Interviews & MSM with/about friends, family, law enforcement etc...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm concerned with the gag order as well. In this situation, it leads me to believe a plea could be in the works.

I'm still of the belief that Tammy could have had a breakdown of some sort. My gosh her entire social media is all about Sidney & their family. Sure, she may have exaggerated some stuff but maybe it wasn't exaggerated in her eyes. Maybe she believed everything she wrote.

The dp was thrown out there IMO as a scare tactic to get somebody talking bc in my own very honest opinion I don't understand why the dp would be on the table in this situation at all considering everything written on both sides. Any married female that's ever been wronged in her life may be able to put theirself in Tammy's shoes for just one tiny second, and that's all it'd take to creat reasonable doubt or even push her to a psychiatric facility for help.

As far as Sidney is concerned, he has an argument that could stand based on the fact that Tammy had his cell and his social media. He could say Tammy did it but he didn't want to believe it or didn't say anything bc he feared for his life and their children's lives.

Plus, they live in the Bible Belt and adultery is treated the same as any other sin in the Ten Commandments. So chances are if the jury consists of devoted Christians, they could show sympathy.

I'm very curious about this gag order and the intentions behind it bc I personally feel that it doesn't have a dang thing to do with jury pool, no matter what the solicitor says.

Hmmm. I think the "Bible Belt" angle will only work against the Ms in this case. Lol. Don't forget that we still see HE as very young girl "down this way" and the older man as having taken advantage of her youth, inexperience and need for rebellion. Spare me a lecture about how she was an adult. The science backs up the fact that the human brain isnt fully developed until the mid twenties. JMO.

Hmmm. I think the "Bible Belt" angle will only work against the Ms in this case. Lol. Don't forget that we still see HE as very young girl "down this way" and the older man as having taken advantage of her youth, inexperience and need for rebellion. Spare me a lecture about how she was an adult. The science backs up the fact that the human brain isnt fully developed until the mid twenties. JMO.

One local did say a few months ago that there was some "tut tutting" about Heather dating a married man...some people are bound to hold that opinion, even if it defies all logic in the matter of her being a victim. Some might identify more with the "wronged" woman, especially if they have been one or seen a family broken up over such a relationship. You just can't account for how people will think. JMO

And this is what gets me --- if the trial is MOVED to somewhere else - ALL THE INTERNET STUFF IS STILL GOING TO BE AROUND --- and the case is going to get its own attention in the new location.........right? The news media in the new area will be broadcasting how "MURDER SUSPECTS FROM HORRY COUNTY ARE BEING BROUGHT TO TRIAL HERE....." ---- and all the same stuff that is around online and elsewhere --- is still going to be there grabbing as much attention in the new area as it has here. Just MOO!

Tammy's SM posts haven't gotten much MSM attention at all. If the trial is moved to a different media market, well that area has not gotten anywhere near as much coverage of this case pretrial as MB area has. When they choose the jury, there will be a big difference in pretrial publicity between MB and other cities in SC.

I'm concerned with the gag order as well. In this situation, it leads me to believe a plea could be in the works.

I'm still of the belief that Tammy could have had a breakdown of some sort. My gosh her entire social media is all about Sidney & their family. Sure, she may have exaggerated some stuff but maybe it wasn't exaggerated in her eyes. Maybe she believed everything she wrote.

The dp was thrown out there IMO as a scare tactic to get somebody talking bc in my own very honest opinion I don't understand why the dp would be on the table in this situation at all considering everything written on both sides. Any married female that's ever been wronged in her life may be able to put theirself in Tammy's shoes for just one tiny second, and that's all it'd take to creat reasonable doubt or even push her to a psychiatric facility for help.

As far as Sidney is concerned, he has an argument that could stand based on the fact that Tammy had his cell and his social media. He could say Tammy did it but he didn't want to believe it or didn't say anything bc he feared for his life and their children's lives.

Plus, they live in the Bible Belt and adultery is treated the same as any other sin in the Ten Commandments. So chances are if the jury consists of devoted Christians, they could show sympathy.

I'm very curious about this gag order and the intentions behind it bc I personally feel that it doesn't have a dang thing to do with jury pool, no matter what the solicitor says.

What do you think it would mean for them to show sympathy?

Tammy's SM posts haven't gotten much MSM attention at all. If the trial is moved to a different media market, well that area has not gotten anywhere near as much coverage of this case pretrial as MB area has. When they choose the jury, there will be a big difference in pretrial publicity between MB and other cities in SC.

I am kind of surprised more national interest has not been shown, simply because of the social media aspects, if nothing else. But again...maybe closer to trial.

One local did say a few months ago that there was some "tut tutting" about Heather dating a married man...some people are bound to hold that opinion, even if it defies all logic in the matter of her being a victim. Some might identify more with the "wronged" woman, especially if they have been one or seen a family broken up over such a relationship. You just can't account for how people will think. JMO

cluciano63, if a jury member did identify with the wronged woman what do you think that would mean?

Does anyone think the jury could ok a wronged woman murdering someone?

If Heather's SM is shared in court, it's very possible that one or more jurors will not see it that way.

If Heather's SM is shared in court, it's very possible that one or more jurors will not see it that way.

Heather sounds like most 20 year old's I know, but even if that were true I'm not sure I understand what it would mean? or could mean?

The guy was old enough to be her Dad! I can't imagine any juror not seeing it that way.

cluciano63, if a jury member did identify with the wronged woman what do you think that would mean?

Does anyone think the jury could ok a wronged woman murdering someone?

No...but one such person could make it a hung jury. Maybe they would not say why they are unconvinced but Jmo the prosecution just needs to try to be very careful in jury selection. All of SC seems super religious (to me, anyway) and it would not shock me to imagine that some people would lean toward siding with the wife, conveniently ignoring the murder. Again, jmo.

It's just really hard for me ( a southern born, and I mean deep south, Bible-believing Christian married woman) to believe that others like me would think that murder is an answer to adultery. It just doesn't work that way.

Heather sounds like most 20 year old's I know, but even if that were true I'm not sure I understand what it would mean? or could mean?

The guy was old enough to be her Dad! I can't imagine any juror not seeing it that way.

I mean, that it could be difficult for the prosecution to paint her as being innocent and someone who Sidney took advantage of, when Heather was the one who pursued the relationship. I am not saying that means they will be found NG, or not get LWOP.

I also think the only pictures of Heather the prosecution will use will be years old.

No...but one such person could make it a hung jury. Maybe they would not say why they are unconvinced but Jmo the prosecution just needs to try to be very careful in jury selection. All of SC seems super religious (to me, anyway) and it would not shock me to imagine that some people would lean toward siding with the wife, conveniently ignoring the murder. Again, jmo.

It's just really hard for me ( a southern born, and I mean deep south, Bible-believing Christian married woman) to believe that others like me would think that murder is an answer to adultery. It just doesn't work that way.

But juries don't always do things properly. And, sympathy for a defendant can color someone's "reasonable doubt" thinking.

When I was on a jury, two of the members basically said that black men are unfairly and disproportionately accused and convicted of violent crimes and that they didn't think they could convict the young black defendant, no matter what. Stuff like this happens all the time.

Whenever I read comments about this case on national news websites, there quite a few that say, "What do you think is going to happen if you have an affair with a married man?" Unfortunately, I think if the trial is high-profile, there will be a lot of victim blaming of Heather. I don't mean that people will sympathize with Tammy instead. But remember how NG was using "deadly threesome" when talking about the case?

I mean, that it could be difficult for the prosecution to paint her as being innocent and someone who Sidney took advantage of, when Heather was the one who pursued the relationship. I am not saying that means they will be found NG, or not get LWOP.

I also think the only pictures of Heather the prosecution will use will be years old.

I wonder if the defense will be allowed to use pics from her social media, etc.

I just don't see anyone seriously thinking this is justified because she was seeing a married man. I am a divorced mother of 2 my ex had an affair with a younger girl. As you can see yes I did divorce him but never did it cross my mind to kill her that's just not normal thinking. I do not think anyone is going to stand there on a jury and say she had it coming and not be looking for a hole to climb into. I believe a lot of the comments on the comment section of news reports are put there for the sake of shock value. You put these same people on a jury you would not know it was the same joker messing with lives hiding behind a keyboard.

But juries don't always do things properly. And, sympathy for a defendant can color someone's "reasonable doubt" thinking.

When I was on a jury, two of the members basically said that black men are unfairly and disproportionately accused and convicted of violent crimes and that they didn't think they could convict the young black defendant, no matter what. Stuff like this happens all the time.

Well, I can't argue with you there. I sat on a federal jury and that is exactly what happened and we ended in a hung jury. In fact, hearing your story makes me wonder if we were on the same jury. It was that exact to my experience.

My problem here is assuming that just because a high number of local folks are Christians means that they will see a Heather as an adulteress and turn on her. I must say, it would be the opposite in my community. I'm almost certain of it.

Heather will not be the one on trial for murder!

Good news for criminals younger than mid twenties when they commit their crimes! Defense attorneys will rejoice to be able to use this to get their clients off because the alleged perps are "just young girls and boys, inexperienced and needing rebellion." "Your honor, I know my client stabbed the victim 10 times but he was only 21 and science shows that the human brain isn't fully developed until the mid twenties. Therefore he can't be held accountable for his actions and certainly not as an adult! He was just a young boy, rebelling!" :woohoo:

Good news for criminals everywhere younger than mid twenties when they commit their crimes! Defense attorneys will rejoice to be able to use this to get their clients off because the alleged perps are "just young girls and boys, inexperienced and needing rebellion." :woohoo:

This is not about bring held legally responsible. Of course, the age of responsibility is and will remain 18. Heather did not, however, commit a crime. This is not a case of someone trying to not be held responsible for a criminal act. It's about the type of judgement, or lack thereof, that a young 20 year old has.

I was informed that in the state of SC committing adultery is a crime. (apparently this is on the books). So, if that's true, technically... yeah she did. She was well over the age of consent and she did have an adulterous relationship with a man who was married.

Well, I can't argue with you there. I sat on a federal jury and that is exactly what happened and we ended in a hung jury. In fact, hearing your story makes me wonder if we were on the same jury. It was that exact to my experience.

My problem here is assuming that just because a high number of local folks are Christians means that they will see a Heather as an adulteress and turn on her. I must say, it would be the opposite in my community. I'm almost certain of it.

Heather will not be the one on trial for murder!

My point was that just one such person could hang a jury...that's all I was saying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic
Back