Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be Nurmi asking the Judge to give him a copy of the reports that Juan has already received?

I knew I shouldn't have posted anything!!! For some reason, this whole time change thing has scrambled my brains and put me in a Fognesia™.

I am totally unable to grasp figuring out the time zones. Surely that's a sign of genius?
Time change has not only scrambled my brain, but my sleeping habits are also out of kilter...:what:

I don't know how it is handled in Arizona, but here in Mississippi, the only reason to file a Motion to Compel, is for the simple fact that one side has not turned over documents you have already requested in discovery. You file your motion, have a hearing and the Judge will issue an Order compelling the party to turn over the documents, usually within a specified time. IMO, to get records from Walmart or the gas station, all you would have to do would be subpoena them.

I know Juan is doing a good job but I wish Juan would make more use of visiual aids. Like having a replica of the closet. It would not take much effort to have an exact closet replica built and brought right into the courtroom. I think it really would help show the jury how ridiculous her story was of her climbing to the top corner in such a short time. It seemed very high up there in pictures.

I know I mentioned before but if they would do this and have either Jodi or someone her size try to climb it, I think it would be amazingly detrimnetal to her story. I doubt Jodi could even climb up there and reach that corner. Even if she could, she surely could not do it quickly.

Also, he could create a small scale model of the floor layout and have it available during the questioning. Her story is so confusig and if he had a small model of the bathroom area where he could put figurines and stuff it would be amazing to show how she lied about her running around.

Things like this would really help him show how her story is false with all the running around she said she did.

:goodpost:

This post bears repeating. I completely agree. BUT....if we can figure this out, since it only makes 'sense', then I believe the jury will too.

And all of the above in how much time? It's merely minutes, right?

Holy Moly!

(a) Thanks for the list. Certainly is interesting.

(b) Polygraph?!?! Suppose she actually took one? Or were they just considering it?

she took one...probably thought she could beat it

I have a question?
Now will the trial only be one day this week?

I knew I shouldn't have posted anything!!! For some reason, this whole time change thing has scrambled my brains and put me in a Fognesia™.

I am totally unable to grasp figuring out the time zones. Surely that's a sign of genius?

Fognesia with a trademark = LMAO:floorlaugh:

I didn't find it convincing. Why fill up a third gas can after the murder?

Wait what?? :waitasec: Why would you even fill up the first two gas cans after the murder?

Remember she claims she stopped for gas twice, and paid cash, in Arizona.

I'm not sure I'd go with the "women on a pedestal" analogy, but I do think we tend to believe that women just don't do certain things. I remember about 15 years ago, a friend's son divorced his wife over her serial cheating. I found myself making all kinds of mental excuses for her because in my day, the only women who cheated were the small percentage who were "*advertiser censored*." It took me awhile to realize how stereotyped my thinking was. Nowadays there is something in the news Every.Single.Day about a female teacher having sex with her teenage student(s). It still amazes me.

So I don't think women are "better" at being sociopaths, partly for this reason. There is also a story that during WW II, Dr. Spock (of baby book fame) worked on a study of sociopaths. The study showed that men rarely caught the female sociopahts, while the women caught them right away. And women never caught the male sociopaths, but men did. With men still having most of the supervisory police positions, I think it is simply harder for them to believe the little woman is guilty of these things.

I think it's becoming clearer and clearer to LE that women can do some incredibly bad things; it's Jodi's misfortune that she wasn't born twenty or thirty years earlier.

Well, "women on a pedestal" was a bit of hyperbole, but you do get that in typically sexist fashion, women tend to be described in terms of positive attributes and when they are not behaving as such, they are described behaving in masculine terms. I was reading an article about a month or so ago about the binge drinking problem in Britain and some of the so-called experts did exactly that, attributing women passing out in their own puke after getting in a cat fight to behaving like men rather than just behaving like, well, drunk women.

Sure, there are counter-examples, and I'm speaking very generally, but I think we can be quite invested in viewing women in a certain way that can only be described as a form of benign sexism.

I think Mrs. G Norris got what I was driving at.

Couldn't agree more!

I think the reason that sociopathic men stand out more than women is because female sociopathy is interpersonal which is not something you can get arrested for. Like a woman will ruin another females reputation with a smear campaign, or do a little character assassination, tell malicious lies, sleep with all her friends husbands, hook up with a guy and take him down to the point where he's a shell of his former self, that kind of thing.

