Interviews Lisa's Parents Good Morning America, Fox, The Today Show 10/17/2011 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify; Debra was shown something that showed a ping from her phone. Reference GMA video from today (10/17/11).

Right and they had just stated in another interview that the cells did not allow outgoing calls. Well maybe they allowed texts and that was omitted.

I don't know if I even believe that now. No wonder she didn't pass the lie detector test.

http://video.insider.foxnews.com/v/1222193477001/sneak-peek-lisa-irwins-

..in her sneak peek---megyn kelly also mentions the cell phones.

--the family says those phones were under restricted service

--they hadn’t paid their bill, so weren’t allowed to make outgoing calls.

--they believe the police aren't being truthful about the alleged 2:30 a.m. call since the phone couldn't make an outgoing call anyway.

( so why the big deal about reprogramming phones that weren't able to make calls anyway? )

When u think someone may have kidnapped your child, your first reaction is not to protect YOURSELF because you were drunk and may get in trouble..... UGH!
happens in my house all the time though.. What I think can happen, he thinks impossible or the other way around. Allllll the time!

BBM. Prior to seeing this Fox interview I thought she would break pretty soon (in fact I posted as much earlier) but now I have to agree with you. She really thinks she has control of this situation and that she can't be touched (IMO). My husband swears I am the queen of eye rolling but I have nothing on DB and she does it at the most inappropriate times.

The only time (so far in this fox interview)I seen her make an eye roll look was when she was asked if she had a drinking problem. I often noticed she looked up to the left as if looking into her brain for recollection, not eye rolling.She did well looking in the interviewers eyes when speaking.

Again here I am in the minority. I still believe her.

Stop the name calling in this thread and the bashing please. No names at all. No bashing.

Until we have real facts calling the Mom is liar is not allowed. Discuss that you feel she may have told untruths. Do not call her a liar or anything else. Do not attach names to this Mom.

I think it has been established as a fact that she's been lying. She's said that she put Lisa to bed at 7.30 and checked on her at 10.30. Now she says she put Lisa to bed at 6.40 or maybe 6.30 and does not remember checking on her at 10.30. Either she was lying then or she was lying today. JMO.

I agree and that is what I observed. It was more like 'are you kidding me'. Like she can't believe the questions she is being asked because they are so ridiculous. I also think a lot of her attitude and demeanor is her age. Don't know how old she was when her mother died, but lots of kids now days are not taught respect. jmo

I'm 25, and wasn't taught a whole lot of manners or respect, and even I think she is flippant. If one of my kids were missing, I would be too heartbroken to be flippant. She knows what people are saying about her, she knows what people think happened to Lisa (that she did something to her daughter), because by Deborah's own admission, it's what she would have thought in a missing child case. If she has followed other missing kids cases, then she knows the spotlight is on her for a whole handful of reasons, and flippant is not the way to go.

I'm wondering about the interview where she said the baby was standing up when she went back in to check on her, don't rememer which one. I wonder if she layed Lisa back down and held her down till she smothered her. If she was drunk I'm not sure she would have realized right away she had smothered the chile....this is only and IF situation.

Yeah, you are supposed to remove bumpers once the baby can roll crawl.

In fact, they do not even recommend using them anymore. I bought some breathable bumpers for my daughter's crib instead...

Or, to play devil's advocate, the kidnapper knew about mom's drinking problem*, and was watching and/or waiting for a night where she would be drinking. If there was a kidnapper, this drinking problem could be one of the reasons Lisa was targeted.

* At this point, I'm considering this an alleged drinking problem, as we have no evidence that this has occurred more than once. This could just as easily be a poor interaction between medication and alcohol, and so I'm reserving judgment at this time.

DB did admit in the Fox interview that she drinks "a few nights a week". I have worked with a lot of alcoholics and addicts and I see the character traits in the way she reacts to certain questions. IMO She very well could be an alcoholic who has not yet admitted it to herself or her family. IMO

I agree that a kidnapper might have known this if it was a regular occurrence and IMO it probably was (a regular occurrence).

wait, what? 3 per bottle would mean you're using regular water cups. Most people drink it from a wine glass and get 5-6 glasses per bottle.

