Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "lost and found" cell phone charger is the premed clincher for me. She said she felt more secure with gas cans driving through the desert at night, but no cell phone??? Single woman alone at night with combustable material smelling in tha back of the car, but no concern @ cell phone. Filled up at two gas stations and did not buy another charger?
Those pesky cell phone chargers always hide under the seat when ya need 'um!

If I am looking for my cell phone charger, under my seat is the very first place I look. And it is usually right there. I hope the jury realizes how silly her story is, that she couldn't find it for 20 hrs, while in Arizona---yet it was under her car seat.

There is a lot that makes sense about Travis being held a prisoner that day. But what about the pictures of her? Couldn't he get away if she was in such a vulnerable position? Or call the police or turn the tables on her with a weapon? My mind is still boggled about that whole day.

IMO I don't believe she held TA as a prisoner.

This is pure speculation and theory:

Remember at the point of the murder she had done everything possible to cover up her trip to AZ. There was no battered woman defense in her mind on 06-04.

Now I don't know if there is a record of texts after the 05-28 text where he pretty much tells her that (whatever it was he found out about) she either had to come clean or stay away from him. She plans the trip to kill him.

If he knew she was coming, there is an awful risk that TA might tell a friend or a roommate. Or that he wouldn't see her.

I think she waited, outside his house until both roommates were gone on 06-04. I believe she showed up at his door and said she was going to come clean. She played on his emotions excusing whatever it was she had done on her love for him. I think he did have sex with her, and then she killed him.

Again this is just a theory.

Gas was cheaper in SLC, and she needed to return to car with a full tank, or be charged Calif. gas prices by the rental company.

Post 128 of the last thread. It may have been updated by now. cut and paste below.

Minor4th gas can analysis.

Well she filled up in Pasadena and filled up the gas cans. Her car had a 12-13 gallon capacity.
From Pasadena to Desert Center, it's 171 miles and takes 5 gallons of gas in a 2008 Ford Focus. On cross-exam, Jodi says she was running low on gas and filled up approx 12 gallons - that's not possible, but she could have topped off.

From Desert Center, CA to Buckeye, AZ, it's 170 miles and takes 5 gallons of gas. She said she filled up again in Buckeye and conceded on cross that she was running low on gas, so another 12 gallons of gas in Buckeye - this is not possible, and I do not believe she would have stopped at a gas station this close to Travis' home.

From Buckeye, AZ to Mesa, AZ is 56 miles and takes 1.7 gallons of gas.
If you assume Desert Center and Buckeye are fabrications because we don't have receipts and the appearance is Jodi is trying to be a ghost on her way to Travis' -- from Pasadena to Mesa is 386 miles and would take 11 gallons of gas. Jodi could make it to Mesa without stopping for gas, and have about 1 gallon to spare.

From Mesa to Hoover Dam is 293 miles and takes 8.6 gallons of gas.

From Hoover Dam to Mesquite, AZ it's 114.5 miles and takes 3.5 gallons of gas. In Mesquite, AZ she purchased $46.11 worth of gasoline --at least 10 gallons. There is no receipt for this gas purchase, and Jodi has not testified about getting gas here - we see this only on the bank statement that Juan entered yesterday.

So from Mesa to Mesquite, AZ, via Hoover Dam, Jodi would have used a little over 12 gallons at a minimum. That is a little more gas than she could have had left over in her tank plus 2, 5-gallon cans. Either she did stop between Mesa and Pasadena, or she had 3 gas cans. If she did stop for gas between Pasadena and Mesa, however, she would not have had to use the gas in the extra cans, so they would have remained full -- and she could not have filled them in SLC, which we know she did. Ergo, she had to have had 3 gas cans.

From Mesquite, AZ to West Jordan, UT, it's 331 miles, and takes 10 gallons of gas

From West Jordan to SLC, it's 13 miles and takes .5 gallons of gas.

In SLC she purchased 20.25 gallons of gas (not counting the possible purchase for the 3rd gas can). Presumably she filled up her car and the two cans, since this is way more gas than her car can hold.

From SLC to Winnemuca, NV, it's 354 miles and takes 10.4 gallons of gas. She said she was almost on empty when she filled up her car in Winnemuca. She purchased 12 gallons of gas.

From Winnemuca, NV to Sparks, NV it's 163 miles and takes 4.8 gallons of gas. In Sparks, she bought 5 gallons of gas. So she would have a full tank of gas and an extra 10 gallons in the trunk.

From Sparks, NV to Yreka, CA , it's 255 miles and takes 7.7 gallons of gas

From Yreka, CA to Redding, CA, it's 98 miles and takes 3 gallons of gas. In Redding she purchased 9.47 gallons of gas, presumably filling the tank.

At the end of her trip, she should have also still had 10 gallons of gas in the extra cans if she did not go anywhere else.

