Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody earlier today posted a theory that was the first thing that really made sense to me. I can't remember who it was (I really should do something about my memory problems, like a certain other someone). So I'm paraphrasing, with profuse apologies:

Jodi calls Travis and said she wants to stop by. She gets there and apologizes for whatever terrible thing she did. Says she realizes that they can never get back together as bf/gf but hopes they can remain friends. And how about a roll in the hay, one last time -- just like she's done with previous boyfriends. Then she kills him.

I remember Jodi saying she called Travis and that he was "guilting" her about not coming to see him. Do we know if there was any phone record of this call?

Thank you, Zuri! This video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-Re_Fl_L4

I have seen this, but so long ago. I will definitely reconnect with it.
Thank you MormonAttorney, Pensfan, CarolinaMoon and others who have opened up doors of understanding. I was raised with a 1st cousin/peer/friend who is a "Sociopath", so this is ALWAYS fascinating to me in being able to make mental leaps in understanding... not just concerning JA and others like her, but my own story and trying gain some pretty big healing aspects.

I'm 2 minutes into this and - holy frijoles - it's scary!!!!

My understanding is it goes to prove that she did in fact have 3 gas cans when fueling up in Pasadena. That she did not return one right after buying it at Wal Mart as they have no record of it. This can be proven even when you pay cash and get cash back. So, her story is all a crock. She lied straight to the jurors faces. Even after saying she's no longer needing to lie and doesn't do it as a habitual thing.

But she got BUSTED BIG TIME.

I think there might even be a witness who saw her with the 3 cans.

Why would you do that when ther are gas stations everywhere along those roads??

It always was confusing to me why she did 3 receipts. I now get it. She did not have all the gas cans showing at the station at the same time. So no 1 would be able to witness she had 3 cans!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I remember Jodi saying she called Travis and that he was "guilting" her about not coming to see him. Do we know if there was any phone record of this call?

there were 2 long calls from him to her on the 2nd. one was something like 41 minutes. i would guess that's when she would claim that happened.

why Travis had to keep this gun a "secret" from the entire world

I am in no way suggesting that Travis had a gun BUT I CAN think of reasons not to tell anyone. First of all, guns are the NUMBER 1 thing a thief looks for in a break in, secondly he had roommates and that is something I would not want a roommate knowing I had.

That is the big puzzle for me. How willing.. Was he willing but reluctant. I just don't see where they ever recovered from the horrible email exchange just 2 weeks prior.

That email was a very final, we are done.. so It is bugging me.. This is not just summed up by "oh men, they will have sex with anyone"

It does not fit this scenario. She had that hold on him in the beginning but no way at the end. That was a crash landing, an implosion of the friendship/relationship. The sexting then some massive explosion happened, then she killed him?

I need to still figure out what the heck happened. How she got in, did he let her in.. I can't believe her that it happened the way she said, she has never uttered a truthful word.

The only thing I believe is she met travis, they knew each other. But beyond that the kid lies! (i wish the dog talked)

That is exactly right. That is the ONE part of this case that bothers me, and we will probably never really know for sure because poor Travis is dead and Jodi is Jodi. I can't imagine from seeing her on the stand, that she was just so great that he could not have turned her down, especially since he had better things on the horizon. It's not like he hadn't already gotten what he wanted, so what did she have to offer that he hadn't already had that would make him get with her again after those texts? That, for me, is the real loose end in this case that hasn't really been addressed by either side, unless it was, and I was too slow to keep up. LOL which could be...lol

Two other receipts on that statement interest me ...

1) Weldon S. Tire Service in Yreka (possible work on rental car ?) - $24.54
2) ARCO Quick Stuff in Benicia CA (why would Arias be way over there closer to San Francisco ?) = $30.04

Hmm ... re: ARCO in Benicia CA

Perhaps after her return flight from Mesa AZ (TA's memorial service on 6/16/2008) to Sacramento CA, she decided to head to her sister's home in Hollister CA and/or back to the Monterey CA area?

In any case, Benicia CA is certainly not on a direct route from Sacramento CA to Yreka CA.

There are calls but nothing besides her word supports this claim of "guilting". In fact, the phone records argue against it. The vast majority of the phone calls between them on June 2nd/3rd were initiated by Jodi, with only two early ones coming from Travis. If he was guilting her, we'd expect it to be the other way around. It was her trying to patch things up with him.

Someone posted, perhaps on this thread, the calls back and forth from around 6-2 on. Seemed to me most, maybe all, originated with Jodi. Jodi wouldn't have had to worry whether Travis would let her in, if the roomies claim that the doors were never locked is true. One of the renters said he'd never even had a key. Leaving the doors always unlocked indicates Travis didn't feel he needed a handgun for protection.

I'm still curious about the other items she purchased at Walmart and whether or not JM will refer to those at all? The other two items were bought in two's which makes them strange indeed.

moo

You guys have unaccounted for mileage right? And if she arrived at Travis' later, than also some time to spare so maybe she did fill up there?

Revised with info about gas in Mesquite NV:

Well she filled up in Pasadena and filled up the gas cans. Her car had a 12-13 gallon capacity.

• From Pasadena to Desert Center, it's 171 miles and takes 5 gallons of gas in a 2008 Ford Focus. On cross-exam, Jodi says she was running low on gas and filled up approx 12 gallons - that's not possible, but she could have topped off.

• From Desert Center, CA to Buckeye, AZ, it's 170 miles and takes 5 gallons of gas. She said she filled up again in Buckeye and conceded on cross that she was running low on gas, so another 12 gallons of gas in Buckeye - this is not possible, and I do not believe she would have stopped at a gas station this close to Travis' home.

• From Buckeye, AZ to Mesa, AZ is 56 miles and takes 1.7 gallons of gas.
  • If you assume Desert Center and Buckeye are fabrications because we don't have receipts and the appearance is Jodi is trying to be a ghost on her way to Travis' -- from Pasadena to Mesa is 386 miles and would take 11 gallons of gas. Jodi could make it to Mesa without stopping for gas, and have about 1 gallon to spare.

• From Mesa to Hoover Dam is 293 miles and takes 8.6 gallons of gas.

• From Hoover Dam to Mesquite, AZ it's 114.5 miles and takes 3.5 gallons of gas. In Mesquite, AZ she purchased $46.11 worth of gasoline --at least 10 gallons. There is no receipt for this gas purchase, and Jodi has not testified about getting gas here - we see this only on the bank statement that Juan entered yesterday.

[*] So from Mesa to Mesquite, AZ, via Hoover Dam, Jodi would have used a little over 12 gallons at a minimum. That is a little more gas than she could have had left over in her tank plus 2, 5-gallon cans. Either she did stop between Mesa and Pasadena, or she had 3 gas cans. If she did stop for gas between Pasadena and Mesa, however, she would not have had to use the gas in the extra cans, so they would have remained full -- and she could not have filled them in SLC, which we know she did. Ergo, she had to have had 3 gas cans.

• From Mesquite, AZ to West Jordan, UT, it's 331 miles, and takes 10 gallons of gas

• From West Jordan to SLC, it's 13 miles and takes .5 gallons of gas.

• In SLC she purchased 20.25 gallons of gas (not counting the possible purchase for the 3rd gas can). Presumably she filled up her car and the two cans, since this is way more gas than her car can hold.

• From SLC to Winnemuca, NV, it's 354 miles and takes 10.4 gallons of gas. She said she was almost on empty when she filled up her car in Winnemuca. She purchased 12 gallons of gas.

• From Winnemuca, NV to Sparks, NV it's 163 miles and takes 4.8 gallons of gas. In Sparks, she bought 5 gallons of gas. So she would have a full tank of gas and an extra 10 gallons in the trunk.

• From Sparks, NV to Yreka, CA , it's 255 miles and takes 7.7 gallons of gas

• From Yreka, CA to Redding, CA, it's 98 miles and takes 3 gallons of gas. In Redding she purchased 9.47 gallons of gas, presumably filling the tank.

• At the end of her trip, she should have also still had 10 gallons of gas in the extra cans if she did not go anywhere else.

CONCLUSION:

1. She could not have made it from Pasadena to Mesquite on a tank of gas and 2, 5-gallon cans.

2. She could make it to Mesquite, NV if she had three extra 5-gallon cans OR if she filled up in Buckeye.

3. If she got filled up in Buckeye, then she would not have needed to use the extra gas cans at any time before she filled up again in Mesquite. And after filling up in Mesquite, she had enough gas to get her to West Jordan and then to SLC, and she still would not have needed the extra cans. But in SLC she filled up the extra 5-gallon cans, so she had to have used them. That means she did not fill up in Buckeye.

4. Since she didn't fill up in Buckeye, she must have used the extra tanks -- but since she couldn't make it all the way to Mesquite with 2 extra cans, she had to have had 3 extra gas cans.

5. Unless she went somewhere else after Sparks, NV, she should have ended her trip with 2 full 5-gallon gas cans.

TA also texted her something about "why don't you get him to tie you to a tree..." I don't know where to find that text? Does anyone else? The way that was worded made it sound like the tying to a tree "fantasy" was JA's more than TA's.

moo

JVM on HLN right now. If she says the jurors have formed a "relationship" with JA one more time I'm going to pull my hair out! :banghead:

That's bizarre if it's what you're saying. The psychologist on Nancy Grace last night said that the jurors have not bonded with JA. Thus, the type and number of questions. Course, if JVM is saying whatever it doesn't surprise me, jmo.

there were 2 long calls from him to her on the 2nd. one was something like 41 minutes. i would guess that's when she would claim that happened.

It needs to be pointed out that those two calls were preceded by three calls from Jodi trying to get in contact with him. And after those two calls, the rest were initiated by Jodi. That doesn't support her story imo.

That is exactly right. That is the ONE part of this case that bothers me, and we will probably never really know for sure because poor Travis is dead and Jodi is Jodi. I can't imagine from seeing her on the stand, that she was just so great that he could not have turned her down, especially since he had better things on the horizon. It's not like he hadn't already gotten what he wanted, so what did she have to offer that he hadn't already had that would make him get with her again after those texts? That, for me, is the real loose end in this case that hasn't really been addressed by either side, unless it was, and I was too slow to keep up. LOL which could be...lol

Theres no rock solid evidence they actually HAD sex, right? We didnt see the video, and there's two pics of TA alone on the bed, and then of JA also alone. IIRC, the pics of TA were kind of off to the side, and possibly could be construed as taken while asleep, or without his permission?

Quester - upon reflection, I believe it was implied, although not explicitly stated that the gas cans were gone.

Here's why:
1) Brewer said he never got the gas cans back
2) If they had found the gas cans in JA's possession, they probably would have taken pics and entered them in evidence and confirmed with Brewer that these were indeed the same gas cans. (maybe)
3) She probably got rid of all 3 gas cans at the same time.

But yeah, I'm not as certain as I was before you called me on it. LOL

She did testify that she left the gas cans at her grandparents' house and did not have a chance to return them to Darryl before she was arrested.

gas.jpg

Thank you for posting this.

Along with the Priceline purchase, I wonder what the $28 charge is from the Sacramento airport. Could that be the price of an extra carry-on, or additional fee for exceeding weight limitations on a piece of luggage?

On DD a married couple who were friends of Travis told about a time the husband went to Travis's to pick him up and very out of character, Travis was in his robe not ready to go. Travis threw his phone against the wall after saying that Jodi was smothering him. I wish I knew the date that happened. I don't think he ever wanted her to come to his house again. And, after the things he said to Jodi over the phone, somewhere in the back of his mind I would think he was fearful of her. Remember the couple that Travis would eat Sunday dinner with? Didn't the husband say Travis told him that he was afraid Jodi would kill him but they thought he wasn't serious about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487