Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just don't understand all the unnecessary lies?? like her fingers being cut at work and not in the struggle - she could have just stayed w/ the fog and not go into the whole cut myself at work story - if she did, her fingers would have been bandaged in the pics at the house

It doesn't make any sense. I think she is just playing games and refusing to concede on anything, no matter how inconsequential -- to her own detriment.

That's actually a good point. It wouldn't be a motion to compel the documents from the state's possession, but it could be the defense's motion for an order compelling the records from Walmart and Tesoro. If Jodi is telling the truth about the gas can, then I could see her lawyers wanting to compel those records to prove it in light of Juan's implications.

We shall see ...

It is up to the State to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.
State Of Arizona - (1) Plaintiff
Jodi Ann Arias - (2) Defendant

Filing Date Description Docket Date
3/12/2013 005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001) 3/12/2013
3/12/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 3/12/2013
NOTE: TO COMPEL; BUSINESS RECORDS FROM WAL-MART AND TESORO
3/12/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 3/12/2013
NOTE: TO COMPEL CRIMINAL HISTORY OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER

It doesn't make any sense. I think she is just playing games and refusing to concede on anything, no matter how inconsequential -- to her own detriment.

I don't know if this is a quote or if my friend wrote it herself.

'The hidden truth in lies is the desire to remain unseen.' I think the lies are that simple, they keep the truth of who she really is a secret. Lies may seem silly and detrimental to us, but perhaps not to her.

i'm new, but welcome back! the 'counseled' thing, by then i knew i had enough of her story.
o/t but your schnowwzz is a looker. i love them dogs, had two myself, years ago.

Thank You - But we lost our Schnauzer last year - Patton was 14 and he was a fighter - We love all dogs :seeya:

I already have husband ready for our noon-time court tomorrow (we are on central time).......I cannot wait to see what JM has in store for the little one.

I have no doubt Jodi's DT has told her how she's coming across to everyone. The client is in ultimately in charge. There have been quite a few times Nurmi was questioning and interrupted before Jodi could weave some more obvious lies. He's doing what he can.

I'm not endorsing this DT by any means. It's just so necessary for them to cover any and all bases. Jodi just still doesn't get it. IMO, she will NEVER see daylight outside prison walls.

That's actually a good point. It wouldn't be a motion to compel the documents from the state's possession, but it could be the defense's motion for an order compelling the records from Walmart and Tesoro. If Jodi is telling the truth about the gas can, then I could see her lawyers wanting to compel those records to prove it in light of Juan's implications.

We shall see ...

I just don't get why the state wouldn't have already done this, seems they would need that same information since they are challenging her claims of returning the can.

I don't really get what the significance of the third gas can is. So what if she returned it. She still had two gas cans, that she filled with gas, that she was driving around with them in her car trunk in 100+degree temperatures. That still speaks totally of premeditation, imo. With or without the third can. Am I missing something?

Sorry if someone already addressed this since once again I'm several pages behind...

Recall that her cover story was going to be that she was not in Arizona at all when Travis was killed and hadn't seen him since whatever date it was that she had last seen him (I think she told the police it was April that she'd last seen him). In order for her to leave no paper trail of her being in Arizona like stopping for gas, she calculated the miles per gallon of the rental car with the miles she had to drive to get in and out of Arizona and discovered that it would take a full tank in the car plus THREE 5 gallon tanks of gas. So, she borrows only TWO tanks from her ex and buys the third one at Walmart on her own that no one is supposed to know about, but of course, her financial records from Walmart have her buying that 3rd gas can. This way she could say that she borrowed only two gas cans from her ex, so there's no way that she could have gotten in and out of Arizona without three of them.

Her excuse for having any gas cans at all is that she wanted to save the money in the higher gas prices having to buy gas on the road though that makes no sense once she discovered that she did buy that third gas can because the amount of that third gas can was equal to or higher than the amount of money she would have saved with the higher gas prices. She did admit that yes, she did buy that third gas can and realized that it was illogical to have done so given her reason for saving a few bucks in buying gas, BUT she insisted over and over that she never used that third gas can and returned it to Walmart unused on the same day that she bought it and received a cash refund for it. She even interupted Martinez when he mentioned she used three gas cans exclaiming that NO she only used the two she borrowed and returned the third to Walmart unused.

And that's when Martinez pulled the paperwork on her to prove she was lying about it and that it pointed to her premeditation to murder Travis becaue her story at that time was that she was never in Arizona at all, and that she KNEW she needed that 3rd gas can in order to have enough gas to get in and out of Arizona with no papertrail of her having purchased any gas there. He hits her with the gas receipts that she made three gas purchases at the same gas station at the same time - one receipt was for filling the car tank, one receipt for filling the two gas cans she borrowed from her ex AND one for filling that third gas can. She purposely only turned over the receipts for filling the car tank and the receipt for filling the two borrowed gas cans and pretended the third receipt for that 3rd gas can she insists she didn't use and returned to Walmart for a cash refund as though it didn't exist and to hide the fact that she DID purchase gas for that third gas can and used it.

Martinez showed her her own bank statement that showed her creditcard purchases for all this gas and showed that the third mysterious purchase she insisted that she didn't make was equal to the price of 5.09 gallons of gas - for her 5 gallon third gas can. She still tried to insist she never used that third can, but the bank statement proves that she did because the store that was part of the gas station was closed at that time she made these gas purchases, and the only thing that could have been purchased at that station at that time was gas and only with a credit or debit card swiped at the pump. She knew she couldn't argue that she spent that money for that third receipt on food and drinks in the store (that just sooooo happened to add up to the price of 5 gallons of gas) because at this point she would have known that Martinez already knew that the store part of the gas station was closed at the time she made those gas purchases.

Martinez then immediately hits her with the lie she told about returning that third gas can to Walmart for a cash refund because it was unused that Walmart has no record of her returning that gas can though she tries to continue to insist that she did even though everyone knows that no one can return anything to any store and get a refund for it without the store having a record of the return.

It was then that her face fell and you could totally see that she knew, the jury knew, and everyone knew that she was totally caught and she had nothing at all to offer as an excuse for any of this. It's like she never took into account any of the paper trails of the businesses that used as if they don't keep their own records... the gas station, her own bank, Walmart, etc.

That's where the trial ended for the day, and now we wait for it to pick up again to see what happens. Oh, that shell-shocked look on her face when she realized she was caught out and could come up with nothing off the cuff to excuse it all was just PRICELESS!
:great:

All this gas can business shows that she premeditated the murder by making all these pre-planned preparations of disguising that she was in Arizona at all which was her cover story until after she returned home and was caught out by the police under questioning and had to come up with a new story that yes, she was at Travis's house after all. All this info about the gas cans is the PROOF that she attempted to hide the fact that she was in Arizona and her cover story to match is PROOF of premeditation to go to his house to kill him.

well unless you know what to look for, (and most don't) they appear normal because they blend. It's often times only looking back that people will connect the dots. So if she fits the criteria, she fits the criteria. Few have spoken about her past...although what she has said about her behaviors as a teen leads me to definitely believe she had these behaviors then.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
I think there probably were indicators in her past...for example, who drops out of high school in the 11th grade these days if there are not major issues (she wasn't pregnant, thank god)..so what was going on? She also said something about being held back in kindergarten or first grade..wonder why? She was skipping school and moving in with her boyfriend...there were problems. Perhaps no legal trouble (that we know of...juvie records are sealed) only because she didn't get caught.

Thank You - But we lost our Schnauzer last year - Patton was 14 and he was a fighter - We love all dogs :seeya:

I am sitting up in the middle of the night because we had to put our beloved Golden Retriever down today,had her since a pup.Just can't sleep,the house is not the same without her,miss her dearly.

Sorry if someone already addressed this since once again I'm several pages behind...

Recall that her cover story was going to be that she was not in Arizona at all when Travis was killed and hadn't seen him since whatever date it was that she had last seen him (I think she told the police it was April that she'd last seen him). In order for her to leave no paper trail of her being in Arizona like stopping for gas, she calculated the miles per gallon of the rental car with the miles she had to drive to get in and out of Arizona and discovered that it would take a full tank in the car plus THREE 5 gallon tanks of gas. So, she borrows only TWO tanks from her ex and buys the third one at Walmart on her own that no one is supposed to know about, but of course, her financial records from Walmart have her buying that 3rd gas can. This way she could say that she borrowed only two gas cans from her ex, so there's no way that she could have gotten in and out of Arizona without three of them.

