Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect meant to roomates ,but walking arround a ever increasing foul smelling house ,and a dog with an owner who is "out of town " and a load of wet laundry in the washer... Did the dog get fed? The knife was in the dishwasher. Clean ..

I just picture the roomates as being kinda out of touch with everything. It is kinda stunning to think about.

I don't really find it all that weird, tbh.

I got the picture that they weren't home a lot and that they texted Travis. I doubt they'd check the washer if they weren't doing laundry. And maybe his rooms were closed so the smell wasn't obvious.

I live with roommates. We hang out in the kitchen but we don't really keep up with each others daily goings.

Allthough if I just saw a dog roaming around, I'd check what's up, chances are they were only home a couple of days or hours and just assumed Travis had a friend coming over taking care of the dog.

IMO

More calculations.

The total round trip from Redding -> Pasadena -> Mesa -> Las Vegas -> SLC -> Redding = 2389 miles (mileage according to google maps)

Total number of miles she put on her rental: 2834

Difference= 445

Granted she probably put in a few miles here and there for driving within her stopped areas, such as SLC, Pasadena, the drive to TA's house. But 445 is a lot of extra miles. So she probably drove quite far off the route (probably in the desert somewhere in NV or UT) to dispose of the gun/rope/etc... I'm guessing at least 100-200 miles. Meaning she either went off route...or drove in and drove out off of her route so it could be anywhere from 50-100 miles off of I-15 somewhere between Las Vegas and SLC.

Great point

Thanks for the warm welcomes - still not sure how to quote so I'll be taking baby steps here.

I was SO excited to see Beth Karas wearing the beautiful jewelry that Katiecoolady bought for her... yelled to my boyfriend "That's the jewelry from Websleuths!" (he's into the trial as well).

My wish for rebuttal would be for Martinez to have a Powerpoint presentation showing the inconsistencies JA has uttered on the stand (I don't know anything about guns/I'm quite familiar with guns, 2 vs 3 gas cans, etc.). In my heart I believe the jury knows she's been lying to them throughout the trial, but I think it would be so powerful to have it up there in black and white.

Thus far, her lies -- and they are too numerous to list -- are all calculated to help herself.

Given this reality, Juan Martinez has consistently implied that the jury must apply the Arias Truth Axiom in this case.

I.e., if she avers to benefit herself (knowingly), then the opposite is true.

:great:
How about we apply Occam's Razor as well??:please:

Google maps suggested route from Mesa to SLC isn't even through Las Vegas. Curious why she would take that route which is longer.

She used her extra gas so she could get back to I-15. She needed people to think she went from Pasadena to Salt Lake and got "lost".

Is it possible that JM can destroy JA's entire claim of 'self-defense' in his closing? Wouldn't her entire story fall apart if JM can prove beyond reasonable doubt that she started stabbing him while he was defenseless in the shower? That she in no way was in imminent danger while he was in the shower? The only weapons within his reach would have been a loufa and a bar of soap. Her timeline is simply incredulous!!! If, indeed, TA was physically capable of escaping his death chamber, the shower stall, he certainly would NOT have chased HER through the closet - he would have raced as fast as he could to the stairway and down to the front door.

In addition to the ME's testimony that forensics indicate the stab wounds preceded the gunshot wound, common sense dictates this conclusion. Jodi was the one who chased Travis through the bathroom and into the hallway as he struggled to escape - not
vice-versa.

There was NO 'accidental' dropping of the camera, precipitating the 'fatal fight'! Her story is a crock! It was a cold-blooded murder!

I also asume they never washed clothes either due to Travis's camera still being in the washer.

I hope I never have roomates like this.

I really wonder if they really had no clue for that long or if they were scared to react for a few days.

I have only seen reports from one roommate and he indicated he only came in and out of the house except for one night. He was at his girlfriend's home most of that time. He also said he washed a load of clothes early in the week before that day.

But, I also remember JA saying that when she was there she thought one of the roommates was there at some point. Now, I do think it is very strange that TA could have been dead in the shower stall and no one know it for 4 or 5 days. And also I would think the dog's behaviour would change. I don't have any suspicions about the roomies, just commenting that to me it is strange. jmo

I really think she left clues, like the camera in the wash, the dog gate on the stairs, the ring and wallet in the kitchen. I totally think she expected TA to be found sooner and then she could play the role of loving ex girlfriend for the masses. I do not think she e pected to get caught. IMO, she wanted everyone to know that he was having sex with her and somehow that would validate her and make her so special in her mind.

Agreed...If TA was a "neat freak" so to speak...i.e., jeans hung up in closet, shoes perfectly aligned, etc...you'd think he would want his wallet and ring in his bedroom, in a secure location, probably in their rightful spot he would always put them in.

I can't speak for TA or most guys, but when I take my watch off, and put my wallet, keys etc. down for the night, I have a certain place I put them. I don't just haphazardly leave things around the house.

No disrespect meant to roomates ,but walking arround a ever increasing foul smelling house ,and a dog with an owner who is "out of town " and a load of wet laundry in the washer... Did the dog get fed? The knife was in the dishwasher. Clean ..

I just picture the roomates as being kinda out of touch with everything. It is kinda stunning to think about.

she's lying about the knife. i don't believe the police missed the murder weapon right there in the dishwasher.

the roomies weren't even really friends. they didn't hang out with him at all. they just lived there. one had only been there 2 weeks when TA died. it IS stunning, but they were guys with their own jobs and GF's and they said they weren't even clear when he was leaving for cancun and thought he'd left on that trip. the dog did get fed by one of the GFs.