:twocents:

lol, first i'm out looking for alcohol content on my wine boxes, now i'm measuring what my glasses hold....

my glasses hold 12oz, and that leaves 1 1/2 inch unfilled at the top.

I'm wondering about the interview where she said the baby was standing up when she went back in to check on her, don't rememer which one. I wonder if she layed Lisa back down and held her down till she smothered her. If she was drunk I'm not sure she would have realized right away she had smothered the chile....this is only and IF situation.

I don't recall an interview where DB said the baby was standing up when she went back to check on her. I can't find it either - could you possibly source? If true, that changes things - the baby would have been awake at 10:30 which is also the time DB said she went to sleep - this would mean the baby was awake when she went to sleep, or passed out or whatever.

Why is everyone buying into her "I was drunk" statement?? I don't understand the logic here. If she was at all truthful at any point we wouldn't be here debating the wherebouts and the whodunnit of baby Lisa ! !

I believe she was drunk and I believe she remembers what happened that night. I don't believe the black out. I believe the possible black out story is her excuse to claim she doesn't remember; it also makes it easier for some to swallow that an intruder brazenly took the baby without her hearing or seeing a darn thing. Spin.

The reason I believe she was drunk is that she was animated (imo, in the surveillance video) and buying a big ole box of wine late in the afternoon. She is always trying to get in front of things so she can spin. The excessive drinking admission and the failing the poly admission are both likely true, imo. She had reason to believe they would be leaked (there is at least one witness in each incident) so she spun her version first. Nothing else much she has said thus far can be trusted, imo...

JMO...

wait, what? 3 per bottle would mean you're using regular water cups. Most people drink it from a wine glass and get 5-6 glasses per bottle.

:twocents:

I would absolutely disagree with this. And that is because I have measured it. I am talking about a regular wine glass. You might squeeze 3 1/2 out of a bottle but not much more. ty:twocents:

PART THREE: Mother of Lisa Irwin Denies Killing or Selling Her Baby, Tells Megyn Kelly Which Questions Caused Her to Fail Polygraph Test « Fox News Insider http://bit.ly/n8XQSD

If true the only question she failed was do you know where Lisa is makes me think she may suspect someone.

Coming out with wine story doesn't bother me greatly if she was trying to hid truth (drinking), it does bother me greatly if being used as a defense or excuse.

The problem is : regardless of whether or not she is a raging drunk, she is in NO position to be defensive about anything considering her baby is missing. People desperate for the truth aren't normally defensive when they are trying to find their baby.

Or at the very LEAST she should say, "look, I'm a drunk - please don't hold my failures and weaknesses against my innocent baby - PLEASE HELP FIND HER!"

Nope, never heard anything close to that...

I think it has been established as a fact that she's been lying. She's said that she put Lisa to bed at 7.30 and checked on her at 10.30. Now she says she put Lisa to bed at 6.40 or maybe 6.30 and does not remember checking on her at 10.30. Either she was lying then or she was lying today. JMO.

Then we say she made conflicting statements or you believe she lied. Calling names is against the TOS.

Calling someone a liar is name calling. It is not setting forth that she made conflicting statements or that you believe in one or another interview she lied.

Oh My GOD. You hope you're not an alcoholic? And you giggle and smirk? What kind of MOTHER with a missing child ACTS this way? Where is the love and care for your missing daughter?

Soooo off of the fence now. Here's Casey #2 with emotions this time. OMG. This poor, poor baby...

And btw, Debbie, God was not the one drinking a whole box of wine. God helps those who help themselves, not stops those who do stupid things. Sheesh.

It's called co-dependence...

Respectfully, I don't see how I can conclude she is an alcoholic? She admits to being drunk the night Lisa disappeared and to drinking a couple to a few times a week but alcoholism is much different than being drunk or having drinks a few times a week.

So I'm not sure I can conclude that Jeremy is co-dependent.

Alcoholism and drinking are two very different things. I haven't seen anything yet that tells me she is an alcoholic. She may very well be, I don't know. But I have to wait and see if there are any other factors that point to that.

JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member