You hear about things like that in the workplace or in a small town, but it's not illegal activity, no authority is going to get involved, it's not recognised as sociopathy the same way fraud or embezzlement is for instance.

Just as damaging, not as illegal.

That's exactly it. I probably made the point artlessly the first time around. I didn't mean male and female sociopathy manifests itself in the same way. Either through women sociopaths having a different strategy relying on interpersonal manipulation, as you note, or that we tend to view exactly the same behavior differently depending on a variety of factors including gender.

Of course, here Bill Burr starting at 2:30 in, explains the dynamics of dealing with the female psycho: Warning- Lots and Lots of NSFW language.

[video=youtube;Zr162OZ2Z0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr162OZ2Z0w[/video]

When Burr does it it's funny, but when you think about how Jodi Arias operated with the relentless endless drama and attempts to isolate Travis Alexander from his support, perhaps culminating in at least emotional blackmail (if not actual with the "sex tape" and photos), ending up with destroying him rather than letting him be free of her, it's not that funny.

I have a question?
Now will the trial only be one day this week?

Wed and Thurs this week .. tomorrow the jury is due back at 10:00am local AZ time, they are in PST as of Sunday. (1pm EST, 12pm CST, 11am MST)

How do you know?

here are some things I have picked up along the way on the pedo claim:

-it didn't happen until late in the game

-LaViolette was told by Arias that the pictures were on a computer but later changed it to pictures (they tried to get this in already during the evidentiary hearing but it was a no go.. I am pretty sure it will come up on cross of LaViolette)

-Arias tried to interfere with the testimony of Matt M via passing messages in a magazine. Arias claims he is the only person she told (other than the defense experts.. after she crafted the story up). Juan has also intimated in the question review piece that Matt M made a statement that he would lie on the stand for Arias in January of 2013.. it was sustained but this will also come back up

-While Arias was "defending her own self" she introduced 10 fake letters from Travis that allegedly contained info about the pedophilia. They were deemed fraudulent and thrown out.

**basically the pedo story is a canard**
^a groundless, unfounded, uncorroborated, and fabricated story made to fit one sentence in a sex tape^

:twocents:

I didn't find it convincing. Why fill up a third gas can after the murder?

JM didn't complete that line of questioning IIRC... I am guessing we are going to hear more on that. 1 gas can + 1 gas can + no return receipt = 3 gas cans?

In the Flores interview she tells him (second interview) that it took a "lot of convincing prior, while he was shaving" to allow the shower pics. Martinez points out that indeed Travis does appear freshly shaven in final pic.

The reason she fought Juan so hard on the whole whose idea was it to take pics in the shower is precisely because she KNOWS if she says its her idea then it shows premed. That she lured him into the shower naked and vulnerable to kill him. She went round and round with Martinez and said she and Travis discussed Calvin Klein type ads in JANUARY and in JUNE he was ready to do them because his body was "cut" (oops bad word Jodi).

This is her defense; he was ready to do this photo shoot because he was "more toned" by June and had this new camera. He asked her to take the pics, she drops camera and he attacks her and she kills in self defense.

But the opposite is true. She convinced him (like she said in Flores interview) to take shower pics. He is naked and vulnerable and she kills him. This is where on second Flores interview the ninjas arrive...when they are taking shower pics

Thanks Tex for answering my question,so it has to do with pre med then!Got it..thanks again!

here are some things I have picked up along the way on the pedo claim:

-it didn't happen until late in the game

-LaViolette was told by Arias that the pictures were on a computer but later changed it to pictures (they tried to get this in already during the evidentiary hearing but it was a no go.. I am pretty sure it will come up on cross of LaViolette

-Arias tried to interfere with the testimony of Matt M via passing messages in a magazine. Arias claims he is the only person she told (other than the defense experts.. after she crafted the story up). Juan has also intimated in the question review piece that Matt M made a statement that he would lie on the stand for Arias in January of 2013.. it was sustained but this will also come back up

-While Arias was "defending her own self" she introduced 10 fake letters from Travis that allegedly contained info about the pedophilia. They were deemed fraudulent and thrown out.

**basically the pedo story is a canard**
^a groundless, unfounded, uncorroborated, and fabricated story made to fit one sentence in a sex tape^

:twocents:

Yesyesyesyesyes!!

Quoting myself because the original filing date is 7/9/2008?? That was before JA was arrested, right?

I believe July 9th was the day the indictment was handed down. She was arrested later. Not positive, but pretty sure.

My earlier post stated the girlfriend's was Diana, it is actually Deanna.

Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member