Introduce Yourself

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks everyone for their support and congratulations. I made it! The conditions were a bit harsh and the anticipation un-nerving. When it got to the race it was not unlike a long run in the Seattle wind and rain. Not my first choice for conditions but survivable. It marked my 18th marathon and 5th Boston. I had a great race until I hit the wall at 22. I am sore and proud to have completed another - Thanks again!

My name is Maria and I am 40ish. I now live in Huntington, W.V. with my husband (a software developer/programmer) of almost nine years and numerous cats. I am originally from Portsmouth, Oh and have lived in Atlanta, Tampa and Cincinnati. I attended the Galloway School and Oglethorpe University in Atlanta. I was a Merit System administrator for the State of Georgia for many years and held a similar position for a local area hospital. I moved back to the area to be closer to my family, especially my grandparents. My mother and I share caregiver duties for them.

I spend time reading about true crime and Anna's case really touched my heart. In her pictures, it is as if she is reaching out to you....There is something very special about her. Yes, she is lovely and adorable, but there is something else. Looking at her smile makes me smile.

I do not want to downplay the many other missing children we have listed on the boards, but some of us do have our "special cases" and for me, it is Anna.

In addition, I have a powerful feeling that Anna is definitely still alive. I don't have any reason as to why I feel that is the case....I just do.

I received a PM from Maria/mfmangel1's husband today that Maria unexpectedly passed away yesterday. I am stunned by suddeness of her her death, but I am also very touched that he felt it important to share the news of her passing with us. Anna's case had a special appeal to Maria and we have always appreciated her input on this forum

One thought comes to my mind: If you believe that the afterlife is where all truth is revealed, then Maria now knows the answers that we who remain in the earthly realm continue to seek.

Please pray for her family and friends who will miss her. I feel honored that she considered us among her friends.

Doug

Blessings and peace to her family, I remember her as a kind person in all of her posts. I am so sorry for your loss.

Thanks for sharing the information Doogie. That was very kind of her husband to send you a pm. I do believe, as you suggested in your post Doogie.

Prayers to Maria's Husband and family at this time. She will be missed here at the ACW forum and WS.

aww prayers for her family she will be missed here @ websleuths

Condolences and prayers to Maria's family. I'm sorry that we lost a wonderful being and know that she is in God's arms now.

I don't have an address for Maria, but hopefully someone who does will let her family know that all of us are very sorry for their loss. She was a caregiver and a caring person, and I know she will be sorely missed. It was very good of them to let us know so that we can hold her in our thoughts and prayers.

I received a PM from Maria/mfmangel1's husband today that Maria unexpectedly passed away yesterday. I am stunned by suddeness of her her death, but I am also very touched that he felt it important to share the news of her passing with us. Anna's case had a special appeal to Maria and we have always appreciated her input on this forum

One thought comes to my mind: If you believe that the afterlife is where all truth is revealed, then Maria now knows the answers that we who remain in the earthly realm continue to seek.

Please pray for her family and friends who will miss her. I feel honored that she considered us among her friends.

Doug

Wow...I'm so sorry to hear about this. R.I.P. mfmangel. I do believe as well, that she knows the answers we are seeking. Perhaps she is now the guardian angel for Anna's forum :)

i posted up a thread in the jury room she posted a lot in the threads over there

i posted up a thread in the jury room she posted a lot in the threads over there

Thanks, Smile22. Maria's husband asked that we let everyone who knew her know about her passing - thanks for spreading the sad news.

Because of the passing of mfmangel1, I have been remiss in mentioning the passing of another person who has been helpful in our search for Anna. U.S. Congressman Tom Lantos who represented the district that Annasmom lives in passed away also this week. The Congressman and his staff were very helpful at expediting the DNA test for "C". We appreciate his efforts and offer our condolenseces to his family.

Thanks Dr. Doogie. Both of these people will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope their families take comfort in the lecacy of caring and unselfish acts. So often we focus on what we accomplish but it is equally as important to think our actions, values and behavior.

The people on this group are such an inspiration to me -- we have no guarantee that will we accomplish our quest but everyday I learn so much from the journey.

Blessings to all.

Hi all! I have been a lurker for quite a while and am very impressed by all the information you all have gathered in the search for Anna. Not to mention, the support for which everyone has provided to her mother. What a wonderful group you are!

AnnasMom - my heart breaks for you. You have been in my prayers for quite a while and I pray that the Lord will reunite you with your precious child. You deserve to know where she is, and if she isn't with our Lord, then she deserves to know from where she came. I will continue to keep you and Anna in my thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations to SherlockJr and her family! Sherlock's daughter gave birth to a healthy baby girl early this morning.

congrats Sherlockjr & K!!

(I'm a newbie but I've known Sherlock & her family for about 30 years)

Congratulations!
Welcome to the world little one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme