Intruder theories only - RDI theories not allowed! *READ FIRST POST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read a lot that it was rare black duct tape. No reliable source just hearsay.

PMPT, p. 383 (Nook):

"The FBI had determined that the tape allegedly removed from JonBenet's mouth had first been manufactured in November 1996 under the brand name Suretape. The tape had a 40 percent calcium filler in the adhesive, and its yarn/scrim count of 20/10 helped pinpoint that Bron was the tape’s distributor" (Schiller, 1999)

*Shurtape is the brand name's correct spelling.

Duct tape comes in many colours, grey is the most common. The make up of duct tape is far different than that of electrrical tape, which also comes in (most common) black, white and red.

I think it just happened to be black duct tape. Now it comes in zebra but back then I still think it was pretty basic colors. Although in1980 my father made a rainbow around my bedroom with colored duct tape. Roygbiv. It sounds weird but it was the 80's. :).

So colored duct tape is not new.

Do we know for sure where that tape was recovered from? The blanket, the floor,

Hi Dew!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The width of the tape depicted in the image below, appears to be ~2 inches. It doesn't seem to fit. ...literally. (IMO, JMO, MOO, etc.)

F98FB3BA-C3AC-4D9E-B40D-F23AB49837DF.jpg

149blanket.jpg

In this excerpt, from the '98 LE interview, Mr. Ramsey is presented with crime scene photo 149:

"5 LOU SMIT: Photograph number...

6 JOHN RAMSEY: ...149, that was like

7 (INAUDIBLE) what looks like a big piece of duct

8 tape. That doesn't look like that tape I took off

9 JonBenet's mouth.

10 LOU SMIT: Okay. And why do you say that?

11 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, because as I recall,

12 it was black. It was like a little larger than

13 electrical tape in width. And it struck me, and as

14 I thought about it later, as the kind of tape you

15 might use in sailing to wrap around the stanchion

16 or something.

17 LOU SMIT: The black tape?

18 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah.

19 LOU SMIT: Have you used that type of

20 tape on (INAUDIBLE)?

21 JOHN RAMSEY: No, I didn't recognize it.

22 But in this picture, it looks like a piece of duct

23 tape. A big piece of duct tape. And that's not

24 what I remember.

25 LOU SMIT: Okay. That's on photograph number --

1 JOHN RAMSEY: 149. Cause it was like stuck

2 to the blanket almost in this picture.

9 LOU SMIT: You touched on something, you know,

10 and I was going to ask you about that tape later

11 on..."

Seeing pictures from the crime scene and her little body just hit me so hard. This poor baby. Poor family.

I'm amazed how some ignore fact and go just for sensationalism. I was taking some time last night to go over all the things that were put out there as truth but turn out to be outright lies or made up stories.

It makes it really hard to get to the truth.

I'm looking forward to Paula Woodward's book. I don't think it will clear anything up or have any helpful information that will lead to any arrests but maybe it will clear up a lot of lies that have been out there for years.

I`m looking forward to reading Kolar`s book- to get more information about the real facts of the case, evidence and investigation, isn`t that what we all want? I have also read "The death of innocence" to understand the Ramsey`s side of the story, I do recent sensationalism.

I don't believe there are FACTS to be found in his book or any other got that matter.
They are only going to give you what suits their theory as crazy as some of them are.

For me the clear answers come from the evidence we have from real reports, autopsy photos and depositions.

Kolar goes through different theories in his book and explains how he- the DA`s new lead investigator- came to his conclusions based on the evidence and investigation. As I recall he started the investigation with IDI perspective. You don`t have to agree with his theory, he is not an arrogant person which is refreshing.

Kolar goes through different theories in his book and explains how he- the DA`s new lead investigator- came to his conclusions based on the evidence and investigation. As I recall he started the investigation with IDI perspective. You don`t have to agree with his theory, he is not an arrogant person which is refreshing.

I'll keep my feelings to myself. I find his theories completely off the mark. Jmo

One thing I don't understand is raking Lou Smit over the coals for his beliefs. He was a great detective and a great man, loved and respected by all who knew him. Yet I've seen horrible things written about the man, all he wanted was justice, even if you don't agree with his conclusion you don't have to allude to him being a crazy, religious nut job, with blinders on. Who god forbid prayed with the Ramseys, thus blinding him of their guilt. That man was no fool, his past history proves that. Great article Lou Smit vs Steve Thomas.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.true-crime/2008-07/msg01108.html

One thing I don't understand is raking Lou Smit over the coals for his beliefs. He was a great detective and a great man, loved and respected by all who knew him. Yet I've seen horrible things written about the man, all he wanted was justice, even if you don't agree with his conclusion you don't have to allude to him being a crazy, religious nut job, with blinders on. Who god forbid prayed with the Ramseys, thus blinding him of their guilt. That man was no fool, his past history proves that. Great article Lou Smit vs Steve Thomas.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.true-crime/2008-07/msg01108.html

I agree. He was a good man and a great detective. There is no reason to malign him. He worked for the DA first. He saw it all..

I believe that he had nothing at all to gain in this case so his position has merit. It certainly has no bearing on the rest of his career.