I am only missing when she moved back to Arizona after the break up

September 2006 – Travis Alexander met Jodi Arias at a conference in Las Vegas. At the time, Alexander was 30. Arias, then 28, was living in Palm Desert, Calif., November 26, 2006 –Arias baptized into the LDS Church
February 2, 2007 – Alexander and Arias began dating.
June 29, 2007 – Alexander and Arias broke up.
July 2007 --------- Jodi Moves To Mesa...
December 2007 – Alexander began dating another woman. He told friends Jodi was stalking him.
January 8, 2008 – Arias, according to prosecutors, sent this text to Alexander: "Ahhh!! I fell asleep! But to answer your question, yes I want to grind you. And I want to be LOUD. And I want to give you a nice, warm 'mouth hug' too. :)"
January 18, 2008 – Arias, according to prosecutors, sent this text to Alexander: "My p---y is SO WET."
March 2008 – Arias and Alexander visited several states together, including Oklahoma and Texas.
April 2008 - Arias moved from Arizona back to California.
May 10, 2008 - Arias posted the last entry to her online blog. It reads, in part: "I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment."
(Travis wrote the angry email to her)
May 18, 2008 - Alexander posted the last entry, titled "Why I want to marry a Gold Digger," to his online blog.
June 2008 - During the first week of June 2008, Alexander told friends that he suspected Arias had hacked into his Facebook account. He allegedly said that he told her to stay out of his life forever.
June 2, 2008 - Arias, according to police, picked up Rental car.
June 4, 2008 - Arias allegedly went to Alexander's home in Mesa, Ariz. And Murdered him
June 5, 2008 - Arias went to visit Ryan Burns in Utah
June 7, 2008 - Arias, according to police, returned her rental car
June 9, 2008 - Alexander's friends, found his body
June 13, 2008 - Arias posted a photo gallery "In Loving Memory of Travis."
June 17, 2008 - Arias interviewed at Mesa Police Dept

I have been meaning to do something like this myself, and am always glad I put something off long enough that somebody else does it. :blushing:

I know you compiled this timeline from all the info we have, so my questions aren't meant as any criticism of you. I have a couple of questions about the text messages that don't make sense to me.

There is a text from Travis to Jodi that was in Paperwing's compilation of two text messages (it's not shown on your timeline). It begins "(illegible) you have that
information. its 15 minutes it would take to gt the info. But you won't take 15
minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie." Paperwing's guess is that this text was sent in April 2008 (based on the information she could uncover). But this would have been at least two weeks before the phone sex conversation. It seems odd that he would be so angry with her and two weeks later he's over it.

Then there is the text that begins with "why don't you have him come and *advertiser censored** you in the woods." You have this on your timeline as being sent May 10, 2008. That date comes from a filing that Nurmi made when he was trying to get letters, emails & texts submitted into evidence. But that is the SAME DAY as the phone sex conversation! Travis really went from phone sex to fury within a few hours? Or maybe it was the other way around?

My point is, I think the dates for both of these texts is wrong. I think Nurmi made a mistake. The frustrating thing is that we are all trying to make sense of what was going on between them during those last six weeks/two months, and I think we've got information that is wrong.

I notice the "priceline" transaction is questionalble as to how she could afford that.

Just a theory... Travis never cashed the cheques she wrote him?

Posting this just because I can ...

There is NO FOG in JA's brain - just SMOKE and MIRRORS!

More calculations.

The total round trip from Redding -> Pasadena -> Mesa -> Las Vegas -> SLC -> Redding = 2389 miles (mileage according to google maps)

Total number of miles she put on her rental: 2834

Difference= 445

Granted she probably put in a few miles here and there for driving within her stopped areas, such as SLC, Pasadena, the drive to TA's house. But 445 is a lot of extra miles. So she probably drove quite far off the route (probably in the desert somewhere in NV or UT) to dispose of the gun/rope/etc... I'm guessing at least 100-200 miles. Meaning she either went off route...or drove in and drove out off of her route so it could be anywhere from 50-100 miles off of I-15 somewhere between Las Vegas and SLC.

That is like 7 hours of drive time. Wow.

Her decision to act as her own attorney coincided with the forged pedo letters popping up. That tells me that her counsel at the time knew they were faked and refused to try to get them admitted. When JA tried to get them in and failed, she immediately requested that her attorneys be reinstated.

JA is as ridiculous as was Bundy, who also had the arrogance to rep himself in court. Both had about as much chance of winning as a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest.

Google maps suggested route from Mesa to SLC isn't even through Las Vegas. Curious why she would take that route which is longer.

She probably wanted to burn things in the desert or claim the 'fog' or just gather her thoughts to her lies. She need time.:furious: She was stalling and getting her lies and her demeanor together.

Seriously, I am curious if she thought he'd be found immediately, when she was in Utah, or certainly by the time she was en route back to Yreka......or did she know they wouldn't notice anything for days? Once he was discovered, all eyes quickly focused on her even before forensics proved she was there.

MOO

That is what gets me. As soon as they found him everyone points to her. She thinks because there were no gas receipts or cell pings she would skate free?

One thing Flores told her was it looked bad for her cell not being used for 20 hours.

I have only seen reports from one roommate and he indicated he only came in and out of the house except for one night. He was at his girlfriend's home most of that time. He also said he washed a load of clothes early in the week before that day.

But, I also remember JA saying that when she was there she thought one of the roommates was there at some point. Now, I do think it is very strange that TA could have been dead in the shower stall and no one know it for 4 or 5 days. And also I would think the dog's behaviour would change. I don't have any suspicions about the roomies, just commenting that to me it is strange. jmo

I find it strange myself. Wouldn't either of them use the bathroom at some point? I was thinking since TA's body wasn't discovered for 5 days that no roommate was home at all, they were out of town. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo