Interviews Lisa's Parents Good Morning America, Fox, The Today Show 10/17/2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what would LE charge her with at this point? It really doesn't seem like they have any provable idea of what happened to Lisa. And with her admitting she was drunk, that may even cover her for any possible lying to police charges. JMO

Just getting back here after a Benadryl-induced nap/stupor and was hoping someone could summarize Megyn's (sp?) interview from today? Thank you!

(ETA: I wish my naps that 'Tehcloser Power' but I don't think they do!)

I am just glad there is no grandpa she can say was the caregiver at the time. Does Missouri have a similar aggravated manslaughter of a child charge as Florida?

But what would LE charge her with at this point? It really doesn't seem like they have any provable idea of what happened to Lisa. And with her admitting she was drunk, that may even cover her for any possible lying to police charges. JMO

Admitting she was drunk while children were in her care could bring charges of child abuse. At a minimum, the other children should be removed from the home immediately and placed in protective custody.

JMO

I can't catch up. But I'm starting to wonder if Lisa was long gone before the wine getting, dad going to work, "bed time", etc. Especially after reading this:

Deborah: it’s a possibility. I mean just like anybody else when you drink you don’t remember the things that happened and stuff like that but, yeah, it’s a possibility, but once again it has nothing to do with my daughter.

The attorney said he had been talking with them for about a week but wasn't retained until this afternoon.

I have a feeling all this interviews that were done yesterday and aired today were done in order to come up with the money to obtain said attorney.

I posted this on another thread but it fits in this discussion, too.

The "family" had been speaking with JT for a week, I think, so I'm sure that he was involved in orchestrating the media blitz this morning. I was :eek: that they were already looking to hire an attorney when Baby Lisa had been missing for only a week. It was obvious from the unfolding of today's events that this was a public relations strategy to promote sympathy for the grieving mom who is under a tremendous amount of daily stress in her life, taking meds for it, and drinking to excess at times by her own admission. I'm not feeling the least bit sorry for DB right now, and I'm aghast at the way that the disappearance of a child is being turned into yet another media circus. Missing children seems to have reached epidemic proportions, and too many people are cashing in on these sad situations. jmo

Nah - IMHO this was coreographed quite nicely. THey did all the interviews this weekend, probably made enought dough to pay Joe T, and THEN he shut down the interviews. I don't think for a second he would be their attorney without the payouts from the media. Remember, these two couldn't pay their own cell phone bills.

He probably has no problem with dealing with the media scrutiny now - he's used to it obvs. A stand up guy like him probably set up the media interviews just to guarantee his paycheck. I wonder if he'll even stay around for long.

Just my opinion.

Mel

The first thing an attorney does with a client is to tell them to shut up. To LE and to media. Now if their being able to pay him (having the money) was a condition, then he might have allowed it, but let them insist in order to let him off the hook.

I would almost bet that we have seen the last of the parent interviews.

Admitting she was drunk while children were in her care could bring charges of child abuse. At a minimum, the other children should be removed from the home immediately and placed in protective custody.

JMO

True, although Dad might be able to maintain the children if she lived elsewhere if on bail. But even that may not lead to Lisa...I can't help thinking of other cases, as much as I hate to compare, where even prison time, or losing a child hasn't shaken loose the truth. And Kaine Horman was never charged with anything although he admitted his wife drank heavily and was obviously in charge of the children a lot of the time, so Jeremy probably would not be punished.

If they knew what happened...it could be "child abuse/neglect leading to...?" But I have never seen a charge of "child abuse leading to the disappearance of a child." :(

I think LE got very close to the person who helped her, and DB is using she was drunk to hide the fact that all the wine was gone. She doesn't want LE to know someone else was there drinking too. My bet is this other person is way stressed out and DB is trying to protect that person. LE who did you talk to the past two or three days?

She wasn't drunk at all. <mod snip>, and one that can turn on and off emotions at the drop of a hat. Trust her, heck no! It is working for her though and I say that because look how many people are still on the fence or trying to expand her on DB's lies.

If posters here are fooled don't you think Jurors would too? Perhaps this is why the media, she is already trying to work on the jury pool. Put doubt!

From SmoothOperator
.. And now as BS exits the stage.. Entering onto the stage is Tacopina to pick up where BS left off with his check list of priorities in tow..

Priority list is as follows:
-continue whipping the media into a full fledged frenzy.

-feed the pariah that feed off the negativity of the parents soap opera/radaronline lifestyles..

- continue and escalate the circus type atmosphere

- and always always keep in the forefront of your mind that this case has got the potential to go all the way to Casey Anthony status if we play our cards right..

And that's what will generate the big bucks and make them the latest "stars"..

IMO it's just as I predicted all one big money/fame making machine with the family nothing but pawns used to generate both the fame and the money..

Precious baby Lisa.. Well this was never about her, period.. She is nothing but the name and the face for the poster of this twisted production that missing children's cases have become.. Infact, if anything I see their(this newfound mentoring media production) goal would be that she need not be found or discovered just yet.. They want to still drag that out a bit and have a build up of sorts with a major climax at just the right time of their having Lisa found or discovered!!..

That's exactly what's going on here!!!

Precious Lisa it seems as tho us here may indeed be the only one's who have your best interest at heart in desperately wanting you found!! I pray you're safe wherever you are!!

I'm absolutely disgusted at what has now become of our missing children!! Disgusted!!

This post came from a closed thread but needs to be reposted.

Standing Ovation!!!!

Don't you think this is a bit premature? Yes, this case is very hot in the media right now but that's to be expected with the 24/7 media. It doesn't mean that the media will still be talking about the case a year from now. If the Anthony case was truly a big case, it should take a lot longer than two months after the verdict for another missing child case to reach the same level.

Besides, the one thing that sent the Anthony case into the media crime stratosphere was the not-guilty verdict. Not the 31 days, not Jose Baez, not Leonard Padilla, but the fact that Casey was acquitted of her 2-year-old daughter's first degree murder.

The first thing an attorney does with a client is to tell them to shut up. To LE and to media. Now if their being able to pay him (having the money) was a condition, then he might have allowed it, but let them insist in order to let him off the hook.

I would almost bet that we have seen the last of the parent interviews.

..i'm sure the interviews today were tacopina's idea....it was going to come out eventually that she'd been drinking----get out there and say it matter-of-factly 1st......and deborah did.

..then tacopina uses that to show us how honest and forthcoming poor grieving deborah really is.

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old

Tacopina also addressed the most-recent interviews given by the couple. Deborah Bradley admitted to "Good Morning America's" Dan Abrams that she had been drinking the night the baby disappeared.
"In regards to her acknowledging she had wine that night, or drank, that goes to her credibility. It's being truthful," he said. "At the end of the day, she's got nothing to hide."

has anything else been said about the neighbor ,the evidence taken from the house and whether the dogs came across anything?

not sure what time ur at in Ks?

True, although Dad might be able to maintain the children if she lived elsewhere if on bail. But even that may not lead to Lisa...I can't help thinking of other cases, as much as I hate to compare, where even prison time, or losing a child hasn't shaken loose the truth. And Kaine Horman was never charged with anything although he admitted his wife drank heavily and was obviously in charge of the children a lot of the time, so Jeremy probably would not be punished.

If they knew what happened...it could be "child abuse/neglect leading to...?" But I have never seen a charge of "child abuse leading to the disappearance of a child." :(

JI isn't the parent of the younger boy. JI and DB also said they were not allowing LE to re-interview the children. JI is still with DB and seems to be as evasive as she is.

Kaine Horman did obtain immediate, emergency custody of his daughter and filed for divorce.

JMO

The attorney said he had been talking with them for about a week but wasn't retained until this afternoon.

I have a feeling all this interviews that were done yesterday and aired today were done in order to come up with the money to obtain said attorney.

I think you've hit the nail on the head! I'll be so sad if we start seeing an avalanche of pictures and videos of Lisa next. :sick:

..i'm sure the interviews today were tacopina's idea....it was going to come out eventually that she'd been drinking----get out there and say it matter-of-factly 1st......and deborah did.

..then tacopina uses that to show us how honest and forthcoming poor grieving deborah really is.

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old

Tacopina also addressed the most-recent interviews given by the couple. Deborah Bradley admitted to "Good Morning America's" Dan Abrams that she had been drinking the night the baby disappeared.
"In regards to her acknowledging she had wine that night, or drank, that goes to her credibility. It's being truthful," he said. "At the end of the day, she's got nothing to hide."

He said the same thing about interviews Joran gave to the media. Tacopina is pure spin, no substance.

JMO

I have been on the parents side of the fence, but I must say after all of this today I not only climbed the fence, I fell over it. UNBELIEVABLE!!

I am wondering if anyone else thinks they have been reading here? I know it was discussed about her possilby drinking the wine and not remembering anything, but they seemed to be answering alot of our questions almost in order. She even stated that her house was clean, her kids were well dressed and well fed.

This is just making me sick! Poor baby, I was hoping she would be found alive and now i'm just not sure that is a possiblilty.

Getting drunk while supoosedly taking care of your children is not fit parenting!!

At the end of which day? Does seem awfully strange that during this interview blitz we get a whole new timeline and a brand spanking new reason why we should look at an abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member