CONCLUSION:

1. She could not have made it from Pasadena to Mesquite on a tank of gas and 2, 5-gallon cans.

2. She could make it to Mesquite, NV if she had three extra 5-gallon cans OR if she filled up in Buckeye.

3. If she got filled up in Buckeye, then she would not have needed to use the extra gas cans at any time before she filled up again in Mesquite. And after filling up in Mesquite, she had enough gas to get her to West Jordan and then to SLC, and she still would not have needed the extra cans. But in SLC she filled up the extra 5-gallon cans, so she had to have used them. That means she did not fill up in Buckeye.

4. Since she didn't fill up in Buckeye, she must have used the extra tanks -- but since she couldn't make it all the way to Mesquite with 2 extra cans, she had to have had 3 extra gas cans.

5. Unless she went somewhere else after Sparks, NV, she should have ended her trip with 2 full 5-gallon gas cans.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Jodi Arias made statements to Flores, the media and the jury that shows she has the thinking of a sociopath/psychopath.

“If I killed somebody, I would wear gloves. I have plenty of them.”

“If I killed Travis, I would show him mercy. I would shoot him. I’d never stab him.”

“I didn’t kill Travis. I have many ex boyfriends and they are all alive.”

“I would never kill Travis because I believe in the ten commandments: Thou Shall Not Kill.”

“I loved Travis on June 4, 2008 (when she was stabbing him to death, slitting his throat and shooting him in the head) and I still do but in a different way.”

“I didn’t call 911 because even though I was fighting for my life, I didn’t see it that way. I felt I did something wrong.”

“I didn’t know if he was dead or alive because I never killed anyone before.”

“I thought if you pointed a gun at someone loaded or not they’d stop” and she puts her hands up as if she is surrendering to police.

“I didn’t even know he was shot after the gun went off. He didn’t act any different. He was still angry, threatening my life and pulling on my clothes and trying to get control of me.”

“I have no memory of stabbing Travis or dragging his body. I guess I must have blacked out.”

“I don’t know how the bullet casing got in the blood because there was no blood when I shot him.”

“I had no fear – I mean anger – when I was stabbing Travis.”

“I can remember feelings but not details when I am in a blackout.”

“I remember I was in mortal terror that day.”

“I made up the story I told police to fit the forensics.”

“I called the police to find out what they knew to see if I was going to be arrested.”

“I didn’t tell the police about the pedophilia or abuse because I thought it would look like I had a motive.”

“I was free to date because I was single.”

“I confronted Travis about making out with a woman because although we weren’t boyfriend/girlfriend he was courting me.”

“I did television interviews because I wanted to protect Travis’s and my relationship.”

“I lied to the police about killing Travis because I wanted to protect Travis’ reputation.”

“I said no jury would convict me because I planned to commit suicide.”

“I tried to commit suicide once but when I nicked my wrist, it stung.”

“I have a very good memory except when I am under stress or someone is yelling at me.”

“I don’t usually lie. I only lied about killing Travis to protect his memory and I was scared and ashamed for anyone to know I was capable of doing such a thing.”

“I slept with him after I discovered he had an attraction to children because I thought he would stay away from children if he slept with me.”

“I’m telling the truth now because I am under oath.”

“I swore to tell the truth to the best of my ability.”

Unfortunately most of the details regarding the BMW have not been cleared up during the trial, and it is basically her word (which is worthless) as to what the arrangements were. And ironically there is no mention of the car in the most recent text messages between Travis and JA. I do believe she owed him money, irregardless of where the car was located, and hadn't been making any payments, therefore the check left on his desk. What is missing, however, is if he was going to take any legal action against her for the damages or if they had a formal arrangement she has not disclosed.

MOO
Am I misremembering? (That reminds of a vile phrase used in FL - mis-truth) lol
I thought in one of the e-mails he DID mention something about money she owed him - maybe I just assumed it was for the car?

OMG, TexasGirlie! I was just reading about that. One of my best friends lives on El Dorado Pkwy just south of where this happened! So horrible! Praying for those 2 precious children! :what:

Whoa, my husband's brother lives off El Dorado Pkwy!

If I am looking for my cell phone charger, under my seat is the very first place I look. And it is usually right there. I hope the jury realizes how silly her story is, that she couldn't find it for 20 hrs, while in Arizona---yet it was under her car seat.

Hope defense doesn't read this, but...her "fog" could be gas fume induced!:great:

Swiping part of someone else's tip on the table. Tending bar in places that weren't large chains would up her ability to steal. "Charge" someone for a $5.50 beer and put it in your pocket? If there's no system in place, stealing in a scenario like that is easy.

OT
My SO and I were in a restarant awhile back and there was a new waitor that had our table. It was amazing to watch him as he was more concerned about tips than trying to do a good job waiting the tables.

