Interviews & MSM with/about friends, family, law enforcement etc...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Actually, this is not a case about the type of judgement, or lack thereof, that a young 20 yr. old has. It is a murder case. Neither Sidney or Heather should be put on trial for their decision to have a relationship. I don't assign blame to either one. They were both consenting adults. IMO

You're right. I agree. My post that you quoted was in reply to someone else's comment about my previous post.

That would actually be Old Testament. As a Christian, the New Testament tells me that Jesus died for our sins so that the penalty for sin is no longer death, but eternal life for those who accept him. New covenant. John 3:16.

As always these are my opinions and in this case, my personal beliefs and convictions.

I understand that, and am well versed in scripture. However, we can't deny that there are plenty of what I'd call extreme "Christians" who will use scripture to justify violence.

I know it's not the norm, and I know it's not even really all that common, I'm simply pointing out how one juror with extreme views could cause trouble for the prosecution.

Nope, different jury. Mine wasn't federal, and, thank goodness, it wasn't a hung jury. I guess it would have been a mistrial if we hadn't all come to an agreement, which luckily we did, because I would have totally gone to the judge and explained that several jurors were completely willing, and openly admitting, to disregarding his instructions. I'm so glad it didn't come to that. It was soooo stressful as it was.

I agree that Christians won't automatically turn in an innocent verdict because they think Heather deserved what she got. What I do worry about is that sympathy they might feel for the spurned wife will cause feelings resulting (subconsciously possibly) in reasonable doubt. Unfortunately, my experiences in the court room (limited as they are), and those of others I know, have shown me that an impartial jury tends to be more an ideal that a reality.

I am a Christian and everyone sins- I would not have sympathy for the spurned wife(the murderer)and I dang sure do not /would not blame Heather for being murdered !

A person who feels TM was provoked, for example, may refuse to convict on murder and if no lesser charges are offered or available, i.e second degree ( which I do not think SC has) end up hanging a jury. Just an opinion.

It's up to the attorneys and their hired consultants during voir dire to ferret out these types of people and kick them off before they get on a jury. They'll know what questions to ask by the time trial comes around. They'll have certain types of people who they know won't be favorable (both sides will have their types). Through effective and thorough questioning they can get a prospective juror to reveal biases. Nothing is 100% as we know, and there is always a risk in any jury trial. But voir dire is the time to make those calls wrt a jury.

I was informed that in the state of SC committing adultery is a crime. (apparently this is on the books). So, if that's true, technically... yeah she did. She was well over the age of consent and she did have an adulterous relationship with a man who was married.

Wouldn't it be difficult to accuse someone of committing adultery when Tammy herself claimed her and her husband had an "open marriage" and that she had a boyfriend herself for two years??:truce:

An open marriage has no legal definition. It's black and white. You are either married or not married in the eyes of the law.

cluciano63, if a jury member did identify with the wronged woman what do you think that would mean?

Does anyone think the jury could ok a wronged woman murdering someone?

Not I .... !!!!!!!!!

One local did say a few months ago that there was some "tut tutting" about Heather dating a married man...some people are bound to hold that opinion, even if it defies all logic in the matter of her being a victim. Some might identify more with the "wronged" woman, especially if they have been one or seen a family broken up over such a relationship. You just can't account for how people will think. JMO

BBM
Isn't that the truth?
I would never in a hundred years expected OJ Simpson
and
Casey anthony to be found not guilty.
Never,......

What were those jurors thinking?
What will the jurors in this case think?????

No one said a jury would vote "not guilty" due to the extramarital affair...but that one juror could possibly cause a hung jury, if they held a personal hatred for such. Selecting the jury does not always work out as well as it should...as we have seen. Jmo

Wow, that is not what my post says.

My post was in response to your comment " You just can't account for how people will think. "

this mess is ridiculous!

I did not mean to respond to you...someone asked me if I thought a jury would ignore the murder and that is not what I said, lol

See quoted portion of #608

No one said a jury would vote "not guilty" due to the extramarital affair...but that one juror could possibly cause a hung jury, if they held a personal hatred for such. Selecting the jury does not always work out as well as it should...as we have seen. Jmo

cluciano, thank you for explaining and thanks to everyone for explaining what you all meant. I understand now what you are saying.

I posted this before a ways back - but will say it again. Those of us engaged in the case know that Social Media and other places have said those things. Those of us engaged in the case know the details that are out there, etc.

I live here and I can tell you there are PLENTY of people who know little to NOTHING about Heather's case. I'm dead serious - I've spoken with people like this. You bring up the name - there's no recognition. Sometimes if you start giving details - with some they'll be like "Oh yeah - I remember hearing something about that. Did they find her?" They don't even know anyone has been arrested or that they believe she is deceased.

Just :twocents: :)

I live with four other adults. Each of us have a tv and a computer. I asked the others about Heather and the ones that were arrested. They have heard about it and seen the posters (we live just down the road from Heather's apartment and there is a poster at the railroad tracks) but none of them know anything else about the case. I really do not think that there will be a problem getting a jury together here in Horry County. JMO!

Yup, attorneys are a dime a dozen, no doubt about that.

Anyways, clients dropping mid-case or upon being appointed/retained---miniscule difference in my experience. It has never happened upon the commencement of the trial, in my personal experience. So, I'm not sure what you are getting at there.

But maybe you know more about it than me. With your personal experience, what percentage of time do you see it happening?

I did not say attorneys are a dime a dozen. That is not what I meant. We have different interpretations of the statement Richardson made. I don't think anyone can predict just who will be sitting and standing in the court room come trial day. Respectfully,I don't care to get into a discussion about your experience vs. mine. We need to agree to disagree.:loser:

I can understand the OJ verdict. The prosecution did a terrible job and the defense team did their job amazingly well with shat they had to work with. In top of that a judge that thought he was a celebrity and OJ an actual celebrity.

Casey Anthony I will never in a million years understand and it's cases like that which make me worry about cases like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A person who feels TM was provoked, for example, may refuse to convict on murder and if no lesser charges are offered or available, i.e second degree ( which I do not think SC has) end up hanging a jury. Just an opinion.

They could still convict on kidnapping. And with all the financial stuff the M's seemed to be pulling, I don't see either of them walking for a very long time.

They could still convict on kidnapping. And with all the financial stuff the M's seemed to be pulling, I don't see either of them walking for a very long time.

But unless they get LWOP or DP for Heather's murder, a lot of people will not consider it justice.

An open marriage has no legal definition. It's black and white. You are either married or not married in the eyes of the law.

unless you get in to .... omg I need coffee.... what's the word I'm looking for.... you can claim to be married after living as married.... blah sorry.... someone pull that word outta my head, please?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

unless you get in to .... omg I need coffee.... what's the word I'm looking for.... you can claim to be married after living as married.... blah sorry.... someone pull that word outta my head, please?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Oooh, oooh! I know, I know!

Common law

But unless they get LWOP or DP for Heather's murder, a lot of people will not consider it justice.

30 is the max for kidnapping in SC; the IE could be (IMOO) significant or nothing and some time for the OOJ... If the prosecution does't get the murder conviction, I think the M's financial past will be delved into and could possibly add more time. 40 years for a 42 year old woman and a 38 year old man is pretty much life but I would be concerned about their chance of parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored
Back