Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What more needs to come? She’s guilty. She admits she killed him and by killed him I mean she admits she over killed him. And I believe she should be sentenced accordingly but to make a grandstand death penalty case out of this obsessive woman scorned case just turned the whole thing into a giant circus.

I agree with you in that this trial was turned into a circus...by Jodi and her DT. The way they turned this murder trial into a lurid sex show is disgusting. IMO the Prosecutor is doing what he has to do.

Oh Oh! I wish a juror would ask "You say you get the shakes when someone is 'yelling' at you. So how is it, mam, how is it that you seem aggressive towards JM when he's questioning you?"

Jodi Arias made statements to Flores, the media and the jury that shows she has the thinking of a sociopath/psychopath.

“If I killed somebody, I would wear gloves. I have plenty of them.”

“If I killed Travis, I would show him mercy. I would shoot him. I’d never stab him.”

“I didn’t kill Travis. I have many ex boyfriends and they are all alive.”

“I would never kill Travis because I believe in the ten commandments: Thou Shall Not Kill.”

“I loved Travis on June 4, 2008 (when she was stabbing him to death, slitting his throat and shooting him in the head) and I still do but in a different way.”

“I didn’t call 911 because even though I was fighting for my life, I didn’t see it that way. I felt I did something wrong.”

“I didn’t know if he was dead or alive because I never killed anyone before.”

“I thought if you pointed a gun at someone loaded or not they’d stop” and she puts her hands up as if she is surrendering to police.

“I didn’t even know he was shot after the gun went off. He didn’t act any different. He was still angry, threatening my life and pulling on my clothes and trying to get control of me.”

“I have no memory of stabbing Travis or dragging his body. I guess I must have blacked out.”

“I don’t know how the bullet casing got in the blood because there was no blood when I shot him.”

“I had no fear – I mean anger – when I was stabbing Travis.”

“I can remember feelings but not details when I am in a blackout.”

“I remember I was in mortal terror that day.”

“I made up the story I told police to fit the forensics.”

“I called the police to find out what they knew to see if I was going to be arrested.”

“I didn’t tell the police about the pedophilia or abuse because I thought it would look like I had a motive.”

“I was free to date because I was single.”

“I confronted Travis about making out with a woman because although we weren’t boyfriend/girlfriend he was courting me.”

“I did television interviews because I wanted to protect Travis’s and my relationship.”

“I lied to the police about killing Travis because I wanted to protect Travis’ reputation.”

“I said no jury would convict me because I planned to commit suicide.”

“I tried to commit suicide once but when I nicked my wrist, it stung.”

“I have a very good memory except when I am under stress or someone is yelling at me.”

“I don’t usually lie. I only lied about killing Travis to protect his memory and I was scared and ashamed for anyone to know I was capable of doing such a thing.”

“I slept with him after I discovered he had an attraction to children because I thought he would stay away from children if he slept with me.”

“I’m telling the truth now because I am under oath.”

“I swore to tell the truth to the best of my ability.”

I hope JM plays this over and over again for the jury. JA said using a knife to murder would be heinous. :furious:

Here'a a question for all of Juan's critics...
If you found yourself in the same tragic situation Travis' family finds themselves in right now, would you be as critical of Juan?

Imagine the face of someone you love on TA's mutilated body...I think under such a circumstance anyone would be grateful to have an aggressive bulldog like JM doing what has to be done.

jmo

She is the reason the death penalty was established.

If we don't give her the death penalty then might as well get rid of it. I've never seen anyone who deserves death more than she does. I hope this jury does right by Travis.

Slow on the uptake here. but your post clearly outlines why she wants shot to go in first. . For the stabbing, she cannot claim the fog happened on the first Stab that she gave him. you betcha that Juan is going to make that a big deal in a closing!

ETA I really must read my talk to text before I post! And correct, otherwise it is just silly!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

She had to have her story say that the gunshot came first because if the stabbing was first in her story then she would have had to get away from him, run all the way downstairs to the kitchen and then run all the way BACK to stab him. And that is NOT self-defense. It would have been both faster and safer for her to run downstairs and keep running out of the house. Running BACK up the stairs to HIM who conveniently stayed in the bathroom as wasn't chasing her down the stairs (that's where the blood evidence is) stops being self-defense right there and becomes murder.

The self-defense defense only works if she had NO other option than to kill him to save her life because her life was in immediate danger and there was NOTHING else she could have done. She has to say the gunshot came first to be a self-defense incident, and since he WAS shot, the only plausibl thing she could say is that there was a gun very close by to use as a weapon to save her life that was in immediate danger.

She had no other option than to say the gunshot came first because the only story that is plausible is that the gun was kept in the nearby closet, and since her life was in immediate danger she had no other option but to kill him to save her own life... and the gun is in th closet and the knives downstairs in the kitchen. In order to make this a self-defense story, she HAS to say the gunshot came first because it was the weapon closest at hand and the area where all the blood evidence is.

And of course she has no other option than to claim amnesia for all the stabbing and throat slitting because with her story of the gunshot coming first all the rest is murder, not self-defense. She had to have run down to the kitchen for a knife and run BACK to the scene of the crime to do all the other wounds, and had she not been in this temporary insanity "fog" state all the rest would be murder not self-defense and temporary insanity.

That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it. ;)

Here'a a question for all of Juan's critics...
If you found yourself in the same tragic situation Travis' family finds themselves in right now, would you be as critical of Juan?

Imagine the face of someone you love on TA's mutilated body...I think under such a circumstance anyone would be grateful to have an aggressive bulldog like JM doing what has to be done.

jmo

It's been my experience that people who typically side with defendants and murderers don't generally have or use the capacity to empathize with surviving family members of the victim.

If we don't give her the death penalty then might as well get rid of it. I've never seen anyone who deserves death more than she does. I hope this jury does right by Travis.

Me either rose. And I've seen some also deserving, obviously.

On the radio show last night Dr. Lillian Glass agreed with my observations of Jodi Arias' sadistic nature and her delight in causing suffering to others. I believe she is truly the definition of evil.

I missed Thursday's trial but caught the last part on youtube when JM was
(re)questioning JA about the three gas cans. During that period he also brought up her supposed charge about TA being a pedophile. He kept stressing that she told this to a couple of people two, of whom, are scheduled to be defense expert witnesses - Alyce Laviolette, a domestic violence expert and Richard Samuels, a psychologist. I was kinda wondering at first why JM brought this up now - and emphasized it; but then I started wondering if he did this on purpose, sort of offering the jurors a kind of subliminal message, ie., given that the jury has 5 days to mull over the fact that since JA has pretty well established her credentials as a liar, a person who will lie to any and everyone, why would they (the jurors) believe anything she told to either one of these "expert" witnesses and more so, why would these "expert" witnesses believe anything JA told them - I have a feeling these two just might end up sitting in the witness box with egg on their "expert" faces once JM gets done with them.

Am I overanalyzing this or looking for strategies that aren't really there? This seems to be something that JM does in a very effective manner - just like he dangled that coded magazine message out early in his cross examination of JA and but never wrapped up that story yet (although I am patiently waiting for that to happen at some point before the end of the trial).

I truly believe JM has two goals in this case; the first being, of course the DP for JA but the second, equally important, to clear TA's reputation.

Katiecoolady, I have my dvr set to record Rikki Lake on Tues. Is it the episode with the psychic crime solver? Just want to make sure I have the correct one set.

TIA

I missed Thursday's trial but caught the last part on youtube when JM was
(re)questioning JA about the three gas cans. During that period he also brought up her supposed charge about TA being a pedophile. He kept stressing that she told this to a couple of people two, of whom, are scheduled to be defense expert witnesses - Alyce Laviolette, a domestic violence expert and Richard Samuels, a psychologist. I was kinda wondering at first why JM brought this up now - and emphasized it; but then I started wondering if he did this on purpose, sort of offering the jurors a kind of subliminal message, ie., given that the jury has 5 days to mull over the fact that since JA has pretty well established her credentials as a liar, a person who will lie to any and everyone, why would they (the jurors) believe anything she told to either one of these "expert" witnesses and more so, why would these "expert" witnesses believe anything JA told them - I have a feeling these two just might end up sitting in the witness box with egg on their "expert" faces once JM gets done with them.

Am I overanalyzing this or looking for strategies that aren't really there? This seems to be something that JM does in a very effective manner - just like he dangled that coded magazine message out early in his cross examination of JA and but never wrapped up that story yet (although I am patiently waiting for that to happen at some point before the end of the trial).

I truly believe JM has two goals in this case; the first being, of course the DP for JA but the second, equally important, to clear TA's reputation.

Wow, what an interesting post. It brings tears to my eyes thinking his goal could be clearing Travis' good name.

And yes he does dangle things. I've said from Day One, this case will be really tried for the State in the rebuttal case (although at the time didn't think JA would do this marathon testimony so imo it's already over for her). I am so curious to see who he will call and how he will cross those experts. I may work extra and not attend as much the expert week because the fact that they $how up in court te$tifying as if thi$ $ociopath is $ome kind of abu$e victim, just makes me ill. I will have limited tolerance to hear it. But his cross? Yes.

Katiecoolady, I have my dvr set to record Rikki Lake on Tues. Is it the episode with the psychic crime solver? Just want to make sure I have the correct one set.

TIA

Hi TL...no it's just being taped on Tuesday. Don't know when it will actually air yet. They will tell me in about 2-3 weeks after taping. I will let everyone know when it's on as soon as I know.

On with me are Susan Markowitz, mother of Nick whose murder was portrayed in the film Alpha Dog and the family of Keith Gentry who was murdered by his wife Darlene (who I've seen on Snapped). The theme is murder schemes for money. Thanks for wanting to watch it!

I'm sitting here reviewing the Nancy Grace weekly review of the case. It's showing her testimony to the juror question asking her to recount the elements of the murder she can remember before she falls in to the very active fog she was in (stabbing, slashing, deleting pictures, dragging, showering, packing, cleaning up, disposing, driving). SHe sits there so weirdly monotone with her creepy claws relating to the screen like she's teaching a course on how she fixed a problem with her computer or something. Good Lord this <mod snip> is just something else.

Huh? Overcharged??? I think people learned this word during the Casey Anthony trial (she was) and like to throw it around even if it doesn't apply. She drove 1000 miles to mercilessly slaughter a man. If that's not murder 1 I don't know what is.

I hear that term used a lot, but if you think about it, it would be more accurate to say she drove nearly 3,000 miles to do it, since the Utah leg was planned as part of the alibi and the point of the entire trip was to kill Travis. And she did that in 5.2 days. Her determination and drive are remarkable.

what do you think she should be charged with? loitering? 2nd degree murder? nothing? manslaughter?
Maybe littering for tossing the gun in the desert.

Then again that wasn't in AZ so they shouldn't have charged her for it there.

I hear that term used a lot, but if you think about it, it would be more accurate to say she drove nearly 3,000 miles to do it, since the Utah leg was planned as part of the alibi and the point of the entire trip was to kill Travis. And she did that in 5.2 days. Her determination and drive are remarkable.

Do you ever imagine her, alone in that rental car, in the middle of the night in the desert driving like a madwoman revving herself up for the murder and reliving it? It is just one of the most eerie thoughts I've ever had. It's creepy enough being alone as a woman driving overnight in the desert. But she's the person normal people would be afraid of!

Wow, what an interesting post. It brings tears to my eyes thinking his goal could be clearing Travis' good name....
I've always found it annoying when the talking head defense attorneys say JM needs to just focus on the killing. It seemed clear to me all along that he felt it was his job to clear Travis's name and reputation to the extent possible on top of going for the conviction. Bravo to him.

I've always found it annoying when the talking head defense attorneys say JM needs to just focus on the killing. It seemed clear to me all along that he felt it was his job to clear Travis's name and reputation to the extent possible on top of going for the conviction. Bravo to him.

I agree..Bravo. How DARE they go this far with this defense? It's way off the charts imo. They asked for all the indignance they are getting from Juan. And in some ways he's just begining. These juror question recrosses are just gonna get better. Then he has the rebuttal case. Be careful what you ask for...he's gonna answer it ALL.

What Travis needed was a Champion and he sure got one.

Do you ever imagine her, alone in that rental car, in the middle of the night in the desert driving like a madwoman revving herself up for the murder and reliving it? It is just one of the most eerie thoughts I've ever had. It's creepy enough being alone as a woman driving overnight in the desert. But she's the person normal people would be afraid of!

I totally agree, If you do the math, she drove 2,834 miles in 5 days/5 hours, which works out to 545 miles per 24 hours. Do 18-wheeler drivers pile up that kind of mileage?

And that's with numerous stops and visits along the way: Her CA stops to pick up goodies from friends had to include some chat time. She was at Travis's a half day I believe. She spent some number of hours with Ryan as well - maybe spent the night, I don't recall. She probably had a detour in Nevada to set a little bonfire too. Remarkable.

I totally agree, If you do the math, she drove 2,834 miles in 5 days/5 hours, which works out to 545 miles per 24 hours. Do 18-wheeler drivers pile up that kind of mileage?

And that's with numerous stops and visits along the way: Her CA stops to pick up goodies from friends had to include some chat time. She was at Travis's a half day I believe. She spent some number of hours with Ryan as well - maybe spent the night, I don't recall. She probably had a detour in Nevada to set a little bonfire too. Remarkable.

It really is...her sociopathic rage must have been fueling her adrenaline. She left Ryan's at like 3am..that's when she filled up the THREE gas cans that Juan busted her on last Thursday. :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout