Interviews & MSM with/about friends, family, law enforcement etc...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DO we have confirmation that TM was allowed to go to the funeral on Sat or visit with WC at the funeral home?

DO we have confirmation that TM was allowed to go to the funeral on Sat or visit with WC at the funeral home?

She was not at the funeral. Just a rumor at this point that she was allowed a private visit at the funeral home.

Thanks. I hope they lift the gag order. IMO, there is no way they will not be able to find an impartial jury. They found one in the Zimmerman trial and it had nationwide coverage.

Yeah, but there have been hundreds or even thousands of trials that were moved that did not have the media coverage the Zimmerman trial did. Just do a search, and you will find many articles about changes of venues of cases that are just local stories.

People always say that you can definitely find 12 people who can be impartial, but that is true for every case, yet many still get moved.

Yeah, but there have been hundreds or even thousands of trials that were moved that did not have the media coverage the Zimmerman trial did. Just do a search, and you will find many articles about changes of venues of cases that are just local stories.

People always say that you can definitely find 12 people who can be impartial, but that is true for every case, yet many still get moved.

At this point I think a gag order has come far too late, so it's almost pointless. The damage has been done. It was done on social media sites long before the arrests. People had decided the Moorers were guilty.They had been told the Moorers were guilty on numerous large fb pages.

Everywhere on social media and even here, the Moorers are already called murderers. How could they possibly get a fair trial in Horry County after what's been said and written, bounties put out, arrests by others for obstruction justice and falsifying evidence? They were then called heroes.

I put myself in the shoes of the accused. Innocent or guilty, they deserve an impartial jury. I can't imagine that existing in Horry County, or surrounding areas where the same media is covering this case.

Heck, people in Australia :australia: "know" they are guilty and that's far! :judge:

I do hope there is a change of venue, if there is a venue left in SC.

At this point I think a gag order has come far too late, so it's almost pointless. The damage has been done. It was done on social media sites long before the arrests. People had decided the Moorers were guilty.They had been told the Moorers were guilty on numerous large fb pages.

Everywhere on social media and even here, the Moorers are already called murderers. How could they possibly get a fair trial in Horry County after what's been said and written, bounties put out, arrests by others for obstruction justice and falsifying evidence? They were then called heroes.

I put myself in the shoes of the accused. Innocent or guilty, they deserve an impartial jury. I can't imagine that existing in Horry County, or surrounding areas where the same media is covering this case.

Heck, people in Australia :australia: "know" they are guilty and that's far! :judge:

I do hope there is a change of venue, if there is a venue left in SC.

I posted this before a ways back - but will say it again. Those of us engaged in the case know that Social Media and other places have said those things. Those of us engaged in the case know the details that are out there, etc.

I live here and I can tell you there are PLENTY of people who know little to NOTHING about Heather's case. I'm dead serious - I've spoken with people like this. You bring up the name - there's no recognition. Sometimes if you start giving details - with some they'll be like "Oh yeah - I remember hearing something about that. Did they find her?" They don't even know anyone has been arrested or that they believe she is deceased.

Just :twocents: :)

BTW - it was reported that the Moorer's case is 'tentatively' scheduled 'one year' out. (WPDE morning news report)

I posted this before a ways back - but will say it again. Those of us engaged in the case know that Social Media and other places have said those things. Those of us engaged in the case know the details that are out there, etc.

I live here and I can tell you there are PLENTY of people who know little to NOTHING about Heather's case. I'm dead serious - I've spoken with people like this. You bring up the name - there's no recognition. Sometimes if you start giving details - with some they'll be like "Oh yeah - I remember hearing something about that. Did they find her?" They don't even know anyone has been arrested or that they believe she is deceased.

It would be really interesting to see a poll on how people initially heard of the Elvis case. I don't watch t.v. and heard about the case via facebook. My mom watches the news channels(cable tv) She remembers vaguely hearing about Heather being missing. She has been watching about the missing plane and has all these theories. Well I came by it honest lol.

Yes, I know.

And, unless it was a tiny county, moving most of them was unnecessary.

The public needs to be able to keep an eye on the investigators. Lift the gag order.

Thank you.

I rest my case:)

It would be really interesting to see a poll on how people initially heard of the Elvis case. I don't watch t.v. and heard about the case via facebook. My mom watches the news channels(cable tv) She remembers vaguely hearing about Heather being missing. She has been watching about the missing plane and has all these theories. Well I came by it honest lol.

I learned about it from WS. I found WS when I became obsessed with Teleka Patrick, and I've never left.

I believe you. But what you described is probably true for every trial that has been moved. I have found articles about drunk drinking homicide, child abuse, and rape cases that were moved. Those don't seem like the types of cases that the entire county follows every detail. It really is up to the judge of the case, who will look at the arguments of both sides.
BTW, when I was looking for change of venue stuff, I found this quote:

“I can promise you, whenever this case comes to trial, that whoever is left in the trial will scream to the top of their lungs to move this case from Horry County saying there’s been too much publicity,” he said. “The gag order is there to protect the judicial system.”

What does that mean?

http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/17/3332207/horry-county-denies-request-for.html#storylink=cpy

I believe you. But what you described is probably true for every trial that has been moved. I have found articles about drunk drinking homicide, child abuse, and rape cases that were moved. Those don't seem like the types of cases that the entire county follows every detail. It really is up to the judge of the case, who will look at the arguments of both sides.

What does that mean?

http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/17/3332207/horry-county-denies-request-for.html#storylink=cpy

They think only one of them will go to trial because one will plead out?

Oops, newbie mistake! Posted in wrong forum. Too many windows open.

Sorry!!!

What does that mean?

We discussed that statement over and over. I think it means just what it says--they think there will be only one person left in the case.

I personally am concerned that the prosecution wants a gag order. It makes me think they have something to hide because clearly there are plenty of folks who know little to nothing about the case.

We discussed that statement over and over. I think it means just what it says--they think there will be only one person left in the case.

I personally am concerned that the prosecution wants a gag order. It makes me think they have something to hide because clearly there are plenty of folks who know little to nothing about the case.

I did a search, and couldn't find that much discussion of it. I am sure there are many posters who have not given their opinion. Also, when they said it, people speculated that perhaps someone had talked, but now 2 weeks later, that seems unlikely.

What could they have to hide? I think they asked for one because the defense is going to request a change of venue, and there is a chance they will be granted one.

What does that mean?

Who said it? If defense, probably acting like charges will be dropped against their client. If prosecution, maybe they often see lawyers changing before actual trial.

Who said it? If defense, probably acting like charges will be dropped against their client. If prosecution, maybe they often see lawyers changing before actual trial.

Prosecution.

I read it like, the solicitor was saying this case will took forever to get to trial (use of whenever instead of when), and everyone who is attached to it is going to be running in the opposite directions. "Whoever is left"---Like they expect multiple people (lawyers?) to drop out of the case. They could definitely be talking about Tammy or Sidney, but it is the lawyers who request the change of venue.

BBM

Where does Richardson express what they think will happen?

“I can promise you, whenever this case comes to trial, that whoever is left in the trial will scream to the top of their lungs to move this case from Horry County saying there’s been too much publicity,” he said. “The gag order is there to protect the judicial system.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanling53
Back