I've been reading a 1999 archived Q & A 'chat' session with Pam Paugh @ ACR. ...interesting read! For example:

Q: "Finally, I've always wondered if there were anyway for an intruder to climb up on the balcony of JonBenet's bedroom, and if so, was there a sliding door to her room from the balcony that might have been left unlocked? Thanks, river"

A: "There was clearly full access to the balcony outside JonBenet's room. Any intruder could have entered from that position. There was also a tree located close by which had several branch extensions giving additional access to the balcony. Her room did not have a sliding glass door, but a regular door leading to the balcony. Oddly enough, when I was in the room, I noticed that this same door had been 'secured by obvious means' from the inside. It is a point of investigation and I cannot comment further."

*Paugh is referencing the 28th, when she was chaperoned in the house, collecting items to take to GA. I've always wondered about the balcony...

Link to source: http://www.acandyrose.com/s-pam-paugh.htm

Santa suit in a duffel bag?... :waitasec:

Q: "Did the killer bring a Santa Suit in the duffel bag that was found that he changed into--perfect cover and disguise---or did he wear it into the house with the hi-tec boots?"

A: "Excellent question!!! The Ramseys did not own a Santa outfit!!!"

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-pam-paugh.htm

(bbm)
Santa suit in a duffel bag?... :waitasec:

Q: "Did the killer bring a Santa Suit in the duffel bag that was found that he changed into--perfect cover and disguise---or did he wear it into the house with the hi-tec boots?"

A: "Excellent question!!! The Ramseys did not own a Santa outfit!!!"

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-pam-paugh.htm
Patsy Ramsey BDA interview - June 23, 1998:
3 TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. 400 we've looked at
4 before, a different angle.
5 PATSY RAMSEY: Right. That is down in the
6 basement. It is like cotton or something.
7 TRIP DEMUTH: Do you know what that is?
8 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't know why cotton would
9 be there.
10 TRIP DEMUTH: You don't recognize it?
11 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
12 TRIP DEMUTH: It doesn't mean anything to
13 you?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
15 TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. Tom.
16 TOM HANEY: Do you ever remember seeing it in
17 there?
18 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
19 TOM HANEY: Could it have come off of
20 something?
21 PATSY RAMSEY: It could have come off -- well
22 the Christmas tree is in there, but I don't know if
23 they had cotton on them.
24 TOM HANEY: Did you use any kind of cotton
25 batting like, or it appears to be a fairly big piece,
1 not a real small piece like an Aspirin bottle.
2 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah. I don't know. I can't
3 think of.
4 TOM HANEY: Anywhere, any decorating or
5 crafts or --
6 PATSY RAMSEY: I can't think of any.
7 TRIP DEMUTH: Did you have any Santa suits?
8 PATSY RAMSEY: I had Santas. I did have a
9 Santa suit. I stuffed the Santa sometimes.
10 TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. Where was that?
11 PATSY RAMSEY: That should have been back in
12 the Christmas room back, you know, in the shower back
13 in there.
14 TRIP DEMUTH: If you walked past the laundry
15 room, the shower to the storage room is at the end of
16 that hallway, the room it would be in.
17 PATSY RAMSEY: Right there would be kind of a
18 beard, but I don't know it was made out of cotton. It
19 was kind of more like synthetic.
20 TRIP DEMUTH: That was -- the Santa suit was
21 never in the window sill.
22 PATSY RAMSEY: Not to my knowledge.

(bbm)Patsy Ramsey BDA interview - June 23, 1998:
3 TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. 400 we've looked at
4 before, a different angle.
5 PATSY RAMSEY: Right. That is down in the
6 basement. It is like cotton or something.
7 TRIP DEMUTH: Do you know what that is?
8 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't know why cotton would
9 be there.
10 TRIP DEMUTH: You don't recognize it?
11 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
12 TRIP DEMUTH: It doesn't mean anything to
13 you?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
15 TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. Tom.
16 TOM HANEY: Do you ever remember seeing it in
17 there?
18 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
19 TOM HANEY: Could it have come off of
20 something?
21 PATSY RAMSEY: It could have come off -- well
22 the Christmas tree is in there, but I don't know if
23 they had cotton on them.
24 TOM HANEY: Did you use any kind of cotton
25 batting like, or it appears to be a fairly big piece,
1 not a real small piece like an Aspirin bottle.
2 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah. I don't know. I can't
3 think of.
4 TOM HANEY: Anywhere, any decorating or
5 crafts or --
6 PATSY RAMSEY: I can't think of any.
7 TRIP DEMUTH: Did you have any Santa suits?
8 PATSY RAMSEY: I had Santas. I did have a
9 Santa suit. I stuffed the Santa sometimes.
10 TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. Where was that?
11 PATSY RAMSEY: That should have been back in
12 the Christmas room back, you know, in the shower back
13 in there.
14 TRIP DEMUTH: If you walked past the laundry
15 room, the shower to the storage room is at the end of
16 that hallway, the room it would be in.
17 PATSY RAMSEY: Right there would be kind of a
18 beard, but I don't know it was made out of cotton. It
19 was kind of more like synthetic.
20 TRIP DEMUTH: That was -- the Santa suit was
21 never in the window sill.
22 PATSY RAMSEY: Not to my knowledge.

Since one statement is from Pam and the other from Patsy, all it means is that Pam was not aware. Patsy revealed the truth.

I still think that because they had a santa suit does not mean that someone else also did not have a santa suit that showed up there that night.

IT makes sense with what Jonbenet said... And how else to be under cover at Christmas time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003