Her excuse for having any gas cans at all is that she wanted to save the money in the higher gas prices having to buy gas on the road though that makes no sense once she discovered that she did buy that third gas can because the amount of that third gas can was equal to or higher than the amount of money she would have saved with the higher gas prices. She did admit that yes, she did buy that third gas can and realized that it was illogical to have done so given her reason for saving a few bucks in buying gas, BUT she insisted over and over that she never used that third gas can and returned it to Walmart unused on the same day that she bought it and received a cash refund for it. She even interupted Martinez when he mentioned she used three gas cans exclaiming that NO she only used the two she borrowed and returned the third to Walmart unused.

And that's when Martinez pulled the paperwork on her to prove she was lying about it and that it pointed to her premeditation to murder Travis becaue her story at that time was that she was never in Arizona at all, and that she KNEW she needed that 3rd gas can in order to have enough gas to get in and out of Arizona with no papertrail of her having purchased any gas there. He hits her with the gas receipts that she made three gas purchases at the same gas station at the same time - one receipt was for filling the car tank, one receipt for filling the two gas cans she borrowed from her ex AND one for filling that third gas can. She purposely only turned over the receipts for filling the car tank and the receipt for filling the two borrowed gas cans and pretended the third receipt for that 3rd gas can she insists she didn't use and returned to Walmart for a cash refund as though it didn't exist and to hide the fact that she DID purchase gas for that third gas can and used it.

Martinez showed her her own bank statement that showed her creditcard purchases for all this gas and showed that the third mysterious purchase she insisted that she didn't make was equal to the price of 5.09 gallons of gas - for her 5 gallon third gas can. She still tried to insist she never used that third can, but the bank statement proves that she did because the store that was part of the gas station was closed at that time she made these gas purchases, and the only thing that could have been purchased at that station at that time was gas and only with a credit or debit card swiped at the pump. She knew she couldn't argue that she spent that money for that third receipt on food and drinks in the store (that just sooooo happened to add up to the price of 5 gallons of gas) because at this point she would have known that Martinez already knew that the store part of the gas station was closed at the time she made those gas purchases.

Martinez then immediately hits her with the lie she told about returning that third gas can to Walmart for a cash refund because it was unused that Walmart has no record of her returning that gas can though she tries to continue to insist that she did even though everyone knows that no one can return anything to any store and get a refund for it without the store having a record of the return.

It was then that her face fell and you could totally see that she knew, the jury knew, and everyone knew that she was totally caught and she had nothing at all to offer as an excuse for any of this. It's like she never took into account any of the paper trails of the businesses that used as if they don't keep their own records... the gas station, her own bank, Walmart, etc.

That's where the trial ended for the day, and now we wait for it to pick up again to see what happens. Oh, that shell-shocked look on her face when she realized she was caught out and could come up with nothing off the cuff to excuse it all was just PRICELESS!
:great:

All this gas can business shows that she premeditated the murder by making all these pre-planned preparations of disguising that she was in Arizona at all which was her cover story until after she returned home and was caught out by the police under questioning and had to come up with a new story that yes, she was at Travis's house after all. All this info about the gas cans is the PROOF that she attempted to hide the fact that she was in Arizona and her cover story to match is PROOF of premeditation to go to his house to kill him.

Great post.

I am sitting up in the middle of the night because we had to put our beloved Golden Retriever down today,had her since a pup.Just can't sleep,the house is not the same without her,miss her dearly.

I am so sorry! Big hugs to you! Stay on the board today and chat to keep your mind busy. And know that your wonderful dog knew that she is very loved.

I'm so sorry about your dog..I know how difficult that is. I have a 4yo boxer (she's my avatar) and I adore her!

OMG, I am so sorry. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose our beloved friends, they are such a special part of our hearts and lives. I lost one 4 years ago and was inconsolable for months. I still miss him, though we now have a new baby who we love dearly. Thoughts and prayers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay