Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling with the issue of premeditation. I keep going back and forth. For me, the issue is the gun.

Does anyone think the defense is going to try to prove that Travis owned the gun that Jodi used? Will they bring in that tape of Travis at the shooting range or will the prosecution bring it on rebuttal? Thoughts?

I'm sure she made a list while planning the trip to AZ and Utah. Here are some items that, IMHO, would have been on it:

1. Go to bank - make deposits and be sure of enuff cash & c-card money available for trip
  2. Get color rinse for hair [or schedule appt with colorist] to change hair color
  3. Be sure to rent a nondescript car for the trip; rent the car in another town -- not Yreka -- make sure car does NOT have GPS
  4. Buy case of bottled water and on-the-road snacks
  5. Borrow gas cans from DB -- need 3
  6. Pair of gloves
  7. Knife
  8. Grandpa's gun/ammo
  9. Remember to hide gun & knife in bathroom, or have them on me when I go into Travis' house
  10. Road maps of Arizona, Utah, Nevada & California
  11. Remember to make a couple of calls to Travis so it will look like the trip to his house is spur-of-the-moment
  12. Phone & charger - TURN PHONE OFF WHEN ENTERING AZ
  13. Change of clothing for departure of Travis' house
  14. Trash bags/matches
  15. Sleeping bag
  16. All money tranactions in AZ must be in case -- try not to buy anything anywhere in AZ
  17. Put up dog fence when you get to his house to keep Naps from coming upstairs -- maybe a treat to keep him from barking or getting restless
  18. Transfer pics from your camera to his
Or something similar -- and I could have forgotten a few...

Yes, this thing was planned, planned planned

Ok then Steely, know any good shrinks? Cuz that's burned into my memory now. And then you add DL's mom? You aren't helping....:banghead:

I should, but nobody's been able to fix my noggin for over 48 years. :what:

I have spent my evening lurking around the web and just saw something posted saying TA had been arrested in 2002 for battery. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

What, does JA think the jury are going against instruction and surfing the net?

Could it be for parking at the airport? I think it's $14 per day.

Went out to dinner with hubby tonight and thought of JA when we went by the Valero on Hilltop in Redding.

Question: Did they say she brought the car back without refilling it?

I don't think that this has been stated yet but the receipt showing the car's return indicates that there was no gas in the tank.

moo

I don't mean to be disgusting but would someone please explain to me the need for all the KY? I heard so much testimony of it and it was in some of the crime pics but why was it necessary? Some WSer on here (I can't find the post) said sex with JA must have been like throwing a hot dog down a hallway YUCK! :what:

It aint gonna be me!!
smiley-scared002.gif

Thanks Allyne! It's like he's saying "if he's so wonderful, ask him to come and do the things you say you want"!

moo

You know a thought occurred to me scrolling through the photos on that link. Couldn't JA have sent herself texts from TA's phone? I'm just imagining him in the shower,or otherwise busy doing something and her texting back and forth between phones, setting up a scenario whereby TA looks like he's as into the whole fantasy deviant stuff that she is and then deleting them before he notices. Is that possible?
Since the suicide journal / letter/ whatever they were dated in 2007,I've come to believe she'd been premeditating her revenge for a year before she acted.

Well, I can see a jealous Jodi "accidentally" dropping Travis' new camera. That Abe guy, who Travis supposedly hated (according to Jodi's world)--cuts Arias no slack and says Jodi purposely used guys to get Travis riled up. Jodi's crying on the stand, to Abe, was a sham to get out of trouble. She only cried for herself and for her panic, to distract people away from the truth.

I have also thought that maybe Jodi purposely provoked Travis, maybe even throwing the camera. Or, maybe he became angry about the photos, and wanted them deleted and she did not. Seriously, there are numerous possible scenarios.

In the end though, something so trivial as that would not have triggered what she did to him. Which brings us back to: her rage, jealousy and vendetta against him for rejecting her, for not wanting her to be part of his life, and for choosing other women over her. She finally realized that she would never really mean anything to Travis, in spite of all the sex she could give him. So maybe she felt used, though she really imo, had no right to. She used him as well to fill her own needs. It really was a very sick and dysfunctional relationship.

Travis was a young, virile man, then she came along and lit a fire under him. She was his temptress of temptresses. She was a woman of the world. She knew exactly what she was doing. She believed she could not only totally seduce him, but own him with this. She was wrong.

Because a forensics person could tell where she had travelled to by what cell tower her phone pinged off of if it was on.

Exactly my point.....

So why would she take the risk of telling Travis and him telling someone else?

It just doesn't make sense...

And, we only have Jodi's word about Travis' sexual fantasies. Since she is such a liar, do we really believe what she says. I don't believe her!

I agree. I think it's safe to say that without definite confirmation, anything she says will always be questionable.

im re watching cross since im having juan withdrawls already,every time i hear

"ma'am do you have a problem with your memory" i burst out laughing.

i hope she keeps her impetulant 5 year old act up on wednesday,the whole she is diggin just keeps getting bigger she ain't getting out of there

And let's hope by Wednesday she will be so stressed out her entire face will be broken out with "stress sores"!

