Interviews Lisa's Parents Good Morning America, Fox, The Today Show 10/17/2011 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She seriously thinks that being 'drunk' has nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance?! If she is honestly that dimwitted and clueless, then I'd say the other children in the home are in danger as well. Sorry, lady, but your being drunk that night has EVERYTHING to do with your daughter's disappearance, IMO.

If I were the parent of the other children in that house I would be talking to a custody attorney after that display.

You'd think she would break down with regret that the drunkenness might have caused her to miss an intruder. Instead, she's on the defensive. That strikes me as suspicious.

Also strikes me as suspicious that her fiancee/Lisa's father is not openly enraged, furious, scared to death, upset, angry, etc., that she was bombed while watching his three children. He is about as nonchalant about it as she is, if not more. WEIRD.

I don't have a doubt in my mind that her story about being drunk is the truth. Lots of evidence points to it being the truth. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and SAYS it's a duck...it's most likely a duck, imo.

What bugs me is that she has the nerve to admit that it's possible she blacked out in one breath, and in the next breath practically defies us to believe it's possible she had anything what-so-ever to do with her daughter's death. Can't have it both ways, Debbie. Can't use the "blacked out" excuse for not knowing what happened to your daughter, and then state with ANY degree of certainty that you didn't have anything to do with it. Sorry.

I believe she was drunk. I believe she was having herself a grand old time! But, blacked out is an excuse and one she wants us to coopt when going over what little facts we have.

..and by admitting to being drunk---we also have a new reason for why she couldn't keep her facts straight, changing her story, and gaps in her version of events..

..poor thing was "just drunk" at the time.

..but----she's being honest (!) about it now.

..so feel sorry for her----she a grievin' mom who has lost her child.

( but joe-----what's jeremy's reason for HIS changing his story every time he tells it ?? )

Maybe he had a box o' wine before the show? :innocent:

Well, DB can try to use the " I was drunk, so I didn't hear the intruder" excuse. But, the oldest son would have most likely heard an intruder or crying sick baby ---and would have made sure his Mom was informed.

I would like to know if the kids heard the baby crying at any time during the night? When did they last see Baby Lisa? Did they see their Mom drunk that night, or prior to that night. What about Dads drinking pattern?

Just saw one of DB interviews. She does often gaze to right or close eyes with her replies. Very different attitude/composure than prior interviews. Not what I was expecting. And JI keeps glancing at her out of the corner of his eye. Concerning......

" MK: What did they say?
DB: You did it. Where is…where’s she at? Sh….You know stuff like that. I can’t really get into that. I don’t want to affect the investigation. It’s not about clearing my name."

Really? That's exactly what it SHOULD be about in the event you are innocent. That way they can track down the person who took your kid!

You'd think she would break down with regret that the drunkenness might have caused her to miss an intruder. Instead, she's on the defensive. That strikes me as suspicious.

I agree, She was more defensive sounding than regretful that she drank too much, got drunk, and then her baby goes missing..

Again if it were an accident why lie and make up kidnapping, and risk being charged with a murder instead of child neglect? Dr G in the casey a case stated it and I believe it to be true 100% percent of the time when it was an accident 911 is called. No matter if she was drunk or not.

Also strikes me as suspicious that her fiancee/Lisa's father is not openly enraged, furious, scared to death, upset, angry, etc., that she was bombed while watching his three children. He is about as nonchalant about it as she is, if not more. WEIRD.

I wondered if that is what made him appear so distant from her in early interviews, but if he has a DUI conviction, they both apparently have drinking problems. Plus, he hasn't shown any emotion at all yet. Completely flat affect. Also weird.

Very weird.

We don't have kids, but if we did and I EVER got trashed while being the sole adult in care of our kids...oh man. I don't even want to contemplate what my husband's reaction would be. Much less think about what his reaction would be if our daughter "went missing" under those circumstances. :escape:

Very weird.

We don't have kids, but if we did and I EVER got trashed while being the sole adult in care of our kids...oh man. I don't even want to contemplate what my husband's reaction would be. Much less think about what his reaction would be if our daughter "went missing" under those circumstances. :escape:

Baby Lisa Law "SPUI" Sole Parent under the influence"

I believe we will be seeing mom doing the perp walk, soon.

Maybe DB says to JI, "You better stand by me or we're gonna lose the other 2 kids, too."

Again if it were an accident why lie and make up kidnapping, and risk being charged with a murder instead of child neglect? Dr G in the casey a case stated it and I believe it to be true 100% percent of the time when it was an accident 911 is called. No matter if she was drunk or not.

People do things that don't make sense, especially when under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.

thank you for this thread! When asked if she drank the night little Lisa disappeared, Deborah replied "yeah" almost as if it's normal to get drunk while watching your kids.

I've been trying my best to give these parents the benefit of the doubt, but this is just becoming bizarre.

thank you for this thread! When asked if she drank the night little Lisa disappeared, Deborah replied "yeah" almost as if it's normal to get drunk while watching your kids.

I've been trying my best to give these parents the benefit of the doubt, but this is just becoming bizarre.

With the amount of alcohol sales in the US, I doubt that parents drinking at home while kids sleep is really as rare as many think.

I think she admits to being "drunk" in order to show how she could have slept through whatever happened, even though I am not convinced either way as to what that might be...also to show how "honest" she is.

I agree, She was more defensive sounding than regretful that she drank too much, got drunk, and then her baby goes missing..

She sounded defiant, angry, not very likeable and seemed to be sober. Could I be persuaded that she is prone to drunken rages? You betcha.

JMO

Quick summary of today's events for those just getting home from work:

DB admits to being drunk the night Lisa went missing. Was also taking anti-anxiety meds. Changes the time she last saw Lisa to 6:40 pm. LE showed her burnt clothing and cell phone ping sheet. Doesn't want the 2 boys re-interviewed because it's too upsetting to them (eyeroll), but the children did hear something according to DB. JI and DB hire Joe Tacopino to represent them. BS is going back to NY, for how long, we don't know. Searches conducted today at the relatives home where the Irwin's are staying, the house on N Lister, and a creek bed off of N Jackson. Nothing found that we know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485