Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that JM can destroy JA's entire claim of 'self-defense' in his closing? Wouldn't her entire story fall apart if JM can prove beyond reasonable doubt that she started stabbing him while he was defenseless in the shower? That she in no way was in imminent danger while he was in the shower? The only weapons within his reach would have been a loufa and a bar of soap. Her timeline is simply incredulous!!! If, indeed, TA was physically capable of escaping his death chamber, the shower stall, he certainly would NOT have chased HER through the closet - he would have raced as fast as he could to the stairway and down to the front door.

In addition to the ME's testimony that forensics indicate the stab wounds preceded the gunshot wound, common sense dictates this conclusion. Jodi was the one who chased Travis through the bathroom and into the hallway as he struggled to escape - not
vice-versa.

There was NO 'accidental' dropping of the camera, precipitating the 'fatal fight'! Her story is a crock! It was a cold-blooded murder!

What an awkward place for a left handed person to stab someone...in that tiny shower...just can't picture this?

I find it strange myself. Wouldn't either of them use the bathroom at some point? I was thinking since TA's body wasn't discovered for 5 days that no roommate was home at all, they were out of town. :waitasec:

Very strange indeed. Makes no sense.

Is it possible that JM can destroy JA's entire claim of 'self-defense' in his closing? Wouldn't her entire story fall apart if JM can prove beyond reasonable doubt that she started stabbing him while he was defenseless in the shower? That she in no way was in imminent danger while he was in the shower? The only weapons within his reach would have been a loufa and a bar of soap. Her timeline is simply incredulous!!! If, indeed, TA was physically capable of escaping his death chamber, the shower stall, he certainly would NOT have chased HER through the closet - he would have raced as fast as he could to the stairway and down to the front door.

In addition to the ME's testimony that forensics indicate the stab wounds preceded the gunshot wound, common sense dictates this conclusion. Jodi was the one who chased Travis through the bathroom and into the hallway as he struggled to escape - not
vice-versa.

There was NO 'accidental' dropping of the camera, precipitating the 'fatal fight'! Her story is a crock! It was a cold-blooded murder!

I think he's already proved it by making her provide so many details about what went down. If you go by her VERSION of events, there's no way she could've rolled away from a stronger taller man and he just let her run past him. And that undisturbed closet is a great help too.

I also asume they never washed clothes either due to Travis's camera still being in the washer.

I hope I never have roomates like this.

I really wonder if they really had no clue for that long or if they were scared to react for a few days.

I don't find it odd at all. My understanding is they just rented rooms from TA. I don't think they were even hung around together. They both worked and had girlfriends, so they were really only home to sleep. Plus men are so different than women. They don't think like us.

Google maps suggested route from Mesa to SLC isn't even through Las Vegas. Curious why she would take that route which is longer.

What the other poster said and also because that's how far she could go with 3 gas cans. She needed to get back on I-15 to get gas on the regular route from pasadena to SLC.

The roommates are just so disappointing. The ring and watch there for all to see, car in garage, strange smell by the weekend...

I imagine Jodi was losing her mind when she had not heard anything by Thursday night.

BBM

While the circumstances and outcome are disappointing, I don't blame the roommates.

In the blinding truth of hindsight, I was initially troubled as to why they didn't consider themselves each others' keepers.

But I've come to believe that that this was little more than a middle-class flophouse, where they rented rooms from TA, slept, and cleaned up (sometimes), but little else. One of them often crashed at the girlfriend's place and was reportedly there during this time.

In fact, I don't put it past Jodi to have selected the murder date/time based on whom she knew was NOT present at the time.

I am sooo glad she opened that door!!! because it will also come up that the gun was not found when searched by LE but was hidden in the car and found by the detailing people at the rental place iirc

Why did JA mom call to see if that gun had been found?

I cringe everytime I see the word KY....It really is a slap in the face to all of us that live in the state of Ky. :blushing:

I posted something to KYLady along this line. Wondered if she thought about changing her screen name with all this KY talk.

The cops have her 9mm don't they? Can they trace it?

i understood they found the proof she purchased it at her grandparent's house and i THOUGHT they even named the store where she bought it during the trial. ( i could be wrong, but i thought it was a store.)

I find it strange myself. Wouldn't either of them use the bathroom at some point? I was thinking since TA's body wasn't discovered for 5 days that no roommate was home at all, they were out of town. :waitasec:

Travis was in an upstairs master bathroom, behind a locked door. The roommates had their own bathroom downstairs. So they had no reason to go up to his locked area. And they had only been living there a week or two, so they didnt know anything was out of the ordinary. They probably thought he was at a girlfriends or something.

I am sure there were other bathrooms in the house other than the master bath.

She says she cut it on metal. It was just a boo boo that healed rather quickly. Why file work comp? She was also vague the first time she told this story so some of us just assumed she was talking about cutting it on a piece of glass. I see no reason disbelieve her here. Besides, this whole thing with the finger is a non-issue. On the stand she admitted that this particular cut had nothing to do with the bandaged injury that Burns saw on June 5th. She said that her right hand got cut again while picking up glass at Travis's home on June 4th and it was implied that this was what Burns saw bandaged. Why Numri even showed those photos to the jury is beyond me, it did nothing to counter JM's contention that it was her left finger that got injured on June 4th.

I'm sure I'm not alone in tracking all of Arias' lies "at this point in time" (sorry for that). ;)

So did she ever say she cut her finger on a Margarita glass? Or did she always say she cut it on some metal ledge?

She takes the time to photograph her injury but not file a work comp claim? No. That makes no sense.

I don't think we've heard the last of that finger. Something's fishy with those photos. Anyone else think that?

Yesterday on here there was a lot of discussion about how this injury on the right index finger looks a lot like a wound from the slide when someone inexperienced shoots a gun (I know nothing about guns, so I can't confirm this). Supposedly that can cause a "pinch" type wound like this. The thought is that JM is attempting to prove it was NOT a work related injury (JA claims it was in an attempt to show that she had a cut on right finger when seeing Ryan, not on left) and then maybe somehow he can set up (with firearm expert?) that it IS a wound consistent with firing a gun (gun was reported stolen just 1-2 days before the time stamped photos of the right finger injury- maybe Jodi was trying out the gun). Speculation is that after sustaining that injury, she may have decided the gun wouldn't be the best weapon to use on TA and so she switched to a knife but brought the gun for back-up and ended up using it last when TA put up such a fight in the knife attack.

Google maps suggested route from Mesa to SLC isn't even through Las Vegas. Curious why she would take that route which is longer.

I have made this trek many times.

Taking the I-17 to Highway 89 is shorter distance in mileage terms, but the road itself is a long stretch of 2 lane, plus it winds around the Grand Canyon.

Going from Phoenix through Las Vegas is a bit longer of a drive, but it is mostly freeway driving.

Believe me, I don't mind tacking on an extra hour or so going through Las Vegas. A little safer, as far as driving.

Plus she wanted to give off the impression of driving from Pasadena to Salt Lake City, which would require her to be on I-15.

No disrespect meant to roomates ,but walking arround a ever increasing foul smelling house ,and a dog with an owner who is "out of town " and a load of wet laundry in the washer... Did the dog get fed? The knife was in the dishwasher. Clean ..

I just picture the roomates as being kinda out of touch with everything. It is kinda stunning to think about.

I read a transcript of a detective interview with one of the roommates and their living situation didn't sound very communal. They came and went, didn't hang out together, had never eaten dinner together.... it was more like they rented rooms, not much interaction with each other.

Some of what they didn't notice seems odd, but it wasn't the kind of household where people areasking about each other's whereabouts.

I'm pretty sure they had their own bathrooms and TA had the big one. jmo

What the other poster said and also because that's how far she could go with 3 gas cans. She needed to get back on I-15 to get gas on the regular route from pasadena to SLC.

Thanks! Forgot for a moment she wasn't supposed to be in AZ and was checking the mileage from Mesa to SLC.

My bad!

:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members