I agree with you, please don't get me wrong. I put all responsibility directly on the beast that Jodi is. I just tend to ponder how, and why. I look to spiritual causes when I discover a complete lack of humanity in someone. Everyone said of Jodi, "There is a vacantness in her eyes", and if the eyes are the window to the soul, well it makes sense her soul is black. I don't think it is human to have such a dark soul. These souls are pretty rare I would guess, thank goodness. A normal human being, even if selfish, doesn't lack some basic humanity. Sure, we can all be selfish and nasty sometimes, but to inflict the horror that this gal did to another human being, keeping in mind she supposedly wasn't under the influence-which can heighten emotions, is just inconceivable. In no way does this not make her accountable. She chose 'evil'~the opposite of 'live'. She made her choice. Zero sympathy here, just trying to figure out how her mind-soul became so dark.
jmo
Unfortunately, due to my circumstances, I've spent far more time than most people should trying to understand sociopaths/psychopaths. Believe it or not they even have their own forums where they happily share information about themselves. And they laugh at "us". They see themselves as more evolved human beings because they are not encumbered by silly things like emotions and morals. Really! I kid you not! They really haven't a clue what a real emotion is and it ticks them off to the point that they belittle "feelings". They DON'T HAVE THEM. They figure out very quickly that they have to pretend to have them to survive in our "alien" world. JA is an extreme version of this. She's even adapted and learned to manipulate language to "match" what we "normals" say!

jmo

Normally I would assume so but I've seen her 'area' (UNFORTUNATELY and can't UNsee it) I would think KY would not be necessary.

Maybe it was already smothered in KY? So leaving that there :)

Normally I would assume so but I've seen her 'area' (UNFORTUNATELY and can't UNsee it) I would think KY would not be necessary.

Very delicately put.:tyou:lol!!

Travis may have known she was coming to see him, but Jodi didn't want anyone else to know, that's for certain.

Yes!!! This is exactly why I don't think Travis was expecting her, because she couldn't risk the chance of telling anyone else that she was on her way. There is NO WAY he was expecting her ... in my opinion. Just doesn't make any sense, given all the trouble she went to in premeditating this crime and not wanting it to be known that she was EVER in Arizona. Ya think?? I think we're on to something ...

I should, but nobody's been able to fix my noggin for over 48 years. :what:

Alright then... We will just have to both be crazy in our own way. I won't pick on Emus if you don't pick on crazy ladies with too much visual memory. Deal? :please: lol

Actually, he mentions the 69, face sitting, etc on the sex tape. I believe that he was genuinely interested in that sort of stuff.

I must have missed something. He mentioned '69' ? Not that it's anything unusual, but I didn't hear that. I did find it hard to understand much of what Travis was saying though.

There are plenty of things to look at, including what's going on in my own mind.

I don't need to give attention or views to someone that nasty. The message is not worth patronizing that kind of offensive crawp.

Maybe more prudent advice would be to the video maker - stick to what you think are the facts and quit that kind of bullying. That's what it is, bullying someone who may have some issues, and I will NOT support it.

In fact I'll ask the moderators to take it down.

I think I am old enough to make my own decision on what I want to read. If you do not like it then just click it off. Please do not make what you feel as offensive to include others that may not feel that way.

I think Travis didn't know she was coming. He was on guard and already was moving on. Because of this, he wasn't interested sexually, perhaps. JA snapping those two pictures of him like that, could be an indicator of this. Maybe Travis tried to appease her and tried to get in the mood by taking those photos of JA. Afterwards, he subtly tried to get her to leave. He washes the sheets on his bed, begins cleaning downstairs etc. JA finally takes the hint and goes. Travis is seen in the shower relaxing, stretching out his back and shoulders... even in a praying position. I think all of these photos could have been taken from the closet by JA after she snuck back in. So once Travis sees her, would he sit down, in effect giving up?

Sorry if this is babbled, had an accident today and on meds.

What a compelling post by Mormon Attorney. Hope no one minds that I've brought it over from the previous thread.

Mormon Attorney: Your sincerity and good heart shine through. A question though: What is the clinical diagnosis of the kids you deal with? PTSD? (Sorry if I missed where you previously explained this.)

Thank you Mormom Attorney for insight to a situation most of us have no clue about. Has anyone watched this video from a woman who babysat Jodie when she was around 5 years old and her brother was just 3? Sad that no one saw Jodie had a problem as a small child and needed professional help.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/21/arias-babysitter-says-she-saw-aggression-arias

Yes!!! This is exactly why I don't think Travis was expecting her, because she couldn't risk the chance of telling anyone else that she was on her way. There is NO WAY he was expecting her ... in my opinion. Just doesn't make any sense, given all the trouble she went to in premeditating this crime and not wanting it to be known that she was EVER in Arizona. Ya think?? I think we're on to something ...

How would she know he wouldn't have the cops waiting on her after that last text he sent?
IMO no way she warned him first.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members