done with his nonsense. He is clearly detracting from the defense presentation at this point.

The only time I saw Wilmott on the floor, she actually seemed fairly likeable.

I just read something this morning that Wilmot came into the case after Nouri, so she is second chair.

LaViolette is probably receiving pressure from battered women's groups NOT to testify as Arias is not displaying any signs of being battered and would damage the cases of any future battered women going forward. And also if Arias told her that Travis was looking at child *advertiser censored* on the computer, she would have to reveal that on cross and that we know is an outright lie. If I were her, I'd withdraw from the case. But money talks ...

I bet she'd love to withdraw .. if I were her I'd be talking in general terms as much as possible I'd be discussing how battered women can react and still speak for genuinely battered women, but never say that Jodi definitely was. Basically I'd just get up there and answer the questions and remain neutral.

OK I've been thinking about something that is bugging me .. You know how Jodi's Aunt found her mobile (in her grandparents car) and handed it into police late, like in 2010 or something ... doesn't that fit in with the same time frame as the birth of the 'Travis was a pedophile, sex deviant, abuser' defence? And is that the only place where the recording of Jodi and Travis during the infamous sex call was discovered?

Maybe trusty Matt M drove to Yreka and put it in grandpas car to be "discovered"
:banghead:

Nurmi is the first chair. Wilmott, I believe will probably take over if she is convicted. jmo

It was really interesting to read in the court minutes Nurmi's revolving chair between 1st and 2nd chair. It starts way back when the very first two public defenders both jumped ship, before Victoria Washington even.

Are Jodi's grandparents still alive?

OK I've been thinking about something that is bugging me .. You know how Jodi's Aunt found her mobile (in her grandparents car) and handed it into police late, like in 2010 or something ... doesn't that fit in with the same time frame as the birth of the 'Travis was a pedophile, sex deviant, abuser' defence? And is that the only place where the recording of Jodi and Travis during the infamous sex call was discovered?

It does...I thought! But I swear she said she told the Psychologist the story in 2009 (August she guessed) I will look at the Video again. It was yesterday Afternoon testimony! (and to think I was listening so carefully as I want to know the first time that started to emerge)

I don't mean to be argumentative because I think Jodi is not only guilty but Juan is doing a good job however...he DOES get flustered. Take this as the latest example:

@ 24:30

Juan: "One of the psychologists is Richard Samual's that you told, right?"

Jodi "That was not the psychologists"

Juan "Ma'am I did not ask if that was one of the psychologists, did I?"

*ugh*

Yes you did Juan.

http://youtu.be/4BaLE7MiXvI?t=24m28s

Yes, he has mis-spoken at times, and got a little flustered, but he has recovered and quickly regained his focus.

I for one can't blame him. Although I see her game, even through the computer screen and knowing I can just walk away, she has had me almost in tears of frustration.

He is getting the job done, and superbly. IMO

To answer someone else's question, I have also "not" seen the Suicide letters anywhere, so I don't know where we will view them.. Or if!

Why can't I get anyone to answer this?? :tears:

I don't think anyone has seen the alleged notes. Jodi said she sent them to her grandmother's with a note that said "don't open til I'm dead" and that's the last I heard of them.

No one has seen them. IMO

(These threads move incredibly fast, people are not going to see your questions and if they do and they're 15 pages back they might assume they've been answered. Do your own googling and check the media and timeline threads)

It does...I thought! But I swear she said she told the Psychologist the story in 2009 (August she guessed) I will look at the Video again. It was yesterday Afternoon testimony! (and to think I was listening so carefully as I want to know the first time that started to emerge)

I'm pretty sure she said July 09. JM gave her the "Keep talking, 'cause I know the answer, and I'm hoping you lie" look.

And kudos, Mormon Attorney, for your life's work and your helpful posts.

Maybe trusty Matt M drove to Yreka and put it in grandpas car to be "discovered"
:banghead:

Well I always thought it was one example where it showed that her family was honest and were just doing what is right. But now I'm thinking that Jodi hid the phone somewhere else or just gave it to her Aunt for safekeeping and when she came up with the defence that made it useful she just got a message to her aunt to hand the phone in and came up with the 'I lost it in my grandfathers car when getting Chinese Takeaway' story.

Let's face it, the Chinese Takeaway story is an outright lie, that phone was very conveniently 'found' when it became useful to Jodi, and not before.

I think it's another example of Jodi controlling events in the outside world from inside her jail cell for the benefit of her case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member