The first thing he did was scarf up the tip money from about 3 other tables that was his, but he did this as my table and 2 others waited on their initial bread morsels that are supposed to come right away as the first thing even before ordering.

We continued to watch him as he grabbed other new tables from other waiters and waitresses to claim them before they could get to them. It got worse from there.

He was obviously very new and we think it was even his first day. At first we got upset with him, but then we began to laugh and watch what a disaster was unfolding in front of us.

We had been there before, so knew the procedures he was supposed to follow. When he came to our table to begin the ordering process, he stumbled greatly and we just played along and were nice to him. Once our main order was ready, we saw it under the hot lamps and after about 10 minutes, finally the cooks called another waitor to come get it and bring it to the table. We then saw this waitor go tell the manager about him. All this without us even complaining about anything.

As soon as the people from his tables left and were walking towards the door, he would literally run to the table and grab the tip right in front of other people eating. It was kind of sad to see what was happening. But we knew the manager was on top of it by now and was watching him too.

Finally the manager actually called him over and they pulled him in the back for some kind of meeting. By then we were ready to leave and we left our normal 15% on the table. We figure he probably would not be employed after that day.

It was kind of sad to watch. We dont know if he was just despareately needing money or what his story was, but he sure did not know how to properly be a waitor.

Sorry for OT post, but it reminded me of something Jodi would pull since she is such a liar and she comes across conniving. I could see her doing something like this.

I think she waited, outside his house until both roommates were gone on 06-04. I believe she showed up at his door and said she was going to come clean. She played on his emotions excusing whatever it was she had done on her love for him. I think he did have sex with her, and then she killed him.

I'm not sure if this was brought into any sharper focus during the testimony, but according to Flores's report, Travis's roommate Zachary had to return a rental car he had been using. The report doesn't give the hours. "He returned home at about 1500 hours for about an hour before going back to Mandy's house at about 1600 hours."

The report further states that the unallocated photos on the digital card were recovered by Det. Melendez, and were time stamped starting at 1340 hours. These were the nude pix, 6 of jodi and 2 of travis.

so if these times are right, jodi was with travis when Zachary came home between 3 and 4pm.

JA ruined the transmission by towing the BMW in neutral. She claims U-Haul put the car on a front wheel dolly and left it 'in gear'. Anyone who knows BMWs is aware they are rear wheel drive so you can't tow them 'in gear' anyway. It doesn't matter neutral with no lubrication will ruin the transmission within say thirty minutes easily.

She claims to have towed her Infiniti on a flatbed trailer to Yreka when she eventually left AZ so I'm assuming the BMW was still in AZ. She also says her Infiniti got repossessed at some stage.

Thanks PerfectVirgo! :wave:

Just my speculation: So from mid-April when JA moved and ruined the BMW engine until June 4th - date of the murder, JA may have been slowly paying TA for the cost of repairs to the BMW and perhaps not for the full purchase of the car.?.

Would anyone here be able to answer a question for me? I was just wondering why has it taken almost five years for this case to go to trial? That is a really long time.

Just wondering.....

Random question: can her false accusations against Travis re; abuse and BS pedophilia be used against her during the death sentencing hearings?

A small rental car, no less, which should not have had an accumulation of things under it for this charger to be "lost". Oh, how she lies......

:rolleyes:

Mountain Standard Time, with the exception of the Navajo Nation, which does observe MDT...

Arizona is on "God's Time". No daylight savings. Which made it extra special fun to live in Bullhead City and Golden Valley and work in Laughlin, NV.

In fact, at one point I was working for a billboard company (then Colorado River Advertising) in AZ, Nikki's Bit of Italy in Bullhead City () and Golden Nugget in Laughlin (drunks with no concept of the Gambler's Fallacy).

Some days I had no idea what day it was.

Hey guys and gals!!! Hope ya'll are having a great Sunday (or Monday)!!! Not sure if (somewhere along the lines) anyone has posted something about the following murder, but I came across it and from the details of it all you'd swear that if JA wasn't locked up back in October '12 that she had a hand in this case. It's about another female stalker/murderer from Cali (it appears) but the one in this case is from (or at least killed her ex in) San Diego. I just couldn't help but notice that the female in this case seems to have taken a page from the Jodi Arias handbook on how to stalk and kill an ex...

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Suspicious-Death-Reported-in-Imperial-Beach--174489281.html

* ATTN MODS: I'm relatively new here at WS but not new to forums in general and I know that different forums have different rules on what can be posted and what can't, &/or where certain posts should go to be best utilized (in regards to specific threads, etc). I'm posting it in this specific thread because I believe that it deals with the JA case in terms of some striking similarities (between it & the JA case) and I wanted to share with all WSers that care to check it out (and see the similarities). Please delete or move this post if this is where it shouldn't be posted, my apologies if this is the case, & my thanks for your patience while I learn here at WS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah